Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for not being funny..

Options
  • 03-02-2016 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Dear Canadel,

You have been banned from After Hours for one month for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

Nicolas Cage

Moderator Note

Not funny

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Canadel View Post
    Canadel wrote:
    I miss it like I imagine you can miss being raped.

Am I missing something here? Two weeks later and I still fail to comprehend how on earth this post constitutes posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members as opposed to any other post on the site. All I did was reply to the thread title; I didn't quote anyone or engage in any personal abuse either.

Seems to have been a personal decision by the mod who didn't like the post (fair enough). But to ban someone for a month for not liking their post, and for deeming it "Not funny", is excessive and not good conduct.

If that post warrants a 1 month ban, then frankly every post does.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'll look into this for you, Canadel.

Can you confirm you have PMed the mod as per the flow chart above and if/when you have can you forward the PMs to me?

Thanks,

K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Yeah I sent a pm on the same day which is still unanswered. I realise the post could be construed as insensitive, but that really isn't a valid excuse to ban someone for a month imo. Every second post in after hours, nay the entire site, could be seen as insensitive by some. You can't just pick and choose the posts you personally dislike and issue month long bans. Well, obviously you can. But it's a bad precedent.

Canadel,

My apologies, you should have received a response to the PM. Unfortunately mods get caught up in various things, real life included and things slip through.

I've actually been looking into this issue, have spoken to the mods and also to Mr E, and have found that you shouldn't have been in AH at all.

You were banned on a previous account for 2 weeks on the 11/9/15 by myself, you closed that account on the 13/9/15 and opened your Canadel account on the same day.

You then continued posting in AH as can be seen below on the 14/9/15

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97000338&postcount=35

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97009957&postcount=47

and many more posts.

So you evaded an AH ban and were perma banned by myself.

This was overturned in prison for an unknown reason. It was a confusing issue with the ban, closed account, rereg, prison thread, etc. I accept responsibility for that.

So, to cut this short, you are now being perma banned from AH for evading a ban. Considering your record I'm surprised this hadn't happened before to be honest.

I understand that this most likely won't be to your satisfaction, and that's fair enough. You may request an admin review this if you wish.

Cheers,

K

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Canadel,

My apologies, you should have received a response to the PM. Unfortunately mods get caught up in various things, real life included and things slip through.

I've actually been looking into this issue, have spoken to the mods and also to Mr E, and have found that you shouldn't have been in AH at all.

You were banned on a previous account for 2 weeks on the 11/9/15 by myself, you closed that account on the 13/9/15 and opened your Canadel account on the same day.

You then continued posting in AH as can be seen below on the 14/9/15

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97000338&postcount=35

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97009957&postcount=47

and many more posts.

So you evaded an AH ban and were perma banned by myself.

This was overturned in prison for an unknown reason. It was a confusing issue with the ban, closed account, rereg, prison thread, etc. I accept responsibility for that.

So, to cut this short, you are now being perma banned from AH for evading a ban. Considering your record I'm surprised this hadn't happened before to be honest.

I understand that this most likely won't be to your satisfaction, and that's fair enough. You may request an admin review this if you wish.

Cheers,

K
    As I explained at the time, the reason I created the second account was not to evade the ban. I explained this in detail and at length and it was accepted that it was a mistake on my part. It was a confusion which was rightfully corrected. I served the 2 week ban I think and then continued to post with my new account and have had no problems until this recent issue which is why I used this forum to appeal. I'm at a loss as to why you have seen fit to change history here and issue a permaban. Truly.

I made the mistake of creating a new account while serving a 2 week ban from AH on my original account. I made a second mistake by then posting in AH with the new account while serving that ban. However, the reason I created the new account was NOT to evade the 2 week ban from AH on my original account.

The reason I created the new account was because I had wanted to dispense with my original account for quite a while and I saw it as a perfect opportunity to do so. To start fresh. To forget all of the nonsense associated with my old account, including numerous bans and infractions, and many stupid posts. I genuinely did not do it with any intentions of espionage or trickery, and to be fair I did attempt to convey all of this at the time, and it was accepted by all concerned.

This isn't just retrospective, it's rewriting the past!

• Advertisement

Hi Canadel,

For transparency I'll go through what happened here.

You were banned on a previous account from AH for 2 weeks and then re-registered and posted again a few days later, before the ban was up. You say this was a genuine mistake and that this account is a clean slate for you. Based on your record on this account I believe you and have lifted the perma ban.

With regards to the 1 month ban, I believe you have been in contact with the mod and the ban has now been reversed. I understand that it is 3 weeks into the ban and that isn't ideal but this wasn't a standard case and the DRP only came about less than a week ago.

Thank you for your PMs and understanding.

If it's OK with you I will ask that this DRP is marked as resolved?

Thanks,

K

Thanks for the reply. That all seems fair.

As a mark of good faith I'm not going to post in After Hours for the remainder of the initial 1 month ban period.

Yeah, it's resolved I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks Canadel, marking as closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement