Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ocean City J1 2016

Options
  • 03-02-2016 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Hey,

So I recently secured a job over in Ocean City, Maryland! I begin work on the 1st of June and plan on working all the way through till the end of August. My plan is to then travel across the states (using buses and Air BnB) to LAX where I will fly home sometime mid-September.

I am just wondering if there is anybody out there who has been to Ocean City before and has any advice? Anywhere I should avoid when looking for a place to rent? Is there much difference between the Irish and American rental markets (customs/ways of doing things)?

Is there anybody out there who is heading on a J1 this year to Ocean City? Maybe somebody who is looking to share accommodation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Hi!

Myself and four other girls are heading to Ocean City this summer too! We have found potential accommodation...we need 5- 7 more people though for it to work out cheaply! Are you travelling in a group or alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jem92

Hey myself and one of my friends are heading over to Ocean City in the Summer too! Thinking of doing the same as you and leaving from LA in September.. We haven't searched for jobs yet but have been told it will be easy enough to get sorted.. We would definitely share accommodation too if anyone is up for it :) Thinking of heading over end of May/ start of June..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Hi!

Myself and four other girls are heading to Ocean City this summer too! We have found potential accommodation...we need 5- 7 more people though for it to work out cheaply! Are you travelling in a group or alone?

Hey! Sorry I'm only seeing this now. Heading alone but I'm definitely interested! Send me a PM if the offers still there and we can talk a bit more!
    jem92 wrote: »
    Hey myself and one of my friends are heading over to Ocean City in the Summer too! Thinking of doing the same as you and leaving from LA in September.. We haven't searched for jobs yet but have been told it will be easy enough to get sorted.. We would definitely share accommodation too if anyone is up for it :) Thinking of heading over end of May/ start of June..

Nice one! Definitely keep me posted anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Shinnaynay

Anyone get a job in Splash Mountain?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 foneill100

Hey I was supposed to be heading over with 10 lads and now it could be 2 others but I'm worried that the others might back out :/ I really really really want to go and I'm not backing out now so would be anyone be cool with me potentially joining anyone? I know it sounds weird me saying this on my own but after saving up so much and my girlfriend going over I feel so stuck on what to do :/ Buuuuut I'm very outgoing and make friends quick and in general a good room mate so if anyone needs an extra room mate just let me in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

foneill100 wrote: »
    Hey I was supposed to be heading over with 10 lads and now it could be 2 others but I'm worried that the others might back out :/ I really really really want to go and I'm not backing out now so would be anyone be cool with me potentially joining anyone? I know it sounds weird me saying this on my own but after saving up so much and my girlfriend going over I feel so stuck on what to do :/ Buuuuut I'm very outgoing and make friends quick and in general a good room mate so if anyone needs an extra room mate just let me in :D

yeah we are looking for people! we got offered accomodation for the job we got but its working out at being twice the price of anywhere else! I'll email the accom I found to see if they still have availability. So how many of ye would there be?

Unsure yet, there's always a possibility I could be on my own :/ My girlfriend and people I know are going over to, just kind of stuck on what to do..promise if you do decide to room with me I'm normal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jem92

does anyone have an interview with the USIT hiring fair this week? We applied for the Residence Inn

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mb_kk1

Hey!
    A group of 4 of us are heading to ocean city maryland on our J1 at the end of may and are looking to share with others for accommodation? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 clearbrook

Please do yourselves a favor and have a look at "Irish Outreach Ocean City, Maryland" on Facebook. There is a welcome center in downtown OC where they will have sheets, pillows & kitchen stuff for you to use, and some bikes. Also, Pat & Rick, along with lots of other volunteers, will help you in any way they can.

Please take heed of their advice on accommodations, etc. They've been helping out Irish J1's for years and they know lots of ways to help you out. Their help is free of charge, supported by donations of many folks who are happy to welcome you for your summer at the beach.

• Advertisement

Hey I'm looking for roomates here for OC and was thinking of organizing a group chat on facebook or whats app etc if people are insterested? Could save us alot of time for before hand? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ciaraorr7

Hi , i,am going in may the 23rd untill october, with my mate carl, so its the two of us if anyone is looking to share, were pretty sound people and if any one likes whiskey we know are **** :P there are also 8 other people potentially looking for a place too , add me on facebook ciara orr , mines the first name to pop up (cause im good like that ) :P x any way were reliable and good fun get in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Shinnaynay

Looking for two roommates!! There are six of us girls, so preferable lads for a bitta balance. But won't deny girls either $1750 per person for the season, wifi/ac/tv and fully furnished

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shivmur613

Hey!

Myself and 3 other girls are heading to ocean city for the summer and are looking for accommodation but a lot of places need more people so if there's anyone or groups looking for roommates let me know!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mattbavfc

shivmur613 wrote: »
    Hey!

Myself and 3 other girls are heading to ocean city for the summer and are looking for accommodation but a lot of places need more people so if there's anyone or groups looking for roommates let me know!:)

Hi did you manage to find accomodation I'm trying to find either 3-4 room mates for accomodation already booked wher3 3 others have pulled out or alternative accomodation for 2 others one lad one girl

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bexmcc22

shivmur613 wrote: »
    Hey!

Me and 2 other girls are heading over at the start of June and we're looking for people to move in with too, we're thinking of staying in a hostel for one or 2 nights and looking for somewhere to stay then with a few groups :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mattbavfc

bexmcc22 wrote: »
    Me and 2 other girls are heading over at the start of June and we're looking for people to move in with too, we're thinking of staying in a hostel for one or 2 nights and looking for somewhere to stay then with a few groups :)
    We have accommodation booked with two rooms for 5 people but the other 3 dropped out so have a room the 3 of you could take if your interested, were one lad one girl not together just on same course pm me if your interested thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pa limerick

Would anyone be able to give some info about houses there as I'm planning on going there next summer, anything would help

Advertisement