Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

bike seat repair?

• 03-02-2016 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭

My 1100GS fell over yesterday in the wind (parked...), and clipped a bollard on its way down, putting a tear in the side of the seat :(

Gaffa tape is a temporary fix but is there a better repair I can do myself? Or does anyone have the name of a good seat upholsterer?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Tiger seal if its not too big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

...you could put a patch behind it..bit of vinyl and some spray glue...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Callaghan Rory
    Address: 11 Greentrees Pk Walkingstown D 12 Co. Dublin
    City of Dublin
    Phone: (01)4504114

did my HD seat, excellent job and not to expensive, had lots of other seats done when I was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Callaghan Rory
    Address: 11 Greentrees Pk Walkingstown D 12 Co. Dublin
    City of Dublin
    Phone: (01)4504114

did my HD seat, excellent job and not to expensive, had lots of other seats done when I was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

youtube.com/watch?v=uVEsatB6bUE

I bought new seat cover for my CBR from Poland through eBay. Put it on myself. Best if you have a pneumatic stapler. Cost about £35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

Thanks for all the replies! Tiger Seal might do the job, I think I have some in the shed. It's too small to fit anything in behind it though, but there are 2 tears and I could make a slit to join them and then pop in a patch behind...

But I think Rory Callaghan is the solution. When I heard the name I remembered I used him years ago for another job, so thanks for jogging the grey matter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

There's also a lad in Poppintree who did mine a couple months back and did a whopper job on it. If you want his details, let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

There's also a lad in Poppintree who did mine a couple months back and did a whopper job on it. If you want his details, let me know.

I've love his details as I've two saddles to get done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Same here, Poppintree just round the corner, cheers Jimmy

• Advertisement
Advertisement