Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Account Set-up Feedback

Options
  • 03-02-2016 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭

I don't have a question but would like to bring something to your attention.  I just bought a house, the former owner closed the electricity account so I received a generic letter from you to the occupier to set up my account.  That's all fine, but the phone number supplied in the letter to set up the account is 1850 372 372 which was utterly useless as you needed an account number to proceed with the call which obviously I didn't have.  There was no option to speak to an agent through this number, it simply waited until you dialled in your account number.

Perhaps you might change your letters to give out a more useful number ([font=Arial, 'Arial Narrow', sans-serif]1850 30 50 90)[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Cathmandooo,

Thanks for your message.

The primary contact number for Electric Ireland Customer Service is 1850 372 372. If you do not have an Electric Ireland account number when calling please hold the line. The automated system will at first prompt you to enter a nine digit Electric Ireland account number, and will then advise you of the emergency contact numbers for both ESB Networks and Gas Networks Ireland.

The automated system will then advise of the number to select in order to speak with an agent through Irish, and will then again prompt you to enter a nine digit account number. If you do not have an account number at this point continue to hold the line, the automated system will then advise you to press the hash-key (#) on your phone. Pressing this key will then direct you to an agent.

We apologise for the inconvenience if this was not an option when you called. Could you please advise us when you called our Customer Service line in case there was a problem with the line at the time?

The alternative number mentioned,1850 305 090, is the number for our Sales team and is not always appropriate for registering a property, for example in a temporary situations with landlords or short-term tenants.

Should you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Hi Brige,

Thanks for your reply.

I did go through listening to the emergency contact numbers and then the Irish message, it asked me for my account number again at that stage and mentioned hitting the hash key afterward.  I hit the hash key then by itself which brought me right back to the start of the menu and I hung up.  There was no indication of what to do with no account number and I had already jumped through all the hoops and got nowhere.  This was approx 10.45am today.

The other number I mentioned registered my account no problem.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Cathmandoo,

Sorry to read this - there may have been a technical error when you telephoned, which we will alert in case it is still requiring resolution. We have not received any further notification of such an error, though, so it may be resolved at this point.

Thank you for registering with Electric Ireland. Were you transferred to Customer Service when you telephoned 1850 30 50 90, the Sales number?

Thanks also for the suggestion to include the Sales telephone number on letters requesting registration. This number would not be the appropriate one for all those registering, because it is for discounts price-plans, but it would certainly suit several customers.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Hi Una,

No I wasn't put through to anyone else, the lady who answered the Sales line did everything for me.  I have my email confirmation and have set up my log in details on your website so there's no issue there.

Perhaps there was a technical error with the customer services line, it did seem odd not to cater for new customers.

Thanks for your help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again Cathmandoo,

Thank you for confirming. Yes, it seems like it might have been an error, because the Customer Service line looks after non sales registrations - just straightforward account creation, and then they can transfer the caller to Sales if relevant.

Apologies again for the inconvenience and thanks for choosing Electric Ireland.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Advertisement
Advertisement