If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new 4k TV to fit into an old cabinet

Options
  • 03-02-2016 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

My uncle is looking to buy a new 4k TV that he can fit into an old media cabinet that he has. Internal Dimensions are 780mm wide and 550mm high.

I don't know if you have some sort of database for TV's that you could check but thought I would ask the question to see.

Link to a picture of said cabinet

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

davkav wrote: »
    My uncle is looking to buy a new 4k TV that he can fit into an old media cabinet that he has. Internal Dimensions are 780mm wide and 550mm high.

I don't know if you have some sort of database for TV's that you could check but thought I would ask the question to see.

Link to a picture of said cabinet
    Hi Davkav, thanks for your post

Unfortunately the smallest TV we have that is 4k would bs a 40", and dimensions of it would be 900mm x 510mm so would be too wide for the cabinet.

Is there any option for it to sit on top of the cabinet?

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

Hi Brian,

Ideally he wants it to fit into the cabinet so that he can still close it and hide the TV.

Ill have a look around and see if I can come up with model numbers that might fit, if I find any ill check with yourselves to see if you can get them for a good price.

Thanks,
    Dave

Hi Brian,

Ideally he wants it to fit into the cabinet so that he can still close it and hide the TV.

Ill have a look around and see if I can come up with model numbers that might fit, if I find any ill check with yourselves to see if you can get them for a good price.

Thanks,
    Dave
    No probs, there's plenty we could do in smaller sizes, but 4k TVs tend to be 40" and above, we don't really see anything smaller than that

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with
    Brian

I'm having a good look around at the moment and the 4k TV's dont seem to come in anything less than 40" as you say.

I did find some computer monitors that are 32" and 4k but then they lack the extra features such as smart tv, usb etc.

So I started looking at good quality 1080p TV's then but cant seem to find a 36" one. 32" would be too small in the cabinet I would imaging, do you know of any 36" 1080p TV's?

Thanks for the help,
    Dave

I'm having a good look around at the moment and the 4k TV's dont seem to come in anything less than 40" as you say.

I did find some computer monitors that are 32" and 4k but then they lack the extra features such as smart tv, usb etc.

So I started looking at good quality 1080p TV's then but cant seem to find a 36" one. 32" would be too small in the cabinet I would imaging, do you know of any 36" 1080p TV's?

Thanks for the help,
    Dave
    Hi Davkav, unfortunately not, again all manufacturers seem to stick with the standard 32" then 40" and don't do anything in between

Brian

• Advertisement

No probs Brian. Thanks for the help. When we decide on a TV Ill check price with you first.

Dave

No probs Brian. Thanks for the help. When we decide on a TV Ill check price with you first.

Dave
    Thanks Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.