Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pub grub / carvery on satuardays limerick city outskirts

• 03-02-2016 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭

Used to go to Scotts bar for grub whenever in limerick , but obviously its closed now. Anyone recommend somewhere similar that does roast dinners on Sat. near the city but not in city centre.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

is russells too far out for you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Unicorn has a great daily roast and its usually two main courses for 18 , beautiful food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Unicorn has a great daily roast and its usually two main courses for 18 , beautiful food

Wouldn't class any of the food in the Unicorn as "beautiful" by any stretch of the imagination but certainly adequate for €18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Synotts in Annacotty and Collins in Dooradoyle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

JP Clarks in Bunratty if its within your distance - great food at great prices. never had a bad meal there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

davo2001 wrote: »
    Wouldn't class any of the food in the Unicorn as "beautiful" by any stretch of the imagination but certainly adequate for €18.

I wouldn't even class it as adequate!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭boosabum

The Mill Bar Annacotty also does pub food

• Registered Users Posts: 41 onliner

Bobby Byrnes O Connell Avenue might do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Very salty food in the unicorn at times, but it'll get you through the day! Not the worst, and you get a free desert I think depending on what you order which isn't bad.

Mixed reports on Bobbys. Collins isn't bad. Depends what side of the town you're looking for. Finnegans is another spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Very salty food in the unicorn at times, but it'll get you through the day! Not the worst, and you get a free desert I think depending on what you order which isn't bad.

Mixed reports on Bobbys. Collins isn't bad. Depends what side of the town you're looking for. Finnegans is another spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

seachto7 wrote: »

Went to Bobbys for a pint and a bit of grub on a Friday night recently, my first time there and I was fairly disappointed! Certainly wouldn't be recommending it to anyone or rushing back myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Skuxx wrote: »
    Went to Bobbys for a pint and a bit of grub on a Friday night recently, my first time there and I was fairly disappointed! Certainly wouldn't be recommending it to anyone or rushing back myself!

Never ate there at night but I regularly have their carvery lunches and always find them pretty good.

Also, the new carvery in the Ardhú Bar (Next door to the Woodfield House Hotel) on the Ennis Road, does a nice tasty lunch at a very reasonable €9.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

JP Clarkes if you can make it to Bunratty, probably my favourite pub lunch spot. Nice ambience out there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

alfies bar in ballycummin village.
    ive never had a bad meal there.really nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

I went to Finnegans out by annacotty once when I was hungover and I have to say it was unreal, proper servings too. If you don't mind the trip I'd go there

Advertisement