Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda,annual bin charge

Options
  • 03-02-2016 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

Apparently the annual bin charge I paid panda in January, is only good till July,when they will charge for green bins. Do you think we will get rebates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

horse7 wrote: »
    Apparently the annual bin charge I paid panda in January, is only good till July,when they will charge for green bins. Do you think we will get rebates?
    Was it €55 you paid ? If so, that's the half yearly charge. They're going by weight from July 1st. That's when the fun really starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

i got our renewel, 110 - was coming here to look for alternatives or advice, thread followed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I paid €110 in December so would be expecting something back if we are to be charged by weight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Paid 110 in January.

dodzy wrote: »
    Was it €55 you paid ? If so, that's the half yearly charge. They're going by weight from July 1st. That's when the fun really starts.

No doozy ,annual is for the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

No doozy ,annual is for the year.

No need to be a smartarse.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Panda bought Greenstar today so maybe prices will go up or down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Panda bought Greenstar today so maybe prices will go up or down.

Up of course. When have charges ever come down?

They'll come out with some spin about extra costs due to consolidation of services and reassignment of strategic infrastructure to justify them.

has anyone actually spoke to them about the 110 for the year when the service is changing in july?

• Advertisement

Sent email,but no reply. Any more panda people out there,please bombard them for info on rebates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

where can I get the list of bin days for the year, I left the black bin out on Tuesday and they didn't collect it. can someone post it here so I can download it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It all depends on what route you're on. If you log in to the Panda website using the account number and PIN on the invoices they send you you'll be able to download the calendar for your route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Sent email,but no reply. Any more panda people out there,please bombard them for info on rebates.

Same as - twice - I will buzz them this afternoon and report back what I find out

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Live in D9, but got invoice yesterday for annual charge - only looking for €55 but period on invoice is only up to June.
    No explanation about what happens after that, or that even anything is happening.
    Looked on website, no info either, nor is there a price list!
    Received a letter last week saying that paper tags are being done away with in March - you need to sign up for e-tags.
    Looked on website, could find nothing, not even mentioned in T&C's.
    Not sure what's going on with this company!:confused:

Just off the phone to them. They have no idea what they are doing in July as in what way the pricing will be, how much per kg, how it will be collected ect.

She said i could pay €55 for 6 months if I wanted and wait and see what happens in July.

Told her i would think about it.

There was an alternative last year but I cant remember who it was

Anyone been given a 6 month rebate yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 darcey1971

I just got a reply to an email (shocking customer service) saying that any monies owed from the annual fee would be refunded or credited to my account. Also said they have no information on pricing structure per kg.

What email address did you use to get a response from panda, they are not replying to mine?

• Advertisement

What email address did you use to get a response from panda, they are not replying to mine?

I used this info.wheelie@panda.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Not panda but greyhound gave me a quote of 240 a year or 17 a month

Thanks.

Did it take long before they replied?

Did it take long before they replied?

emailed them twice in last week or so, and got a response within 2 working days of each.
    Make sure you include your account number and full name

I'll just have to ring them, they are not replying to my emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Guys,

Sorry to Hijack the thread, but any idea how much Panda charge for a repalcement green wheelie bin?
    Put ours out for collection yesterday & it disappeared... asked a few of the neighbours had they taken ours by mistake (ours has the house number painted on so its pretty obvious) but they all had their own... so as its stands we're down a green bin... We'd fill ours in the week collection period so would need a replacement quickly.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Guys,

Sorry to Hijack the thread, but any idea how much Panda charge for a repalcement green wheelie bin?
    Put ours out for collection yesterday & it disappeared... asked a few of the neighbours had they taken ours by mistake (ours has the house number painted on so its pretty obvious) but they all had their own... so as its stands we're down a green bin... We'd fill ours in the week collection period so would need a replacement quickly.

Used to be somewhere around 30€ a pop for black or green replacements IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Received a letter last week saying that paper tags are being done away with in March - you need to sign up for e-tags.
    Looked on website, could find nothing, not even mentioned in T&C's.
    Not sure what's going on with this company!:confused:

Late to the party on this but a few months ago I got a flyer from them about setting up your account to pay per lift that way. I checked the link on the email they sent me which had a few details and rang to see if they could just set it up there and then but they needed card details from me, which I didn't have with me at the time.

But now, as you say, there's no such mention on their website any more and the link I had is now dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Orobhsa

DvB wrote: »
    Guys,

Have a spare one if you want it. Based in Clonsilla. Available to collect only. PM if interested.

Advertisement