Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Aniwoo971 wrote: »
    ������ this is disgraceful. The new contractors have been on site weeks at this stage with absolutely no meaningful work being done. The lack of communication and then terribly wrong information is making this whole process very unfair. Do they know/care that these huge delays have a knock on effect on mortgage approval or selling current homes?

I'd say the process hasn't been condusive to them getting clarity or speed. If I had to guess, I'd say new contractors had to figure out a lot of complex "where are we?" questions and then I'd say they also need to find the sub contractors and workers to actually do the work, as I'd say everyone working on the site was snapped up by others immediately given the amount of work going at the moment in the industry. Extremely frustrating for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ajmat

Today I have noticed that construction work resumed to right wing of Hollywoodrath drive, currently they are fixing timber frames of fourth block in the same side. thanks god. Hope it is a good news to all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kevincheung

yes I just went there ,and took few pictures, they are build so fast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

So it looks like the previous builder MDY Construction are back to work for the State, working again on the social houses in Bray (and no longer in examinership).

http://wicklownews.net/2018/11/brady-welcomes-recommencement-of-work-on-42-social-houses-in-bray/

Wonder if this had any knock on effects with Hollywoodrath while they went through the proceedings?

advertsfox wrote: »
    So it looks like the previous builder MDY Construction are back to work for the State, working again on the social houses in Bray (and no longer in examinership).

http://wicklownews.net/2018/11/brady-welcomes-recommencement-of-work-on-42-social-houses-in-bray/

Wonder if this had any knock on effects with Hollywoodrath while they went through the proceedings?

Well, they stopped construction and the developer had to find another builder, GEM, who have now started after a pretty lengthy process trying to evaluate where the site was at etc.

• Advertisement

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Well, they stopped construction and the developer had to find another builder, GEM, who have now started after a pretty lengthy process trying to evaluate where the site was at etc.
    Oh yes I'm well aware of the situation with GEM (we are up looking at our build every day as we pass by to bring our girl to school) ;) but I'm curious if any of the legal issues they had could have help up the development up until this point still - I can only imagine the potential complexities of changing a site developer in this day and age.

So I registered on the mailing list out of curiosity (and to keep track of progress) to see when the next batch of houses are coming, they are going to be available from February 2019. Wonder how much the delays have increased the prices by?
    2G0dFha.png

Current layout plans remains the same too.

Ae0RYQ4.png

More activity today... the 6 houses that have went from foundations to frame / windows / doors (left of picture) in the last 4 weeks seem to be getting all the focus. The far left houses (2 x 4 bed detached) have already got their tiles put on before any of the others including ours on the right hand side. Why aren't the rest of the houses on the right (and further right out of the picture) not getting work done? :confused:

40TqSrQ.png

Could be that the contractors for whatever internal fit out is needed at that stage aren't available for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

What's the story with the closure of the road? What exactly are Fingal CoCo planning on doing?

Be a complete disaster to lose the 40e bus.

For the prices they are looking for, you'd be best off going to Ratoath and getting a much, much bigger house if they are going to cut the 40e and the frequency that comes with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

They'd nothing about the 40e being cut. If the road is closed it's still just a short walk to the other bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Its them a very roundabout way to hollystown or to tyrellstown if coming from hollystown. No need to close the road imo

myshirt wrote: »
    For the prices they are looking for, you'd be best off going to Ratoath and getting a much, much bigger house if they are going to cut the 40e and the frequency that comes with it.
    What new houses are you referring to being much bigger?

I'm from Ratoath (lived there for 18 years) and there was a brief thought about moving there again (the most obvious similar new builds being Broadmeadow Vale where their 4 bed semis are 100 sq ft smaller that the A1/A7 in HWR) but it's still guilty of far too many houses in the same village. You'll also have a long bottleneck of traffic coming into the village each day from the N2 or the backroads from Hollystown so for ~30K difference, for me it's not worth it

PS: In 1996 there was c. 1000 people in the village, 2007 was ~7000, 2011 over 9000. 2016 had just under 10K but it will exceed that soon with these new developments.

What's the story with the closure of the road? What exactly are Fingal CoCo planning on doing?

They're gonna basically close it in the middle so it's a cul de sac each end, only interesting to people who live on it. It was in the county development plans going back a long time, so I don't know why people are cribbing about it now like it's a surprise - Before buying a house it takes a short bit of research to look up county development plans, check into local flood planes, etc. And yet every time something is announced as moving ahead for the area (for example the purchase of some land nearby that is zoned for more houses to be built), someone is fretting.

There's no thought of cutting the bus route. Some local Councillors are going around pedaling the fear of same so they can then claim a victory when the route is "preserved" regardless of what happens to the road. Local politics 101.

