Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please help Lost dog

• 03-02-2016 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

I really hope it ok to post this here...

Naz has now been missing 48 hours from Kendalstown Wood - his owners are devastated, we have all driven all over the place searching for him... he is a tigh height white Samoyed husky

He is chipped, neutered, with collar - please keep your eyes open... two kids at home are missing him terribly...

Possible sightings last night Charlesland and Kilcoole... which isn't too far from where he lives.

He is very friendly if you see him please hold on to him

Pics attached... TIA

12592430_10153623758664079_3497028417420497280_n.jpg?oh=0d40ef9efaf04e7d6d4bad4976b2cadb&oe=57322CA0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Hi guys, massive favour to ask anyone who is free today (unfortunately I'm in work during the day) Naz's owners Dave and Marie will be doing a flyer drop all day tomorrow to try and reach all the people not on social media..

So looking to do areas like Delgany, Delgany wood, Kilcoole ..anywhere In Greystones ...Is anyone around that are free and could help for a few hours? Dave will meet up with you with flyers..

Naz is now missing 3 days we really need to get him home xx if you can help please text / Call Dave 086 385 5222
    Thanks so much everyone any help would be greatly appreciated

***UPDATE... anyone available to do a flyer drop can you please collect from Greystones business bureau beside the Burnaby pub after 9.30am - can you please message Dave to let him know the area you are able to cover so there is now overlap***

Just wanted to say a huge thank you all for the support locally and help offered - I know Dave and Marie are very grateful!! you are all amazing!!

LETS GET NAZ HOME!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

I took an extra lead out yesterday and will do so again. They must be distraught.

I hope people are checking their sheds as that is where a friend's dog was found after 5 days. They never worked how she got in but she did.

****€500 REWARD****

Nastro is an 8 year old Samoyed with a pink nose who is neutered and microchipped.

He is wearing a purple collar with ID.

He has been missing since February 1st from Bellevue Woods, Delgany, Co. Wicklow.

Please hold onto him if you find him and contact 0863855222

His family need him home .. 😓Nastro's need to be at home .. 😪

Please remember not everyone is on social media - please show this to anyone you may know not on social media so we can try and reach everyone...

Thanks to everyone for all
    Your help over the past week you have all be amazing! 💞

Now let's make all our effort pay off and bring Naz home !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭flahers

I was walking in kendalstown with husband yesterday and we were discussing Naz. Our dog went missing here last year and we spent the day searching, luckily we found him trapped in bramble. I really think the owners and friends/neighbours have to do another thorough search when they are off work at the week end. They need to go off the paths and deep into the woods because the dog may have got a scent and followed it. Its a large area but would be a shame not to do one last massive search, Unfortunately after all this time without food and water and the elements the last few nights the dog would be at best very weak but we hear of miracles so please dont give up. Gather up a few teenagers as well, they have lots of energy and would love to help.Somebody said to me that maybe he was stolen, it's always a possibility especially with a striking dog like this but I doubt if the people who walk in the woods would be that kind so it's all the more reason to look again. Good luck to you.

€1,000 REWARD

for his safe return no questions asked!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭easygoing1982

If it's not clogging up my Facebook,I'm getting it here:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

It's not clogging mine...it's not compulsory to read it here..:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭simdan

Poor people :( I hope you get him back soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

I think at this point, if the usual suspects haven't responded to the reward then it may mean poor Naz may have had a run in with a car or a farmer.

• Advertisement

Calibos wrote: »
    I think at this point, if the usual suspects haven't responded to the reward then it may mean poor Naz may have had a run in with a car or a farmer.

While i 100% agree with you.. his owners will not stop until the get closure.. and maybe the dog walker holds the key...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭flahers

Totally agree with Cocler5. was this dog walker well known to them ? Cant help feeling something doesn't add up here, hopefully wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

What this 'maybe the dog walker holds the key/was this dog walker well known to them?" stuff about. I've read the thread several times now thinking I've missed something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'm also a bit confused. Where exactly was the dog lost, and under what circumstances, i.e. did he run away, or is there a suspicion he was stolen? I've seen various descriptions of the area he was lost in ... Kendalstown Woods (I assume this is Kindlestown?), Bellevue Woods (which is some distance away from Kindlestown) and even Delgany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Cerco

Dog has a very distinctive colour. I would urge those searching to be aware of the possibility he may have had his coat dyed, if somebody wanted to camouflage him. Just a thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 RebekahD

There is a strong possibility that Naz was seen in Arklow yesterday, in the meadowvale, knockmoore area.
    The local samoyeds were ruled out as the dog seen and when his owners were shown photo,deception they are sure it could be him.
    Pictures are on the Facebook page I can't post links as I'm new.
    The page is bring Nastro-Naz home
    Please keep a lookout if your in that area and contact his owners if you see him thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/bringnazhome/posts/915893161859649

Possible Naz sighting in Arklow. Hope this helps. Feel so bad for the family.

Edited: Screenshot added for those who aren't on Facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 571 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

While I hope Naz the dog is found and reunited with his family, I do not like the precedent being set here.
    In my view, offering a large cash reward will encourage the kind of people who steal dogs to sell, to steal dogs for reward.
    While this may help with the return of this particular dog, it may lead to more dog-napping of other family pets.

Advertisement