Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mains powered Bluetooth speakers

• 03-02-2016 5:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭

This is a shot in the dark but a nice idea if it's possible.

I've recently built a new house and with the intention of mounting my TVs up on the walls where I left electrical sockets at the top of the wall in 3 places.

1 is being used for a TV
    1 was mistakenly put there...
    1 was not used in the end.

I now have 2 perfect spots on either side of my kitchen/living room for wall mounted speakers so I am on the look out for a sound system that has at least 2 blue tooth speakers. As I said already the speakers would need to be mains powered as there will be no practical way to turn then on/off regularly.

I want to have the unit at counter level and the speakers will turn on when I turn on the system.

I've searched around the web and I'm not finding anything but as I am not 100% sure where to look I was hoping that someone here could point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Guill wrote: »
    This is a shot in the dark but a nice idea if it's possible.

I've recently built a new house and with the intention of mounting my TVs up on the walls where I left electrical sockets at the top of the wall in 3 places.

1 is being used for a TV
    1 was mistakenly put there...
    1 was not used in the end.

I now have 2 perfect spots on either side of my kitchen/living room for wall mounted speakers so I am on the look out for a sound system that has at least 2 blue tooth speakers. As I said already the speakers would need to be mains powered as there will be no practical way to turn then on/off regularly.

I want to have the unit at counter level and the speakers will turn on when I turn on the system.

I've searched around the web and I'm not finding anything but as I am not 100% sure where to look I was hoping that someone here could point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Bluetooth is the wrong term and also the wrong protocol, what you are looking for are wifi speakers
    Specifically the sonos series : a Play Bar and a pair of Play 1's. Play one's behind you (on the wall) play bar under the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Does that then use my home wifi to broadcast a signal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Guill wrote: »
    Does that then use my home wifi to broadcast a signal?

Yes and no - the Sonos system can run from your own WiFi or they have an independent router (Boost) which attaches to the main router.
    If you are using it in 5.X its probably advisable unless you have a network point close to one of the units

Advertisement