Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Building Supplies in Ireland??

Options
  • 03-02-2016 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi all, it's been a few years since i last bought any significant amount of building materials, but have a few projects i would like to complete this year, so am back to shopping around.

Best place i could find a few years back was <snip> - looking back at their site in 2016 now and they seem a fair bit dearer.. although that might just be a reflection of prices going up generally.

So over the next few weeks i'll be shopping around, mainly concerned with timber costs, white deal mainly for structural timber, as well as the good old OSB (not a hope of affording ply these days!!) but am also going to be needing roof cladding (steel), gutters, windows, etc

Be nice to find a one-stop shop for everything but suspect i'm more likely to find different suppliers for timber, roofing, etc.

So i will post up the best places i find in the hope it might help others on a tight budget.... but would also be interested to hear anyone's tips on places they know?

I'm based in Clare but dont mind hearing of places anywhere in the country... north even as long as theyre willing to deliver - likely to be buying in bulk so more likely it would be worth their while.

Let y'all know how i get on, cheers :)

Advertisement