Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any chance at all, of some help for, an existing business customer...

Options
  • 03-02-2016 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Hey EirDudes / EirDudettes!!

I've been trying to purchase upgraded services from Eir since mid December 2015.

Ah I remember it well, after a barrage of calls from your 7652760 number I finally, on one lucky occasion, got to the phone in time before you hung up... free eFibre upgrade they said, reduced price for the unlimited call package they said, free modem and installation they said, I could get a great mobile package they said... next install date is first week back after Christmas they said.

That's great I said, can you email me that offer I said. No problem they said. It arrived, missing some vital detail but they came back quickly enough when requested... All good (to myself) I said.

Then a query... the handset was showing on website as 99euronotes rather than 199 quoted on phone... no response forthcoming...

So I settled down for Christmas, happy in the thought that this would be resolved in January.

This is still going on to this date, so I gave up on the Eir humans and placed both orders online last Friday. 
    I actually went for a dearer handset: €289 rather than €199... I'm desperate to give you guys money!

I've just come off another long drawn out phone call, without a result (tied up my phone line for twenty minutes)
    (All I was looking for was an update, because your phone system advises me that there are currently no orders for my number). Give me 24 hours he said... hopefully Jack Bauer is going to get involved at this stage

Please please please just proceed with the orders... I can't justify wasting anymore time on your super-slow sales system for your super-fast (hopefully) service.

There was no problem sending out an email yesterday to advise of a price increase, no that particular Eir system works fine and dandy... perhaps get that computer for your sales system... then you wouldn't need to increase your prices??

THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT LADS.

All the best... have a super great day!

Yours sincerely,
    EirHead

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

minikin wrote: »
    Hey EirDudes / EirDudettes!!

I've been trying to purchase upgraded services from Eir since mid December 2015.

Ah I remember it well, after a barrage of calls from your 7652760 number I finally, on one lucky occasion, got to the phone in time before you hung up... free eFibre upgrade they said, reduced price for the unlimited call package they said, free modem and installation they said, I could get a great mobile package they said... next install date is first week back after Christmas they said.

That's great I said, can you email me that offer I said. No problem they said. It arrived, missing some vital detail but they came back quickly enough when requested... All good (to myself) I said.

Then a query... the handset was showing on website as 99euronotes rather than 199 quoted on phone... no response forthcoming...

So I settled down for Christmas, happy in the thought that this would be resolved in January.

This is still going on to this date, so I gave up on the Eir humans and placed both orders online last Friday. 
    I actually went for a dearer handset: €289 rather than €199... I'm desperate to give you guys money!

I've just come off another long drawn out phone call, without a result (tied up my phone line for twenty minutes)
    (All I was looking for was an update, because your phone system advises me that there are currently no orders for my number). Give me 24 hours he said... hopefully Jack Bauer is going to get involved at this stage

Please please please just proceed with the orders... I can't justify wasting anymore time on your super-slow sales system for your super-fast (hopefully) service.

There was no problem sending out an email yesterday to advise of a price increase, no that particular Eir system works fine and dandy... perhaps get that computer for your sales system... then you wouldn't need to increase your prices??

THIS CAN'T BE RIGHT LADS.

All the best... have a super great day!

Yours sincerely,
    EirHead

HI minikin

I'm really sorry to hear of this. Please PM me the email address you used when signing up online along with your contact number, full name and address. I'll investigate further..

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Hi Alan, any update for me?
    Can't face another call to 1800 601 701...
    me poor oul heart is broken at this stage... :)

Thanks for the PM minikin

I'll chase this up and get back to you as soon as I can

Al

Hi Alan,

I'm on hold to the call centre at the moment, unfortunately they still can't find the order...
    Have you an update for me?
    It's day ten since I got an order confirmation from your website.
    "We aim to process all broadband orders within 24 business hours."

It was suggested that I re-order over the phone (no doubt at the new rates that were announced after I placed the online order - I'm starting to think that this is what is behind this whole delay). I kindly declined, mentioning that I had been trying to place the order by phone since December 2015, up until I gave up and placed the order online on 29th January. We're almost two months now since I started playing the 'Eir Order Challenge' game.

Apparently the manager won't be in until 10am, they will contact 'the online order team' or something and the manager will come back to me by email. I've had promises of emails 'within the next 24 hours' that never materialise.

