Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replace ram in old laptop advice needed

• 03-02-2016 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭

I have this laptop,
    http://www.memorystock.com/memory/CompaqEvoN1020v.html
    Compaq Evo N1020v Laptop

it has 3 ram slots .
    2 take this 512MB-DDR266, 266MHz, PC2100, 200p SODIMM ddr1 .

there,s a third slot ,
    the ram holder slot is 20-25 per cent shorter than the main 2 ram slots .
    i have 8 ddr2 ram chips .
    500 -1gig spare .
    So what type of ram chip do i need to get for the 3rd slot .
    i want to fill in the 3 ram slots ,
    before i test the laptop.
    I dont know if it works .
    can i buy the 3rd ram chip in cex or maplins .
    i presume its ddr1 .

quote,

You can upgrade your Compaq Evo N1020v Laptop to up to a maximum memory capacity of 1.0 GB Memory, the system has 2 sockets to install Memory, already with 256 MB standard memory installed. For best Evo N1020v Laptop performance use the maximum amount of allowed Memory per slot for your Laptop.

the 3rd slot looks like a ram chip slot ,
    could it be the slot for a wifi chip,
    theres a small white cable, with 2 holes in it .

Is it safe to fill in the 2 ram chip slots with ddr1 512meg chips ,
    And Leave the wifi chip slot empty and just power up the laptop .

The white cable is sort of t shaped ,
    like a small half sized version of the power cable for old 2.5 inch ide laptop drives .

Comments

Advertisement