Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unusual situation

Options
  • 03-02-2016 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Just wondered if anyone has ever encountered this before? We exchanged contracts weeks ago and were due to complete last Friday. Amongst everything we ended up waiting for the redemption figures for the vendor to close. When they came through they had failed to remove a cross charge from the vendor's previous property which he sold in 2008/9. The bank said to them on the phone it was an error of theirs and not to worry when the mortgage was redeemed it would disappear. Problem is neither our nor their solicitor will let us close without this in writing. So, the vendor has to go through the process of filling in forms to get the charge removed. The bank of numpty (as I can't name and shame here, that will do as an alias) will not provide a letter to say that there is no financial laibility related to the cross-charge. They will supply a letter to say that they have a policy of not providing letters (wtf?). Nor will they tell us how long it's going to take to sort this out.

We are having to send our mortgage back to our bank as our solicitor is uncomfortable having it sitting indefinitely in their client account and we're paying interest on it without any end in sight.

How common is this kind of thing? Anyone else had experience of Banks of Numptiness delaying closing? I am extremely glad I bank elsewhere and know I'll never bank with the other lot.

Advertisement