The selected date for eFibre installation was this Friday 12th February, the magic green box of dreams is right outside my window... literally 15 feet from me now... taunting me... I swear to flip I'm going out there on Friday with some copper wire and a sledge hammer and a tin opener if I don't get Friday's install date confirmed today (or at the very least acknowledgement of the existence of the order!)

• Advertisement

Right... I'm going to sacrifice another quarter an hour of my life to your 'customer care' phone line, that's 15 minutes in which my customers can't call me... this is costing me money, because I'm not getting the basic courtesy of a meaningful response from any of your communication channels. 

I've been out of contract for years, if you've any interest in retaining good business customers you have to actually offer service.
    Please don't make me call Sue the pig. 

Update:
    30 minutes on the call

I just spoke to a lovely lady there, no manager available to speak (company policy), name of a manager could not be supplied (company policy), email address of a manager could not be supplied (company policy). In fairness she did give her own email address, so that I can outline what MY issue is, and she will send it on to a manager.

It is now my understanding that I have an install date of 18th February, however no order number could be supplied (company policy).

It is my company policy not to have my time and resources wasted like this when I'm trying to purchase services from a supplier.

Any chance of a response Al?

Ah come on EirBuddies, there's some cheesecake in it for ye!
    Toffee-chocolate-cheesecake.jpg

Ah come on EirBuddies, there's some cheesecake in it for ye!
    Toffee-chocolate-cheesecake.jpg
    Hi Miniken,

Cheers for the cake :)

Your order is definitely placed - the order number is 9180912CH

I still awaiting confirmation on the install date but I've been assure I will have more news within 24Hrs

Al

Another update... (this is a fun game)

Just off the phone to eirmobile, the phone which I was told (order confirmed on phone at 2:30pm on Thursday) I would receive today has not arrived.
    (I had rearranged out of office meetings for tomorrow, so that I would be here to receive the package today)
    Apparently it may now be here tomorrow or Wednesday or Thursday.

I had emailed the agent this morning for a courier tracking number and didn't get a response, which resulted in this phonecall this afternoon.
    Welcome to Eir, thanks for playing the non-communicating communications company game.
    Trying to get a response back means customers have to engage in Eirobics.

• Advertisement

Still mobilephoneless... starting to think this is a strategy to run down the clock on the 14 day cooling off period for online orders.
    (Now 12 days since I got online confirmation of the order)

I'm expecting the service to be fantastic on 4G, eFibre and all at the price offered when I placed and confirmed the order on the 29th January 2016. Otherwise you can wave goodbye to your 24 month contracts and my company as a customer.

Regarding your cheescake induced response above Al - I'm not sure what I can do with that order number information. When I phone the hotline and follow the automated prompts... it still says 'sorry you have no existing orders on your account' 

Have a great day FEirnds!.

Still mobilephoneless... starting to think this is a strategy to run down the clock on the 14 day cooling off period for online orders.
    (Now 12 days since I got online confirmation of the order)

I'm expecting the service to be fantastic on 4G, eFibre and all at the price offered when I placed and confirmed the order on the 29th January 2016. Otherwise you can wave goodbye to your 24 month contracts and my company as a customer.

Regarding your cheescake induced response above Al - I'm not sure what I can do with that order number information. When I phone the hotline and follow the automated prompts... it still says 'sorry you have no existing orders on your account' 

Have a great day FEirnds!.
    Hi minikin

I've just sent you a PM confirming a few things...

Al

Thanks for the order number Alan, it's a lovely number.

Any chance of getting the iphone delivered today? (Day 13 now...)

The mad thing in all of this is I had decided against switching to another provider, as I wanted a smooth transition.

I look forward to your Eirudite response :)

Thanks for the order number Alan, it's a lovely number.

Any chance of getting the iphone delivered today? (Day 13 now...)

The mad thing in all of this is I had decided against switching to another provider, as I wanted a smooth transition.

I look forward to your Eirudite response :)
    No problem minikin - just to be clear and in case you missed it, I had also advised you on the installation date.

I'm sorry Shanon did not get back to you yet but I'll chase this up and request that he gets back to you asap

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Alan, I got that date too, it is now my favourite date - I look forward to next Thursday as much as it is possible for a grown man to look forward to anything... the first creamy pint on a Friday night... the glimpse of a ladies nudey ankle... the first tee box... the first match of the season... the first cheque in the post each morning...

I'm actually just looking for a straight answer from someone/anyone regarding the iPhone delivery, if that's ok.
    I've sent emails to Shannon for last few days without response.

Phone has just arrived Alan, thanks.

Phone has just arrived Alan, thanks.
    Cheers for the update minikin :)

Al

Hi Al,

This may just be spam/phishing, but I've just received an email from 'eircom@infonova.com'

Dear Mr. (Eircustomerdude), 

We have noticed that the usage on your eir account is higher than usual, which may impact the services you are currently availing of with eir. To avoid an unmanageable bill and possible interruption of your eir services, you may wish to make an advance payment. Please call us on [url=tel:01 766 2506]01 766 2506[/url] or at [url=tel:1800 601 701]1800 601 701[/url] for Business Customers and we will look after this for you. 

Thank you, 

eir 

Can you let me know if this is genuine or not.
    The MyEir app isn't giving any alerts.
    IPhone cellular data usage showing at 236mb after 2 weeks (15gb/month)
    Wi-fi assist disabled from day one...
    Efibre usage at 26gb after 2 weeks (unlimited)
    Flip all calls out on mobile (unlimited)

Regards,
    Eirylidltingshedoesismagic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi minikin,

As far as I'm aware this is not a scam/phishing mail however I'll contact our support team to query this.

Would you like to PM me your details and I'll look inot this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi minikin,

As far as I'm aware this is not a scam/phishing mail however I'll contact our support team to query this.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey,

Sent you back a pm - if I pay first large bill (which includes iphone purchase) by credit card today can you ensure that it won't be deducted again by direct debit (due on the 13th March).

minikin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Hi minikin,

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey,

Sent you back a pm - if I pay first large bill (which includes iphone purchase) by credit card today can you ensure that it won't be deducted again by direct debit (due on the 13th March).

minikin
    Thanks minikin,

I will flag this with Tracey and ask her to get back to you tomorrow.

Tony

Thanks Tony, I'll keep an eye on the flagpole today!

Any word back on this?

If I go online / over the phone and pay by card is there a chance it'll take it out again on the 13th by direct debit???

(trying to pay bill early here guys...)

Right, I've just paid that bill by credit card. Can someone come back to me with confirmation that the direct debit scheduled for 13th March will be cancelled on a one off basis: fine with it going forward, just don't want to be double charged on this occasion.

(And I can't believe this has happened, given the amount of effort I had to put in to ordering the bloody thing)
    I've just noticed that you've overcharged me for the iPhone 6s 64gb: should have been €289+vat, you've billed me and I've just accidentally paid €339+vat.
    Need a refund or credit on that a.s.a.p.

PLEASE DON"T MAKE ME DRAG RESPONSES OUT OF YOU ON BOTH MATTERS.

SOMEONE TAKE OWNERSHIP & DEAL WITH IT.

I'M CONTRIBUTING TO YOUR WAGES - I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SPEND SO MUCH TIME TRYING TO GET YOU TO DO YOUR JOBS.

PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE as bono might say. 

bonio_sml.jpg

Your earliest attention would be appreciated on this, let's have a tEiriffic day sorting it out together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi minikin,

Apologises for the delay.
    I have checked your account number that you gave Tracey and this is a new account which no bills have been issued on.
    The services from this account has been migrated from your old account. Any outstanding balance owed on your other account will be migrated to this account. You will be able to view this on your first bill once it is issued. This is due to issue 12.03.2016.

There is a separate account with your mobile on it and I can see there has been a credit of €50 issued today to amend the overcharge for the handset. This bill is due the 13th. The funds from your payment on Friday have not cleared on the account as of yet so I would be unable to confirm as of yet weather your direct debit will be requested.

Pamela 

Thanks Pamela,

Can you come back to me tomorrow (cc funds should have cleared your merchant account by then) to confirm cancellation of this first direct debit request.
    Please note that the credit should be for 50+vat = €61.50.

Regards,
    Minikin

I have checked this today and the payment has now cleared minikin,
    Yes that's correct the credit applied is  €50 ex VAT / €61.50 inc VAT.

Pamela 

Thanks Pamela, can you explicitly confirm that the first direct debit will not be drawn from my account as I've paid the invoice in full by credit card.

Minikin

• Advertisement

No problem minikin

Unfortunately I am unable to confirm this as the process to collect a direct debit would start a few days before the funds are collected. Your bank might be able to clarify this for you.

Pamela 

Advertisement