The road itself is a death trap. It was designed for much earlier times, and now you have idiots flying around the sharp bends that now have people trying to get out of their driveways to get their kids to school on them. That's why it was earmarked for closure as part of the overall development plan, what with the fancy new dual carriageway built beside it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

They're gonna basically close it in the middle so it's a cul de sac each end, only interesting to people who live on it. It was in the county development plans going back a long time, so I don't know why people are cribbing about it now like it's a surprise - Before buying a house it takes a short bit of research to look up county development plans, check into local flood planes, etc. And yet every time something is announced as moving ahead for the area (for example the purchase of some land nearby that is zoned for more houses to be built), someone is fretting.

There's no thought of cutting the bus route. Some local Councillors are going around pedaling the fear of same so they can then claim a victory when the route is "preserved" regardless of what happens to the road. Local politics 101.

The road itself is a death trap. It was designed for much earlier times, and now you have idiots flying around the sharp bends that now have people trying to get out of their driveways to get their kids to school on them. That's why it was earmarked for closure as part of the overall development plan, what with the fancy new dual carriageway built beside it.

The biggest problem with the road is dumping.....it was a prime position to drive up every morning to the entire contents of someones house who had paid some rubbish company. Not as much now with houses open on it but still a disaster.

It was also a road for the local di*khead with his 1 ltr heap of scrap to think it was a rally course. Shut it down. Make it safe for the kids in estate.

The road really serves very little purpose and I can see from the residents point of view they want it closed.

It's the same local councillor that wanted to slap in an entire estate into a green area down in Mulhuddard with no idea how to supply water/schools/traffic etc. Shower of idiots

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The biggest problem with the road is dumping.....it was a prime position to drive up every morning to the entire contents of someones house who had paid some rubbish company. Not as much now with houses open on it but still a disaster.

It was also a road for the local di*khead with his 1 ltr heap of scrap to think it was a rally course. Shut it down. Make it safe for the kids in estate.

The road really serves very little purpose and I can see from the residents point of view they want it closed.

It's the same local councillor that wanted to slap in an entire estate into a green area down in Mulhuddard with no idea how to supply water/schools/traffic etc. Shower of idiots

Actually there's a divide among residents, most of those on the road want it closed, many of those in the estate fear that the estate will be used as the new road/shortcut rather than people driving out to the dual carriageway. I can't see that, personally, as more than assuming the worst with very little basis in fact; but if it was the case that this road closed and people started driving thru the estate why not just put traffic calming in and make it a pain to do so. You'd think the council was foisting something calamitous on the residents rather than something decided in 2011.

so I don't know why people are cribbing about it now like it's a surprise -

They are cribbing about it now as the public consultation period just ended on it. No point in cribbing about it before hand before the consultation period was open.

To say the road is a death trap is an exaggeration, I've been travelling it almost daily for about 18 years without seeing an accident on it caused by the road.

I'd like to think that if they did close it, it would be for the better, i.e. recreational and cycle improvements. But the reality, as evident by how the residents along the road use the existing cycle path, is that locals will just use it as a carpark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Actually there's a divide among residents, most of those on the road want it closed, many of those in the estate fear that the estate will be used as the new road/shortcut rather than people driving out to the dual carriageway. I can't see that, personally, as more than assuming the worst with very little basis in fact; but if it was the case that this road closed and people started driving thru the estate why not just put traffic calming in and make it a pain to do so. You'd think the council was foisting something calamitous on the residents rather than something decided in 2011.

Couple of speed ramps will stop that but I would doubt that would happen.....

Hurrache wrote: »
    They are cribbing about it now as the public consultation period just ended on it. No point in cribbing about it before hand before the consultation period was open.

To say the road is a death trap is an exaggeration, I've been travelling it almost daily for about 18 years without seeing an accident on it caused by the road.

I'd like to think that if they did close it, it would be for the better, i.e. recreational and cycle improvements. But the reality, as evident by how the residents along the road use the existing cycle path, is that locals will just use it as a carpark.

What I mean by cribbing is, as if it's a surprise. There were plenty of folks wailing that they wouldn't have bought in the estate if they knew that road was going to close (and then jump to the conclusion that the estate will become the alternative route.) Well, a tiny bit of digging...

The difference between now and 18 years ago is you have a rake of driveways that front it on both of the sharp corners that exist in between the swing roundabout and Tyrrelstown Educate Together roundabout. If you drive it you know that plenty of people don't give that due consideration when moderating their speed. It's past its sell by date, and there's newer roads nearby to use. That's why the 2011 development plan envisioned it closing.

I wasn't aware there were people saying they wouldn't have bought had they known, is that within resident facebook groups etc? And you're correct, it was easily found within the Local Development Plan.

A large amount of objections went in I believe during the consultation period, it would inconvenience pretty much all of Hollystown, particularly since the 40E was introduced. Now with no way for the bus to turn around there, residents will have a long walk to the bus stop at the Educate Together, so much so that the 40E may as well not exist anymore.

• Advertisement

So more frames for new houses are being put up and prioritised while they are completely ignoring the houses (from 12 up to 25 on the Drive) - which happen to be the houses that were put up by MDY... the information from KnightFranck has been nothing but hopeless. The usual standard text of "the houses are being completed in accordance with the construction programme on site" crap, no they are not as they haven't been touched since last August while the new houses from 11-1 The Drive are being built by frame, windows, doors and roof tiles really fast. :mad: Everything below the arrows above has not been touched in 5 months.

gl45WNm.png

Hi I have noticed your concern about number 12 to 25 houses, since the new scaffolding are fixed after GEM started work I presume that they will finish work on those houses as well. In fact last week I raised same query to my agent McPeak according to them snagging will start by May, no specific date provided all depends on work progress.

ajmat wrote: »
    Hi I have noticed your concern about number 12 to 25 houses, since the new scaffolding are fixed after GEM started work I presume that they will finish work on those houses as well. In fact last week I raised same query to my agent McPeak according to them snagging will start by May, no specific date provided all depends on work progress.
    May / June is the the projected completed date for everyone on the Drive whether your house was built or just foundations (May for snags, June for handovers I imagine) but it's still a massive concern as to why none of the houses already built or mid build (12 to 25) started by MDY havent't been touched at all - all while GEM can happily build / complete houses from 11-1 The Drive and in the Avenue, its infuriating the lack of information we are getting.

I've already been in contact with my solicitor who sent a legal request for dates / plans and details last Friday. I'll report back with what they tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gregjohn

Does anyone know the contact details for the School Bus who drop kids to school?
    What Schools they serving? Thank you!

There is no general school bus, there's ones organised through individual schools so it's the schools you need to contact. What school are you talking about?

advertsfox wrote: »
    ajmat wrote: »
    May / June is the the projected completed date for everyone on the Drive whether your house was built or just foundations (May for snags, June for handovers I imagine) but it's still a massive concern as to why none of the houses already built or mid build (12 to 25) started by MDY havent't been touched at all - all while GEM can happily build / complete houses from 11-1 The Drive and in the Avenue, its infuriating the lack of information we are getting.

I've already been in contact with my solicitor who sent a legal request for dates / plans and details last Friday. I'll report back with what they tell me.
    Thanks very much, will keep in touch. I already done it, my solicitor is contacted their counterparts, but no good same copy paste reply “My client has advised that the Premises should be ready to snag in May 2019 but this is subject to service connections on site and the Vendor cannot be held responsible for delays which are outside of its control”
    Thanks,

To all future buyers in Hollywoodrath, we've put together a WhatsApp group to discuss everything for the upcoming builds, issues etc. so please feel free to join and share anything you hear from McPeake, KnightFranck or Regency and if you have questions that others may be able to answer. We also love pictures of the houses progressing :)

https://chat.whatsapp.com/LcGVSE8gTfV5jpplsWcxDO

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dani2012

Hi ,

regarding the new release : Type A 6, Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15, North Dublin City, can someone comment Hollywoodrath is a safe place with no thieves and gangs, with close primary school and access to transport for Dublin City Center?

Thank you

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It is a 5 walk from the estate to the Lidl/Supervalu. Why would you need to drive? 10 min at the most at top of estate, want to be seriously lazy not to walk that

I know Tyrellstown not the greatest spot to get involved with but it has a lot of amentities in the little shopping area. Chemists/take wayas etc all within easy access.

The irish schools are in the area which is a huge bonus. Both the primary and secondary are new school with huge investment. That alone is worth a serious few quid...

You don't need Property price register to tell you people are overpaying. It is the same with every house in the Dublin area. At least Hollywoodrath has a decent school in area and they seem to be doing up the estate very nicely with play grounds etc....

I don't live in it either, I just pass by it, I have seen some real sh*t holes been developed around Dublin, at least with Hollywoodrath they seem to have made it decent

Dani2012 wrote: »
    Hi ,

regarding the new release : Type A 6, Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15, North Dublin City, can someone comment Hollywoodrath is a safe place with no thieves and gangs, with close primary school and access to transport for Dublin City Center?

Thank you

Thieves and gangs can hop in a car and go anywhere, a pal of mine had his son robbed walking around a leafy area where nothing goes for less than €1 million. That being said, Hollywoodrath as an estate is young families and professionals and quite nice.

In terms of schools, there’s an abundance in the area, primary and secondary, established and new and more to come according to the planning. Public transport, there’s a few bus routes nearby going both into town and down to Blanch and a new one as far as the Broombridge Luas stop. They could do with stops closer to the estate entrance but I believe they’re getting put in soon, but the rest are a short walk away.

• Advertisement

Fingal County manager has said the closure now won't be going ahead for now.

Advertisement