Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewatch System - 2 Querys

• 03-02-2016 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

I installed a HKC Securewatch system in my house about 2 years ago and there are 2 things I never got around to changing which I'm looking for some advice on.
    I did all the initial configuration and testing myself and it works 99.9% correctly expect for these 2 minor things.

1. When the alarm is set and I return and enter the house, the alarm gives an audible warning stating "Entry Fault Wednesday February 3rd, 15:20" (or whatever the current date/time is) and it states this twice. It would also state any other faults that occurred at that time but the "Entry Fault" one is the one I'm interested in.
    I would assume that standard entry into the house should not be classed as a "Fault". As far as I remember, I have the front door as a Zone of it's own (Zone 1) and have this set as an entry/exit type zone.
    Is there something I'm missing or is this "Entry Fault" audible warning normal behaviour?

2. I have an RF Contact/Inertia Sensor on my shed. In moderate winds, the sensor tells the panel that the inertia sensor has activated and it sets off the alarm and external bell (typically in the middle of the night!). In high winds at the moment, I inhibit the RF sensor/zone but I'd prefer to have it sorted
    I read on another thread that there is a sensitivity setting (1 to 9) on the panel that can be changed but I looked through the engineer menu and couldn't see it. Can anyone guide me on how to set this or is there another way to decrease the sensitivity on these?

Thanks in advance for any help provided!

Neil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 neilikus

Hi,

If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Neil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭_John C

Regarding the shed problem; If the sensor is mounted on the door then I suspect the door is rattling. If so, use some padding like draught excluder strip around the door frame to make the door tighter against its frame to stop the movement. This would be the best way to address this problem as you'd be fixing the fault rather then counteracting it by adjusting sensitivity settings. But if you must adjust sensitivity settings then they are in the Zone menu and referred to as "Gross&Pulse"

Zone Menu > Zone Gross&Pulse
    Select the shed zone and adjust as needed. Lower is more sensitive, higher is less sensitive. So you would be increasing the values to make the sensor less sensitive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭kub

neilikus wrote: »
    Hi,

I installed a HKC Securewatch system in my house about 2 years ago and there are 2 things I never got around to changing which I'm looking for some advice on.
    I did all the initial configuration and testing myself and it works 99.9% correctly expect for these 2 minor things.

1. When the alarm is set and I return and enter the house, the alarm gives an audible warning stating "Entry Fault Wednesday February 3rd, 15:20" (or whatever the current date/time is) and it states this twice. It would also state any other faults that occurred at that time but the "Entry Fault" one is the one I'm interested in.
    I would assume that standard entry into the house should not be classed as a "Fault". As far as I remember, I have the front door as a Zone of it's own (Zone 1) and have this set as an entry/exit type zone.
    Is there something I'm missing or is this "Entry Fault" audible warning normal behaviour?

2. I have an RF Contact/Inertia Sensor on my shed. In moderate winds, the sensor tells the panel that the inertia sensor has activated and it sets off the alarm and external bell (typically in the middle of the night!). In high winds at the moment, I inhibit the RF sensor/zone but I'd prefer to have it sorted
    I read on another thread that there is a sensitivity setting (1 to 9) on the panel that can be changed but I looked through the engineer menu and couldn't see it. Can anyone guide me on how to set this or is there another way to decrease the sensitivity on these?

Thanks in advance for any help provided!

Neil

Hi Neil,
    So your first issue is your entry detectors which i am assuming is on your main front door. The term 'Entry Fault' says that the user code was not entered into the system before the entry time had ran out.
    Now if you have a faulty detector or whatever this is the first message that comes up, whereas if it was a normal alarm type zone it would just activate straight away.

Then moving onto your shed, does something there rattle in the wind? Or is the head of the sensor sitting correctly? As in pointing straight up.

Hey Guys,

That's great feedback. Thanks.
    The shed is a steel one with sliding doors on the front which the sensor and magnet are attached to. Yes, the door rattles in high winds but unfortunately because they're sliding doors, padding it out won't work. Good idea though!
    The arrow on the sensor head is pointing straight up.
    I'll check the sensitivity first and see what it's set to and may adjust depending on what it's set to now.

