Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Hurrache wrote: »
    Fingal County manager has said the closure now won't be going ahead for now.

Probably waiting until the noise subsides, and then WHAM! they'll be in to close it.

Anyone go to the open viewing here today? How many units were on sale and how much were they looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 C6

myshirt wrote: »
    Anyone go to the open viewing here today? How many units were on sale and how much were they looking for?

21 units on sale , 80-90% sold at pre launch on the friday prices were as follows

3 bed semi's 355k - 365k
    3 bed detached 390k
    4 bed semi's 395k-400k
    5 bed detached 550k

Very strong demand for them

C6 wrote: »
    21 units on sale , 80-90% sold at pre launch on the friday prices were as follows

3 bed semi's 355k - 365k
    3 bed detached 390k
    4 bed semi's 395k-400k
    5 bed detached 550k

Very strong demand for them

They are lovely houses, albeit a bit isolated and not as well serviced as you like. That's great numbers there though, fantastic to see them selling like that. How are people managing to commute into the city? Put it into Google maps you are talking 75 mins + in the morning and afternoon.

That's a significant commute time.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 C6

They are lovely houses, albeit a bit isolated and not as well serviced as you like. That's great numbers there though, fantastic to see them selling like that. How are people managing to commute into the city? Put it into Google maps you are talking 75 mins + in the morning and afternoon
    That's a significant commute time.

Honestly i couldn't tell you we dont really use public transport its probably been at least 24/36 months since iv been in the city centre maybe longer anything you could need is located 7-10 minutes away in blanch shopping centre and myself and the wife both work 10-15km away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Probably waiting until the noise subsides, and then WHAM! they'll be in to close it.

Considering it has been in the local area development plan since 2011, I’m not sure “wham” would describe it. The NTA getting on about a new bus route being a reason to scupper it shows how disjointed the planning for these things are - “we’ve put in a new route to help service this new estate on a road that was planned to be closed since 2011 on account of the new estate being put in, so we’d better not close the road for now.”

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Considering it has been in the local area development plan since 2011, I’m not sure “wham” would describe it. The NTA getting on about a new bus route being a reason to scupper it shows how disjointed the planning for these things are - “we’ve put in a new route to help service this new estate on a road that was planned to be closed since 2011 on account of the new estate being put in, so we’d better not close the road for now.”

Yeah you are right, it's frustrating nevertheless, but you're right.

I went up to have a look at these. They are lovely looking houses and they have made good use of the space. What put me off is that they seem like they are almost made out of cardboard. You could literally put your foot through the wall if you wanted to (not that you would want to).

Ensue an argument between my brother and I about cavity walls and block built -v- timer frame. It was cold in both houses but mainly because they are unoccupied. Perhaps they could have turned on the heating an hour or two a day to take the sting out of it. There was a young couple there giving out about it, but others assured them it would be grand, given these are A3 rated.

Now no doubt they meet all the regulations, but can someone speak as to the quality of build and sound proofing? The show houses are 9 and 10 and you could faintly hear the people next door discussing the room they were looking at. A bit unsettling, perhaps it can be resolved before handover of those two units. Aeroplanes in mind too!

From speaking to the auctioneer they only released a handful of properties and they are all gone. I hope this is basically them drip feeding properties to the market so they can make their money, rather than an indicator they are having supply chain problems, as I'd be worried about the impact to lead in times after Brexit and how they get the timber frames on site and up.

I also had a look at the planning and there are slight differences in the kitchen layouts in the planning for the A6's and A7's versus what they are advertising. It's not just the external facade. The changes to the layout would kill it for me.

They also got approval for increased density on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I went up to have a look at these. They are lovely looking houses and they have made good use of the space. What put me off is that they seem like they are almost made out of cardboard. You could literally put your foot through the wall if you wanted to (not that you would want to).

Few things to note. All house built now in estates are timber frame. They meet all the requirements in terms of heat/energy etc. Sound proofing as well.

Personally I have bought two older block built houses. Both required substantial work done to them to get close to the regulations.

So you could buy one of those house for 400k and thats it done

You could buy one of the block house for 400k but expect to invest maybe up to 100k to get them up to the standard required.....

Personally I prefer the older block house but then I like a project, once I had my first house up to regs and everything done so no more work, I sold it and started a bigger project :p

I think the "you can put your foot through the walls" is a bit of old school thinking about block built houses. As Shefwedfan points out, everything going up today is timber frame because it meets the regulations; and it's not like our old block houses didn't have thin walls in places (including in semis to the folks next door - I don't think I've ever lived in a semi that you couldn't hear your neighbors in one way, shape or form).

In terms of heating, these houses are like night and day versus C and worse rated houses we're used to. I use a Nest thermostat, and during the cold snap I kept my house at 21 degrees constantly and it tells me I had the heating on for only 3 1/2 hours per day. I've lived in places where you'd keep her lit all day and all night and if you dared turn off the heating for an hour you'd be stone cold and have to be blasting it again full tilt soon after. You can stand beside windows and doors and feel no discernible airflow whatsoever. I have to say the insulation is one of my favourite things about having bought a new A rated home, versus the draughty, condensation riddled 1960s-1990s homes and (god forbid the worst boom time built) apartments I've lived in. The second favourite thing is the security of them, basically you have to come in brute force smashing out a whole window to get in - none of this taking rubber seals off and gently moving it; or getting the door open with a screwdriver.

As for the airplanes, most noticeable in your garden. You forget about them in the house and the noise isn't so bad. But it is a choice you're making, to buy this house for this price vs down the road in Carpenterstown etc at a different price. I haven't regretted the decision.

Anyways, enough gushing... What I'll say in summary is that I haven't regretted buying one for a second in terms of build quality, quite the opposite.

• Advertisement

Nijmegen wrote: »
    In terms of heating, these houses are like night and day versus C and worse rated houses we're used to. I use a Nest thermostat, and during the cold snap I kept my house at 21 degrees constantly and it tells me I had the heating on for only 3 1/2 hours per day. I've lived in places where you'd keep her lit all day and all night and if you dared turn off the heating for an hour you'd be stone cold and have to be blasting it again full tilt soon after.

Sometimes I would love a nice newly built house just for the description above. The problem is that they are too "new" for me....

I get bored too easy and always want to do jobs, projects. My house is block build but I spent a fortune on it and need to spend another fortune and it will never get to an A rating:P

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Sometimes I would love a nice newly built house just for the description above. The problem is that they are too "new" for me....

I get bored too easy and always want to do jobs, projects. My house is block build but I spent a fortune on it and need to spend another fortune and it will never get to an A rating:P

You have a problem sir! :)

You have a problem sir! :)

I did have a house and done all the jobs to it, completely finished.....I sold it then :P:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Christina H

Hi,

I am looking to buy In The next phase.

From anyone who has bought the end of last year or In Febuary this year what are the timelines to get the keys??

I believe there was a delay with contractors, if you bought last year have you got the keys yet?

If you bought in Febuary there is an expectation that you will have the keys in July is this a true reflection??

I appreciate your feedback

Christina

Hi,

I am looking to buy In The next phase.

From anyone who has bought the end of last year or In Febuary this year what are the timelines to get the keys??

I believe there was a delay with contractors, if you bought last year have you got the keys yet?

If you bought in Febuary there is an expectation that you will have the keys in July is this a true reflection??

I appreciate your feedback

Christina

Yes. Those that bought in February should expect to be in by the summer. What house you targeting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Christina H

Yes. Those that bought in February should expect to be in by the summer. What house you targeting?

Ideally a 4 bed semi open plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rosexanne

We paid our booking deposit May 2018 and signed our contracts in June. We have been given the timeframe of April/ May for completion but I will believe it when I see it.

Rosexanne wrote: »
    We paid our booking deposit May 2018 and signed our contracts in June. We have been given the timeframe of April/ May for completion but I will believe it when I see it.

Good god. That's a disgrace.

Did your mortgage offer not run out during that period? That's a lot of risk. I'm surprised you didn't pull out, even though I know the prices have increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rosexanne

Good god. That's a disgrace.

Did your mortgage offer not run out during that period? That's a lot of risk. I'm surprised you didn't pull out, even though I know the prices have increased.
    Yes we just went through the mortgage approval process again as it had expired and we were lucky there was no issues the second time. The whole way through we were promised a date that kept getting moved out so we are where we are now I guess and hoping to see light soon but it has been very hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gregjohn

Ensue an argument between my brother and I about cavity walls and block built -v- timer frame. It was cold in both houses but mainly because they are unoccupied. Perhaps they could have turned on the heating an hour or two a day to take the sting out of it. There was a young couple there giving out about it, but others assured them it would be grand, given these are A3 rated.

