Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Issue with Laptop Screen

• 03-02-2016 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭

Hello all, as of today I've ran into a problem with my much beloved laptop. Randomly the laptop screen has gone dark on me. I don't mean just the brightness has gone down but there's no light at all. If I hold the flashlight on my phone up to the screen I can vaguely see my desktop or whatever program I was just running (Word is what I was using earlier when it happened). The laptop is still running fine. It just seems to be the screen.

I've tried all the tests for the so called "Black Screen of Death" by holding down the start button with my power cord in and then without it in and then without my battery and so on, but when the screen goes dark it seems nothing will turn it back on. It does however come on once again if I leave it alone for a few hours but after some period of time It's gone once again! I tried to restore the laptop back to early settings but it doesn't seem to have helped.

I'm totally at a loss here. I've had the laptop for almost 4 years now (it'll be 4 this June) so maybe I'm thinking it's just coming to the end of it's time but up until last week it was working fine. I just don't know! So I decided to come here and see if maybe anyone had any ideas/suggestions on anything I might be able to do? Any help would be very much appreciated!

Make and Model: Fujitsu Lifebook A Series (Lifebook AH531)

Is it in warranty? I don't think so :P

Operating System: Windows 10

CPU, RAM, GPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz; Insalled RAM 4.00 GB, Intel(R) HD Graphics

Thanks again! :)

Comments

Advertisement