Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election posters up already

Options
  • 03-02-2016 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭

It will be nice to see if Laois Co Council have the balls to fine those who put up election posters before the election has been actually called. I've seen a few up already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Same old same . Here's hoping this day next month they'll have been taken down.

I'm more concerned with all the junk that'll be coming through my letterbox.
    I plan on putting into little piles and handing to the relevant political parties when they come knocking on my door.
    Let them pay for recycling!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Same old same . Here's hoping this day next month they'll have been taken down.

I'm more concerned with all the junk that'll be coming through my letterbox.
    I plan on putting into little piles and handing to the relevant political parties when they come knocking on my door.
    Let them pay for recycling!

They are great fire lighters.

Brian Stanley and Charlie Flanagan both had posters up in advance of the election being called. Both broke the law and nothing will be done about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

I'd be more concerned about all the old cable ties they leave in place or on the ground when the posters are removed.

I'd be more concerned about all the old cable ties they leave in place or on the ground when the posters are removed.

Agreed that is a problem also.

Portarlington tidy towns have made a big deal about groups putting up signs about charity events etc in town..............not a word about election ones !

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Agreed that is a problem also.

Portarlington tidy towns have made a big deal about groups putting up signs about charity events etc in town..............not a word about election ones !

posters in the town are banned under Litter Pollution Act (19) 1997... unfortunately election posters are exempt from this once they observe certain conditions.... which basically are not before 30 days of polling day and within 7 days after.

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    posters in the town are banned under Litter Pollution Act (19) 1997... unfortunately election posters are exempt from this once they observe certain conditions.... which basically are not before 30 days of polling day and within 7 days after.

I notice there are none in town at all................I have a pic of Bracklone St during the last election and you couldn't see for posters, not one this time.

Advertisement