Now no doubt they meet all the regulations, but can someone speak as to the quality of build and sound proofing? The show houses are 9 and 10 and you could faintly hear the people next door discussing the room they were looking at. A bit unsettling, perhaps it can be resolved before handover of those two units. Aeroplanes in mind too!

From speaking to the auctioneer they only released a handful of properties and they are all gone. I hope this is basically them drip feeding properties to the market so they can make their money, rather than an indicator they are having supply chain problems, as I'd be worried about the impact to lead in times after Brexit and how they get the timber frames on site and up.

I also had a look at the planning and there are slight differences in the kitchen layouts in the planning for the A6's and A7's versus what they are advertising. It's not just the external facade. The changes to the layout would kill it for me.

They also got approval for increased density on the site.
    Hi, just to confirm what exactly will be the differences in the kitchen layouts? We have A7 Type. Agent told us everything will look exactly the same as per show house.
    Thank you! John

""I also had a look at the planning and there are slight differences in the kitchen layouts in the planning for the A6's and A7's versus what they are advertising. It's not just the external facade. The changes to the layout would kill it for me.""

• Advertisement

Gregjohn wrote: »
    Hi, just to confirm what exactly will be the differences in the kitchen layouts? We have A7 Type. Agent told us everything will look exactly the same as per show house.
    Thank you! John

""I also had a look at the planning and there are slight differences in the kitchen layouts in the planning for the A6's and A7's versus what they are advertising. It's not just the external facade. The changes to the layout would kill it for me.""

It should be per the floor plan. You'll get an actual floorplan as part of the legal docs also before you sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tengskieg

Hi, does anyone know if there's still some 3br units available for sale? We want to buy one here in this property but I missed the release last February, I know there will be another launch in late spring but I'm afraid we can't wait for the next launch as we need to be able to secure a house asap. Thanks so much in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

tengskieg wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know if there's still some 3br units available for sale? We want to buy one here in this property but I missed the release last February, I know there will be another launch in late spring but I'm afraid we can't wait for the next launch as we need to be able to secure a house asap. Thanks so much in advance.

Sorry, my son got the last one redface.png. Nearly lost out on it by minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nedyaj

Hi! Does anybody from this thread had purchased a house in Hollywoodrath from the last release February 2019? I was told by Knight Frank it would be ready by September..just want to know if everybody was told the same thing. We visited the site of construction.. the houses are built already .. i was just surprised there are also houses built across ours.. I thought they did not release them from the last phase.. or was I wrong and didn’t hear about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MAT13

Hi,
    We purchased in the last phase ,
    We were told that the compaction date depends on which house it is they said between late June to September the latest!
    I was on the phone to them too yesterday ;) the lady said that they are concentrating on the completion for Hollywoodrath drive first then they will move to the court . Hopefully they will have a more definite answer for us soon!

Any one that is from the drive know anything more about the dates ?

MAT13 wrote: »
    Hi,
    We were told that the compaction date depends on which house it is they said between late June to September the latest!
    I was on the phone to them too yesterday ;) the lady said that they are concentrating on the completion for Hollywoodrath drive first then they will move to the court . Hopefully they will have a more definite answer for us soon!

Thanks, ours is along Hollywoodrath Avenue .. hopefully it will be sooner than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alanfitz151188

Hi,

Hi guys I have bought on the drive and should receive guys start of June hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MAT13

Thank you,

Sorry I forgot to mention the new houses being build on the Avenue are for the new phase coming out this month as far as we were told.

Thank you,

Sorry I forgot to mention the new houses being build on the Avenue are for the new phase coming out this month as far as we were told.
    Ok. We are at the avenue but ours was released from the last phase, maybe the one across, those houses will be south facing gardens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

advertsfox wrote: »
    So I registered on the mailing list out of curiosity (and to keep track of progress) to see when the next batch of houses are coming, they are going to be available from February 2019. Wonder how much the delays have increased the prices by?

Current layout plans remains the same too.

Ae0RYQ4.png

Hello,
    I wonder why 14, 15, 16 are greyed out in this site plan? Was it not for open market?

Advertisement