If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 4K OLED query

Options
  • 03-02-2016 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I've usually purchased Samsung based panels and got a great one there bout 2 years ago, the F9000, and was considering upgrading at some stage, and was doing my homework on the UE55JS9000 a nice panel with some good future proofing. 
    I was in a store at the weekend though and saw an LG OLED screen in action and must say I was very impressed, to the point of now looking at the LG OLEDs. 

Im essentially looking for a curved 4k OLED screen that will be able to handle HDR and the UHD bluray players, so
    I've got my eye on the LG 55EG920V and was wondering what price you guys have going for it (Euro based in Dublin).

Any other recomendations that might fit the above criteria?

Also would I be correct in saying that the EG920v panel is HDMI 2.0a enabled so will support the UHD bluray players due out sometime this year?
    On a side note, is there a release date for these 4k UHD Bluray players yet?

Thanks in advance

Eoin

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Keoin18 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I've usually purchased Samsung based panels and got a great one there bout 2 years ago, the F9000, and was considering upgrading at some stage, and was doing my homework on the UE55JS9000 a nice panel with some good future proofing. 
    I was in a store at the weekend though and saw an LG OLED screen in action and must say I was very impressed, to the point of now looking at the LG OLEDs. 

Im essentially looking for a curved 4k OLED screen that will be able to handle HDR and the UHD bluray players, so
    I've got my eye on the LG 55EG920V and was wondering what price you guys have going for it (Euro based in Dublin).

Any other recomendations that might fit the above criteria?

Also would I be correct in saying that the EG920v panel is HDMI 2.0a enabled so will support the UHD bluray players due out sometime this year?
    On a side note, is there a release date for these 4k UHD Bluray players yet?

Thanks in advance

Eoin
    Hi Eoin, thanks for your post and apologies for the delay in getting back to you

The LG OLED screens really are something, and pretty hard to beat to be honest

The model you mentioned is the only 4k model in that range and size. http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201625-55eg920v.aspx?swapstore=1
    We currently have it listed at £2299/€3199 and are readily available from stock. Whereabouts it it to be delivered and I'll check delivery options for you

It has 3 HDCP2.2 Hdmi sockets which is the standard required for Ultra HD Bluray

As of yet we don't have any dates for launch for 4k bluray players, but I believe Panasonic to be close to launching one

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Keoin18

Hey Brian,
    No worries, you were fairly quick to respond. Thanks for the info. Yeah I suspected this LG was the only model that fit all criteria I was looking for!

Gonna have to have a think on it as its a fairly big investment. Cheers for the details!
    Eoin

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Keoin18 wrote: »
    Hey Brian,
    No worries, you were fairly quick to respond. Thanks for the info. Yeah I suspected this LG was the only model that fit all criteria I was looking for!

Gonna have to have a think on it as its a fairly big investment. Cheers for the details!
    Eoin
    No probs Eoin, if you've any other queries, or would like to order, drop me a post/PM and I'll get you sorted

Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.