Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cao Urgent

Options
  • 03-02-2016 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Im a mature student and have made a mistake and not put down my fist choice on my CAO. Is there anyone I can contact or anyway I can change this as this will be my last year at getting into collage I would be greatfull for any help thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

The Change of Mind facility.

See section B- 2 here- https://www.cao.ie/?page=aboutCOM
    B. Change of Mind - 5th February (12:00 noon) to 1st March (17:15)
    This facility is open to both online and paper applicants.

After submitting an application, each PAPER applicant will receive from CAO a formal acknowledgement containing their CAO Application Number. On-line applicants will have already received their application number.

The statement for paper applicants will take the form of a Statement of Course Choices. This statement will show the CAO Application Number as well as the course choices which have been recorded.

It is very important that you check the Course Choices immediately to ensure that they are absolutely correct.
    If you need to amend or add courses, you should use the Change Courses facility on the CAO website before 1st March. An Additional Processing Fee of €10 must be paid by Credit/Debit Card.

Alternatively, you may return this statement by post to CAO to arrive by 1st March. An Additional Processing Fee of €10 must be paid in the form of a Bank Draft or Postal Order.

You will need to return an amended statement if :
    you made an error or omission in Restricted- Application Courses or
    you are a mature applicant who made an error or omission in your courses or
    you are applying to certain HEIs and presenting certain qualifications (see page 4 of the CAO Handbook).

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CollageQuest

I can just change it? and I am still ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I can just change it? and I am still ok?

Should be, I don't know whether you applied online or via paper but if it was online on 5th February at 12pm an online facility to amend course choices becomes available for a €10 Fee.
    If you applied via post you will receive a CAO course confirmation in the mail by 15th Feb, I think there's a sheet included for a change of mind but this has to be sent back before 1st March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

I was under the impression it didn't matter the order of preference when applying as a mature student?

Ive been told a number of things that I can change and that I can only change the order in which I have the courses down could someone please shed some light on this its really important thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Omega28 wrote: »
    I was under the impression it didn't matter the order of preference when applying as a mature student?

It is important as far as I know. CAO will issue you with the offer thats highest on your list of course choices.
    Ive been told a number of things that I can change and that I can only change the order in which I have the courses down could someone please shed some light on this its really important thanks in advance

You can amend your selection for a €10 processing fee from now until the 1st of March according to the CAO website. If you applied online you wont get a statement of course choices in the post. You can make changes via your online account for the fee.

Yes but I want to put on a course not amend the rest

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

From the CAO:
    If you need to amend or add courses, you should use the Change Courses facility on the CAO website before 1st March. An Additional Processing Fee of €10 must be paid by Credit/Debit Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

Yes but I want to put on a course not amend the rest

It may depend on whether the course you want is a restricted access course. So say you want to put down Medicine. That has to be put down before the initial closing date, you cannot add it afterwards. However say you had 4 of the 5 undergraduate medicine courses and you want to add the 5th one, then you should be OK.

But seriously - the best way to put your mind at ease would be to ring the CAO directly, and see what they say. It can't hurt to put your first choice down. And it is extremely important to put them in order of preference, you will get the highest choice you are eligible for. It your first choice requires 400 points, and your second required 500pts, you get your first choice.

Also occasionally one of the CAO employees appears to post on here.

Advertisement