Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aidan Power joins I Radio

• 03-02-2016 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Big fall from grace for an ex RTE man.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭chilloutrelax

Big fall from grace for an ex RTE man.

Could be seen that way. Maybe its an opportunity to rebuild etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭squonk

Was he canned by RTE? If so it seems a shame. He is a decent presenter. Far better than Nicky Byrne who seems to have replaced him in Montrose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭JoeA3

He was on 2FM over the Christmas period anyway, covering various shifts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Is he getting Steven Coopers old slot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭JoeA3

bbability wrote: »
    Is he getting Steven Coopers old slot?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

It surely must have been his own decision. He seemed to be presenting everything for a while there, him and Kathryn seemed to have a monopoly on those random presenting jobs. He always seems like a nice chap so I wish him well anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

JoeA3 wrote: »
    He was on 2FM over the Christmas period anyway, covering various shifts.

Obviously he was looking for a regular gig. I wonder will his occasional RTE TV work continue?
    On 2FM, he and Ronan McCaul were the only fill in presenters I listened to and when Aidan Leonard fills in for Larry.

There are around 4 other young males who regularly fill in and they strangely all sound the unsufferable same. Dan Healy has a lot to answer for for ruining 2FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

Great tv presenter, but some questions over his radio talents, particularly on Breakfast. He took over from Dermot & Dave on 98 when they were No.1 at Breakfast in Dublin, and during his time, 98 fell to 5th place in Dublin and haven't recovered since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Mr Sea Wolf

Dan Healy has a lot to answer for for ruining 2FM.

His predecessors the two Johns have a lot more to answer for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

His predecessors the two Johns have a lot more to answer for.

At least John McMahon and John Clarke didnt radically change the playlist to suit 12 year olds and saturate the schedule with 'presenters' who should be still in boybands, media courses and in local/regional youth radio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I guess as someone in their 20s, I'm prime target of the new 2FM. But all I'll say is that I'm much, much more likely to listen to 2FM (sans Breakfast Republic and weekends) than I ever would have before Dan Healy took over. I'd say tuning in to Chris and Ciara's first 2FM show was the first time I'd listened to 2FM on purpose in at least 5 or 6 years.

Anyways back on topic: I think Aidan Power will do well on iRadio breakfast. He seems like an affable guy. And sure wouldn't we all take a full time gig over occasional cover if offered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

As the previous poster says, he is a genuine bloke, and a regular gig is better than a part time, occasional one.

On a side note, does anyone else think that he looks a bit like the BBC/Met Office Weatherman, Tomasz Schafernaker?

RpioLeC.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Csalem

Wasn't he on 98FM for a while too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

eiresandra wrote: »
    Great tv presenter, but some questions over his radio talents, particularly on Breakfast. He took over from Dermot & Dave on 98 when they were No.1 at Breakfast in Dublin, and during his time, 98 fell to 5th place in Dublin and haven't recovered since.

They didn't fall to 5th under his reign. That happened when the over priced Ray Foley was at the helm.
    Best of luck to Aidan Power. He's obviously got a good agent. Its what you need in the business today.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭chilloutrelax

bbability wrote: »
    They didn't fall to 5th under his reign. That happened when the over priced Ray Foley was at the helm.
    Best of luck to Aidan Power. He's obviously got a good agent. Its what you need in the business today.

Correct they were behind the Stawberry. From memory they were dropped as they weren't number one anymore as Jim Jim had come back 104.

Advertisement