Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Patriots Flag" being erected in Abbey Square, Enniscorthy for 1916

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Sort of money involved here ??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

vicwatson wrote: »
    Sort of money involved here ??

Sure it's only ratepayers money what does it matter. Between the flag and the planned destruction of the Slaney we will be over-run with tourists.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Ian7

I haven't done much digging around on this issue but I would love to know how much its costing and if there was any tender procedure carried out (as it is public funding, unless Keith Doyle paid for it himself.). All we know so far is that technical drawings were done by Kent Steel Ireland.

Personally, I think it is a terrible design, not a bit reflective of what its supposed to represent. And the council think the majority of people are in favour..even though there was no apparent public consultation process/survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

The 'artists impression' looks incredibly vulgar and not in fitting with the surroundings.
    Maybe in actuality it will look better but I'm not hopeful.

Advertisement