Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple iPhone 6 or 6s ?

• 03-02-2016 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am currently on Android. I am due an upgrade soon and am thinking of switching to Apple iPhone.

I've compared both on gsmarena and I get the differences but is there any real advantage of the 6s over the 6 ? I know the 6s has force touch (or 3D touch) but honestly...seen it in action....while it's nice...not really bothered.

Main difference is 99-euro on a 16Gb iPhone 6 or 249-euro on a 16Gb iPhone 6s. I use Dropbox, Google Drive & iCloud so not bothered about the storage.

I use Spotify if I want to listen to music (have unlimited data). Basically...my phone is calls, messaging (Viber, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger & regular textign), email & reading news articles using browser, plus Calender for appointments/reminders etc.

Is there any compelling reason I should go for 6s over 6?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Basically another year of software updates, several years down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

Zcott wrote: »
    Basically another year of software updates, several years down the line.

If I got the 6 in a few weeks would it not be guaranteed updates for at least 2 more years if not longer? Reason I ask is that I typically upgrade every 2 years.

Thanks for replying so quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

laoisfan wrote: »
    If I got the 6 in a few weeks would it not be guaranteed updates for at least 2 more years if not longer? Reason I ask is that I typically upgrade every 2 years.

Thanks for replying so quick.

I've the 5s and still performing great after more than 2 years, gets all the updates as per usual. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

The 6s is probably that bit faster and maybe has a better camera. I have a 16gb 6 and it does me fine. I use Spotify and all my pics are backed upto iCloud and Dropbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

laoisfan wrote: »

If you're upgrading every two years the 6 might be ok, but the 6S is still faster, better camera, etc. If you can afford the extra €150, do.
    I've the 5s and still performing great after more than 2 years, gets all the updates as per usual. :)

Last year the iPhone 4S was the last device to get iOS 9, and it's not a great experience. This year the 5 should be the last device to get iOS 10, and 2017's iOS 11 will support the iPhone 5S, but on the lowest hardware supported it's never fun. To be honest I'd be reluctant to use the most recent OS on a phone that's more than two years old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I was in the same boat last week moving from a Note 4 to an iPhone. Priced up the 6 and 6s plus and from reading the reviews I went with the 6s for the better camera and snappier performance. There was a price difference but I thought as I'd have it two years it was worth the extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

I know you said storage is not a big deal for you, but tbh if you are signing up for a 24 month contract, you *might* regret getting only 16gb down the line.

I moved back to iPhone around this time last year after 3 years with android, and no regrets. At the time, my budget stretched to a 6 Plus with 16gb or a 6 with 64gb. I went for the 64gb, because I knew I'd be keeping it for 2 years.

If I had your choice right now, tempting and all as the 6s might be, I'd seriously consider going with the 6 and getting more storage for the same-ish price as the entry level 6s.

Advertisement