Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice on a phone only contract?

Options
  • 03-02-2016 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

posting on behalf of a very elderly relative, who's eir bill seems a bit on the high side

In summary, she's currently on the following plan
     - eircom Talk Anytime (€43 a month)
     - Addon: Mobile 8c (€2 a month).

Her last two bi-monthly bills have been €232 and €397 :eek:, and what triggered this request was a letter from eir regarding a contract change re monthly and call set up/rate changes.

The bulk of her call charges are calling a couple of Voda mobiles and UK/international calls.

She wants to stick with eir - she claims to have been a customer of eir/predecessors since 1948! She does not want a mobile, or broadband, and will not change her TV service away from UPC (another day's work there). 

I've done a bit of digging and think that your eir Talk International tariff would suit her the best. Is this the same as the eir Talk Anytime International that's on the website? I can't see the T&C's regarding it on your website, but  I've a couple of quick questions regarding the tariffs - 

- does the tariff include unlimited Irish landline, mobile and international landline calls?
    - what's the call set up fee of €0.29 applied to?
    - are these tariffs available to non Direct Direct customers?
    - can the switch be carried out easily enough by her, or can I call in as a proxy?

many thanks for any help

B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

posting on behalf of a very elderly relative, who's eir bill seems a bit on the high side

In summary, she's currently on the following plan
     - eircom Talk Anytime (€43 a month)
     - Addon: Mobile 8c (€2 a month).

Her last two bi-monthly bills have been €232 and €397 :eek:, and what triggered this request was a letter from eir regarding a contract change re monthly and call set up/rate changes.

The bulk of her call charges are calling a couple of Voda mobiles and UK/international calls.

She wants to stick with eir - she claims to have been a customer of eir/predecessors since 1948! She does not want a mobile, or broadband, and will not change her TV service away from UPC (another day's work there). 

I've done a bit of digging and think that your eir Talk International tariff would suit her the best. Is this the same as the eir Talk Anytime International that's on the website? I can't see the T&C's regarding it on your website, but  I've a couple of quick questions regarding the tariffs - 

- does the tariff include unlimited Irish landline, mobile and international landline calls?
    - what's the call set up fee of €0.29 applied to?
    - are these tariffs available to non Direct Direct customers?
    - can the switch be carried out easily enough by her, or can I call in as a proxy?

many thanks for any help

B
    Hi Gareth Keenan

I'm really sorry to hear this - I completely agree, such a high bill is simply not sustainable.

Yes, the talk anytime international package is inclusive of unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles in Ireland and landline in the UK however in regards to cost of this package I would highly recommend contacting eir loyalty on free phone 1800303600. You can call on her behalf although she will need to be present just to say confirm you have permission to speak on her behalf.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

appreciate that Al, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

appreciate that Al, thank you.
    No problem at all Gareth

Al

Advertisement