Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working with a person with a disability

Options
  • 03-02-2016 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I'm looking for ideas for activities around Galway for a person with a mild/moderate learning disability. He will be supported by one person. He has a short attention span and is easily irratated. Physically he is very capable but is also very unfit. A 20 minute brisk walk would leave him out of breath. His areas of interest are music,art and movies however I would love to expose him to as many new experiences as possible. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Have you contacted Rehab?

I know they have a place in Parkmore where there is a range of work activities for people to do. They have a beautiful garden at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Boat cruise on Killary Fjord?
    www.killaryfjord.com

There are a few petting farms around too.
    www.turoepetfarm.com/pet-farm

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

There is a group in Loughrea called C.A.S.A . They are a voluntary group who help with the needs of people with intellectual dasabilities

Advertisement