Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling EIR , 44 days later

Options
  • 03-02-2016 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

SKY cancelled my EIR in late Dec 2015 , EIR billed me for cancellation of €100 on 22 Dec. I'm not in contract so EIR reversed the €100- . BUT I'm still being billed for line rental and broadband. Phone up Customer Service told me all was now ok, but the bills keep coming . I get an automated reply from the special phonecancellation @ eir and no answer to questions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I would get ahead of the game and lodge a complaint with ComReg asap. Before you know it, Eir will have debt collectors sending you threatening mails and promising legal action. They make cancelling impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

LiamQ wrote: »
    SKY cancelled my EIR in late Dec 2015 , EIR billed me for cancellation of €100 on 22 Dec. I'm not in contract so EIR reversed the €100- . BUT I'm still being billed for line rental and broadband. Phone up Customer Service told me all was now ok, but the bills keep coming . I get an automated reply from the special phonecancellation @ eir and no answer to questions.
    Hi LiamQ

Sorry to hear of this. Please PM me your eir account number and I'll investigate further

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LiamQ

Hi Al,
    Thanks for your call last week, you explained that it was a technical issue,  can you now confirm that the cancellation has taken place and that the next bill will reflect the December cancellation.
    Liam
    PS check your PMs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi Al,
    Thanks for your call last week, you explained that it was a technical issue,  can you now confirm that the cancellation has taken place and that the next bill will reflect the December cancellation.
    Liam
    PS check your PMs
    HI LiamQ

Yes apologies for the delays,  this is indeed a technical issue which is still in the hands of our IT team - The case has not yet been fully closed yet but I can assure you that I have it set up that I be notified once resolved and I will pass on this information immediately.

I have taken this account of payment and if you receive any bills in error I would just like to assure you that you will not have to pay it.

I will update you as soon as I have more word Liam

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LiamQ

83 days and still waiting, or have I lost count?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

83 days and still waiting, or have I lost count?
    Hi LiamQ, 

I'm afraid Al is no longer with us.

Would you like to PM me your account details and I'll check for an update on this.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement