Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Entry Nursing

Options
  • 03-02-2016 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Is there any of these courses available like there is for medicine? I have a degree in the humanities and would like a career change.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Not in Ireland, you'll have to do the full 4/4.5 year undergraduate course. I think it may be possible to nursing as a graduate in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pigotty

Hello :)
    UK universities offer postgraduate nursing studies which take 2 years to complete and are (currently) funded by the NHS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

WildRosie wrote: »
    Not in Ireland, you'll have to do the full 4/4.5 year undergraduate course. I think it may be possible to nursing as a graduate in the UK.

Hibernia college are taking expressions of interest for a new blended learning Nursing Degree. It will most likely appeal to mature students and will be interview based as opposed to assessment based. However, undergraduates are also eligible.... It is an undergraduate degree. It will be a blended learning degree so a lot will be online. However, there will also be clinical placements in set hospitals which have yet to be decided. The degree will take about 3.5 years in total and will commence in the spring as opposed to September.

Advertisement