Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda,annual bin charge

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dereks

Roughly working it out based on the figures, an increase of 59% on a couple with 1 baby who already recycle!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

dereks wrote: »
    Still no correspondence from Panda but if the prices are accurate our bin prices are going through the roof. We use brown and the green bin already and our black bin is never under 40kg.

The prices are spot on unfortunately. Still disgraceful that we have received nothing official at this point, a mere 2 weeks before the changeover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I got mine via email on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

Received an e-mail from Panda re price increase just now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Looking at the new rates our annual costs will (going on average weights of our bins since the turn of the year) be approx 200% of what we pay at present. I wouldnt mind but we use the green bin, the brown bin & recycle as much as we can & we're still looking at a substantial increase... Not alot we can do but suck it up I suppose. Disgusted there's to be a charge on the brown bin now though.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Tune in to lifeline now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Basically u got to tell ur bin company before July if u want to stay on ur present tariff or they will put you on the pay by weight system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is that confirmed? What's the bets Panda's phones will go down?

Also, where does that leave the new brown bin charge?

Charges have been frozen for a year so the brown bin pay by weight charge won't come in until next July. You can change over to it before then if you want though.

We've received nothing from Panda about waste charges at all. They didn't contact us with the pay by weight charges and they didn't contact us when they agreed to freeze prices for a year. I can't see how they could move us to a plan we know nothing about. Was Panda specifically mentioned on the radio?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

horse7 wrote: »
    Basically u got to tell ur bin company before July if u want to stay on ur present tariff or they will put you on the pay by weight system.
    Patww79 wrote: »

Nope, that only applies to Greyhound. If you're with Panda you stay as you are unless you ask to be moved to pay by weight.

Greyhound also aren't part of that waste management organisation that agreed the freeze.

If Pandas phones do go down, it's because people are getting hysterical and not actually listening or reading what's happening.

Charges have been frozen for a year so the brown bin pay by weight charge won't come in until next July. You can change over to it before then if you want though.

We've received nothing from Panda about waste charges at all. They didn't contact us with the pay by weight charges and they didn't contact us when they agreed to freeze prices for a year. I can't see how they could move us to a plan we know nothing about. Was Panda specifically mentioned on the radio?

Do they have your correct email address, they sent out mails last week or the week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Do they have your correct email address, they sent out mails last week or the year before.

Yep, they manage to email our bills to us so they definitely have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just received this email:

Dear Panda Customer,

Following the recent announcement by Minister Coveney we will not be introducing our pay by weight pricing structure for a further 12 months and will be maintaining our existing pricing structure with you until then.

From 1st January 2017 we will provide you with dual pricing so you can see the effect a pay by weight pricing structure will have on your waste collection cost. This will give you an opportunity to review your weights and bin presentation habits before the mandatory implementation of Pay-By-Weight from 1st July 2017.
    If you have any queries you can call us on LO-Call: 1890 62 62 62 (Opt 4)

There are frequently asked questions about Pay-By-Weight on our website www.panda.ie

Yours sincerely,

The Panda Customer Care Team.

Advertisement