Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda,annual bin charge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Got them on the phone,they say they are sending out letters in July,but no refunds now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Has anyone got one of them e-tags yet ? Got a letter to say that will be the only way to pay now but you have to ring up to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

I rang them last week to register - easy enough process you just need your bank card, They put through a debit of 12c to verify card. Then you just has to put out your bin and the payment will be charged to your account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

kranbo wrote: »
    I rang them last week to register - easy enough process you just need your bank card, They put through a debit of 12c to verify card. Then you just has to put out your bin and the payment will be charged to your account

30c cheaper than a tag too....!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I thought it was going to be like a pre pay top up card, i don't like giving card details to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

I registered today.. this is the emails with the different options:

"The most popular e-tag options are as follows;
    Daily Lift:

· The service charge remains at €110 for 12 months.

· The black bin costs €9.05 per lift, the green & brown have no extra cost.

· Your credit/debit card is saved on the system

· Each time your bin is lifted, the lift charge is deducted from your saved credit/debit card within 2 days of the bin lift.

2 Monthly Billing:

· Your direct debit details must be saved on the system

· Bills will be issued every 2 months & paid by direct debit

Prepaid Electronic Tags:

· The black bin costs €9.35 per lift, the green & brown have no extra cost.

· A minimum balance of €9.35 must be maintained on your account at all times to cover the lift of the black bin.

· Payment can be made over the phone, online or at An Post, payzone or paypoint.

To sign up to e tags please call us "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

I thought it was going to be pay by weight (kg)
    is that the new payment method until June/July when the regulations kick in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

ongarite wrote: »
    I thought it was going to be pay by weight (kg)
    is that the new payment method until June/July when the regulations kick in?
    Yes ,it is. Really its just a transition from the old bin tag system.

Of course all CS staff will be told to give the same response to any inquiries: "No sorry, we don't know anything about charges that will kick in once it goes pay-by-weight but we will let you know in due course"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Hi guys

Does anybody know what bins are being collected in Dublin 15 (Hartstown) tomorrow? Trying to find out for my mum (as she was saying some charges are taking effect after tomorrow - I don't know!?!), and she doesn't have her account details to hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

The Panda collection for where I am in Hartstown is on Tuesday, not tomorrow. If yours is the same then it's the black and brown bins this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Hi guys

Does anybody know what bins are being collected in Dublin 15 (Hartstown) tomorrow? Trying to find out for my mum (as she was saying some charges are taking effect after tomorrow - I don't know!?!), and she doesn't have her account details to hand.

we are in harts town and it's black and green tomorrow

I got a prepaid card in today. It says if you top up by less than €20 there is a €2 admin charge.
    Also they said you have to have two advance payments on the card otherwise no bins will be lifted.
    What did i pay €110 in December for then ?
    They have me confused so will have to fire off an email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 WTSIB

I believe the €110 charge is for the "overall" service, irrespective of how many or few bins put out--- each Black is currently charged for as per details above-- with speculation being that all bins will be charged separately, at differing amounts, from a date yet to be confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

WTSIB wrote: »
    I believe the €110 charge is for the "overall" service, irrespective of how many or few bins put out--- each Black is currently charged for as per details above-- with speculation being that all bins will be charged separately, at differing amounts, from a date yet to be confirmed.

From 1st of June all companies nationwide will have same charging system, per bin.

Patww79 wrote: »

Yes but they have said no bins will be collected if you don't have your account in credit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

It is a nightmare. They only sent me the card on Friday. I had no time to top up. I rang them & they told me to use a bin tag this monday. Fine except no shops have any left. I then tried to top up online but there is no option on my account to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I set up direct debit after I got a notice on my last paper tag bin drop that paper tags would be no longer accepted. They then deducted 9 euro straight off my account even though I hadnt put a black bin out since registering for the e-tag system. When I rang, they said it was a timing issue and that they'd credit my account with the same amount.....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Do they charge the €110 annual fee to the card they have on file ? there are four of us renting a house in Tyrellstown & whilst I don't mind putting my card up for the bins lifts, I don't want to get caught for the annual fee as that comes under the landlords agreement

• Advertisement

I've paid my annual fee to panda, and only use green and brown bins. Should my brown bin be collected as normal till July comes?

horse7 wrote: »
    Apparently the annual bin charge I paid panda in January, is only good till July,when they will charge for green bins. Do you think we will get rebates?
    So this has changed,and green bins will still be free once service charge is paid. Can anyone verify this? If this is the case why is panda issuing warning that no bins(including green) will be collected?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Got a phone call off a Sean on about Panda going around washing the bins, €5.60 a bin.

Sure bleach and hot water after every pickup keeps them clean

From panda ,nothing about their warning notice. The most popular e-tag options are as follows;
    Daily Lift:
    · Your credit/debit card is saved on the system
    · Each time your bin is lifted, the lift charge is deducted from your saved credit/debit card within 2 days of the bin lift.

2 Monthly Billing:
    · Your direct debit details must be saved on the system
    · Bills will be issued every 2 months & paid by direct debit

Prepaid Electronic Tags:
    · The black bin costs €9.35 per lift, the green & brown have no extra cost.
    · A minimum balance of €9.35 must be maintained on your account at all times to cover the lift of the black bin.
    Payment can be made over the phone, online or at An Post, payzone or paypoint

We have not been updated yet as to regards to the recycling charges come July. You will be notified as soon as we know.

Should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

What other waste collection providers serve D15? I know not all parts of D15 are covered by the different bin companies but I presume there are options other than Panda in the area. Judging by the prices the other companies will be charging for pay by weight I'm expecting Panda to be expensive so it would be nice to have a few options.

Panda said I could use billpay at the post office. They said they would send me a card to use in the post office. A week later nothing in the post from them. Called them again and now they say they have no cards in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Panda new pricing structure from 1 July:

Yearly service charge up from €110 to €118. Again payable yearly or 6monthly.

Now for the good bit:

Black bin: €3.20 for the lift and 27c per kg on top of this charge.
    Brown bin: €2.56 for the lift and 16c per kg on top.

dodzy wrote: »

Now for the good bit:

Where did you hear this? We haven't received anything from Panda yet. Those prices are outrageous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

dodzy wrote: »

Now for the good bit:

Didn't the minister at the time say that 90% of people would pay less or around the same under this new scheme.

No way that can happen with these prices. Anything over 21.7kg in your black bin and you're paying more and that's not taking the brown bin into it.

Just checked my online account and my black bins usually weigh between 15-20kg. so I'll save a euro or so on the black but lose it and some with the brown.

• Advertisement

Didn't the minister at the time say that 90% of people would pay less or around the same under this new scheme.

No way that can happen with these prices. Anything over 21.7kg in your black bin and you're paying more and that's not taking the brown bin into it.

Just checked my online account and my black bins usually weigh between 15-20kg. so I'll save a euro or so on the black but lose it and some with the brown.

I think they completely underestimated how much the companies would charge. We'd probably save if companies were charging the minimum set out by the government, but we worked out how much we'll be paying using last year's weights and it's significantly more. Sure how could we save money? We currently pay per lift so the bin goes out every 5 weeks or so, and we pay nothing for the brown bin.

Advertisement