Regarding the "Entry Fault", the Zone is set to Entry/Exit type and it gives me 30 seconds to disarm it once the door is opened. i.e. It buzzes for 30 seconds and if I don't disarm within that it will set off the external sounder.
    Is there anything else I need set on the Entry/Exit type zone to say it's the main entrance?

Thanks

Neil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭kub

Might be a bit late for this now but on a shed like that i would have specified a PIR. The one problem you might have here is that in order to find the fine line between false activation's and the capability to detect, you might have to lower it too far and a legitimate intrusion may not be detected.
    Do you actually need the shock element of the sensor or will the contact function suffice? If so just reduce your gross and pulse to 0.

What actually happened with your front door, as in the first time this fault? developed ?

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    Might be a bit late for this now but on a shed like that i would have specified a PIR. The one problem you might have here is that in order to find the fine line between false activation's and the capability to detect, you might have to lower it too far and a legitimate intrusion may not be detected.
    Do you actually need the shock element of the sensor or will the contact function suffice? If so just reduce your gross and pulse to 0.

What actually happened with your front door, as in the first time this fault? developed ?

PIR is not a bad idea but at that stage whoever is breaking in, has already gotten in.
    I'd prefer to be alerted before the shed door is damaged beyond repair.
    I didn't get a chance to check the gross/pulse settings yesterday evening but will check them out this evening and see how they look.

Regarding the front door, it's always been behaving like this since the alarm was installed.
    I took it as standard behaviour for the first while but then realised a fault should not be encountered every time I open the front door!

Just a quick update on this.

Gross and Pulse for the shed zone were set to 4 and 4 so I've upped them to 6 and 6 so will see how that goes.

The exit/entry issue was down to the Entry Delay being set to 1 second (by default I assume).
    I have that set to 10 seconds now so that element of it is sorted.
    However, I have a further issue if someone could cast some light on it for me.
    If the exit/entry is tripped as if an intruder were to come in that door, the external bell doesn't sound until 40 seconds after its tripped.
    I would expect it to sound the bell after the 10 second Entry Delay (set above) has passed.
    The Bell Delay in Timers > System Timers menu is set to 0 mins so can't be set any lower.
    Is there somewhere else to set the duration before the external bell sounds?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

Just a quick update on this.

Gross and Pulse for the shed zone were set to 4 and 4 so I've upped them to 6 and 6 so will see how that goes.

The exit/entry issue was down to the Entry Delay being set to 1 second (by default I assume).
    I have that set to 10 seconds now so that element of it is sorted.
    However, I have a further issue if someone could cast some light on it for me.
    If the exit/entry is tripped as if an intruder were to come in that door, the external bell doesn't sound until 40 seconds after its tripped.
    I would expect it to sound the bell after the 10 second Entry Delay (set above) has passed.
    The Bell Delay in Timers > System Timers menu is set to 0 mins so can't be set any lower.
    Is there somewhere else to set the duration before the external bell sounds?

Thanks

If the system is EN50131 installed its to reduce the alarm ringing outside due to a false alarm.

altor wrote: »
    If the system is EN50131 installed its to reduce the alarm ringing outside due to a false alarm.

Hi Altor,
    Thanks for that. Is there a way I can check if it's EN50131?
    Is it in the engineers menu somewhere?

Thanks
    Neil

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is there a way I can check if it's EN50131?

Thanks
    Neil

Yes, its
    System Options /Miscellaneous Options /Work to EN50131? Set Yes or No.

• Advertisement

Hi Altor,
    Thanks for that. Is there a way I can check if it's EN50131?

Thanks
    Neil

No problem Neil, by default these systems are EN50131 enabled.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes, its
    System Options /Miscellaneous Options /Work to EN50131? Set Yes or No.
    No problem Neil, by default these systems are EN50131 enabled.

Great stuff! Thanks lads.

One final question. Does disabling the EN50131 option affect anything else in the system?

Great stuff! Thanks lads.

One final question. Does disabling the EN50131 option affect anything else in the system?

It just means any option to do with working to the EN50131 standard can be disabled. The likes of quick codes etc..

It just means any option to do with working to the EN50131 standard can be disabled. The likes of quick codes etc..

Cool. Thanks

Cool. Thanks

No problem

Moderators - Can this thread be closed now please?

Advertisement