Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Repair

Options
  • 03-02-2016 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, can anyone recommend a good company in Carlow who repair computers.

Thanks
    Phil_the_Dub.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I got mine done in the shop beside murphs shoe repairs. can't remember the name

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

DS Computers down in castle hill beside Dominos..... good lads in their always helped me out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

What's wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Phil_the_Dub

Hi Brian, sometimes it won't start up, also sometimes is won't shut down so I have force shutdown & it's slow & prone to freezing. I'm thinking the mother board is on its way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Hi Brian, sometimes it won't start up, also sometimes is won't shut down so I have force shutdown & it's slow & prone to freezing. I'm thinking the mother board is on its way out.

Might be the HDD packing up? is it very old? it may not be worth the repair. Many repair shops use parts salvaged from scrapped computers so a repair or replacement motherboard may not last. could cost €100+ for replacement board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Sounds more like a Windows issue than an hardware one.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Snaffles2014

Do need data backed up from the hard drive, if that was the issue?
    What version of Windows is it? (If it is Windows)
    Have you got diagnostics tools to repair the hard drive on your machine?

You also have Click Computers on Barracks street, if need be but if its just a resources (hard drive space, memory, performances issues (disk cleanup, defrag) then you may not need to bring it anywhere.

Advertisement