Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

It's an old picture and just hasn't been updated online yet (since changover of builders). Full link is below:

http://hollywoodrath.ie/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Site-Plan-Aug18-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MAT13

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been discussed before
    But I wanted to ask about the educate together which is across the road from Hollywoodrath
    Anyone with children there are you happy with the school in general?
    We have just been offered a place for September and we have to make a decision quick If we should move our daughter from her current school which would be quite a drive in the mornings as it’s in Castleknock
    Thanks to everyone in advance !

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nedyaj

MAT13 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

But I wanted to ask about the educate together which is across the road from Hollywoodrath
    We have just been offered a place for September and we have to make a decision quick If we should move our daughter from her current school which would be quite a drive in the mornings as it’s in Castleknock
    I have the same question as well. I tried Kilbride National Schooll and was told that Hollywoodrath is not their catchment area and that they are full.. i was a bit hesitant with ET at Tyrellstown because of all the negative stories heard. But my friend has her kids there and told me that her kids are getting on well in ET and they have no issues..They are there since 2017. Having said that.. I might enroll my kids there eventually either ET or St Lukes primary

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The only negative stories about TET is about the building itself, and that was a nationwide issue. The school itself has no issues.

Hi guys,

Nedyaj wrote: »
    I have the same question as well. I tried Kilbride National Schooll and was told that Hollywoodrath is not their catchment area and that they are full.. i was a bit hesitant with ET at Tyrellstown because of all the negative stories heard. But my friend has her kids there and told me that her kids are getting on well in ET and they have no issues..They are there since 2017. Having said that.. I might enroll my kids there eventually either ET or St Lukes primary
    Hurrache wrote: »
    The only negative stories about TET is about the building itself, and that was a nationwide issue. The school itself has no issues.

I have my daughter in junior infants in TETNS and its a fantastic school! She loves it and it's very well setup / run. Only €150 fee to join (with the optional tracksuit which they are phasing out). We get prompt weekly updates on any upcoming events, letters home in her bag about any trips etc. and they are quite firm on making sure they are all having a healthy lunch. They have no problem pulling you aside about any issues or concerns - positive or negative concerning your child.

The negative stories recently were nothing to do with people running the school, it was all structural related. This was all handled as well as possible and TETNS wasn't as bad as the school behind or others around the country. They fought hard with the BOE about children's safety and the ongoing works close with the parents; the press just ate it up for their next "big story". There is a small amount of scaffolding left until the summer time when they plan to complete the remaining works then and next Aug/Sept it will be all business as usual. I highly recommend it!

• Advertisement

advertsfox wrote: »
    I have my daughter in junior infants in TETNS and its a fantastic school! She loves it and it's very well setup / run. Only €150 fee to join (with the optional tracksuit which they are phasing out). We get prompt weekly updates on any upcoming events, letters home in her bag about any trips etc. and they are quite firm on making sure they are all having a healthy lunch. They have no problem pulling you aside about any issues or concerns - positive or negative concerning your child.

The negative stories recently were nothing to do with people running the school, it was all structural related. This was all handled as well as possible and TETNS wasn't as bad as the school behind or others around the country. They fought hard with the BOE about children's safety and the ongoing works close with the parents; the press just ate it up for their next "big story". There is a small amount of scaffolding left until the summer time when they plan to complete the remaining works then and next Aug/Sept it will be all business as usual. I highly recommend it!

Thanks for that info. Highly appreciate it. What about the st Luke’s school beside TETNS? Would it be equally good as TET? My kids are currently in a catholic school and would prefer to enroll them there...

Thanks for that info. Highly appreciate it. What about the st Luke’s school beside TETNS? Would it be equally good as TET? My kids are currently in a catholic school and would prefer to enroll them there...
    No worries at all. It's a personal preference, I opted for it not to be a set religious school but I've heard good things about St. Pauls as well so it's entirely up to you.

Thanks very much for the info!we accepted the place ,I am sure she will get on well and make alot of new friends !

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Hi - we're scheduled for a July / August handover and are currently looking for someone to undertake the snag. Two questions

- Has anyone any recommendations?

- If there are others on here with a similar schedule, would you be interested in sharing the cost of getting the snag completed? I know that there are some out there who offer discounts if a number of purchasers use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

Try Steve - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=76271

Hi did snag my house in Hollywoodrath and I was very happy with his work.

• Advertisement

Hi,
    If you don’t mind me asking is your house being build along the avenue or the court?
    We are in the court and can’t seem to get a straight answer regarding the completion date yet , all we are getting is between late June to September !
    Thanks in advance

Hi,
    If you don’t mind me asking is your house being build along the avenue or the court?

We are on Hollywoodrath Drive

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭frazenator

richardjjd wrote: »
    We are on Hollywoodrath Drive

I live in HWR and waiting for a new house on Avenue to be completed. I noticed that they have opened the main entrance from the Ratoath road side and a few people have been handed over the houses on the left hand side of the Drive. The progress has been good in park and aveneue as it appears the construction of the structure is complete on the park but internal work would take lots of time as well. We have been told for hand over of the house on Avenue in September. Park shouldprobably be ready before that. Will be looking for snagging, flooring etc as well. So it would be a good idea to be connected to be in a better negotiating position.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 W.All

frazenator wrote: »
    I live in HWR and waiting for a new house on Avenue to be completed. I noticed that they have opened the main entrance from the Ratoath road side and a few people have been handed over the houses on the left hand side of the Drive. The progress has been good in park and aveneue as it appears the construction of the structure is complete on the park but internal work would take lots of time as well. We have been told for hand over of the house on Avenue in September. Park shouldprobably be ready before that. Will be looking for snagging, flooring etc as well. So it would be a good idea to be connected to be in a better negotiating position.
    Thank for Sharing, we are also waiting for our house on the avenue to be ready, we have noticed that it's progressing pretty well,we've been told that will be complete September as well, if they keep the same tempo however, it should be ready even before September.

I am not sure if snagging will be 2 weeks before the completion, so we need to understand if early or late September is the targeted completion date if early September does this mean snagging will need to happen sometime mid-August?

I have done some search on snagging quotes, there are few good one out there but it's better to connect as you said to get better quotes for both snagging and flooring. Please PM me if you want to connect to see whether we can approach the same providers for better quotes.

In your above comments you are referring to the "Park", I thought the park is already complete as it should be where the show houses today. am I missing something here or by Park you mean "Hollywoodrath Court"? which seems progressing pretty well and will be the next to close after the drive.

Our house is along the avenue as well. KnightFrank have told us it will be ready by September. I am also looking for somebody to do the snagging. Would be interested to join group if we could get a good deal as a group?

Our house is along the avenue as well. KnightFrank have told us it will be ready by September. I am also looking for somebody to do the snagging. Would be interested to join group if we could get a good deal as a group?

I've send a PM to both Nedyaj and W.all to see if you want to collaborate on getting a snagger to cover all three houses. If anyone else is interested in joining in, please post or PM.

@W.all
    Apologies yes it meant to be Court and not the Park.

@richardjjd
    You can PM me as well.

@Nedyaj
    Whatever speed they go, can't see them being completed by the end of September. So snagging will be around that period or early October.

For all of you with B2 or B8 type houses, I am getting the floor measurements today (as I am currently living in a B2 type house). I can share the measurements for flooring quote purposes once I hae them.

frazenator wrote: »
    For all of you with B2 or B8 type houses, I am getting the floor measurements today (as I am currently living in a B2 type house). I can share the measurements for flooring quote purposes once I hae them.

Have you decided whether you will use Vinyl/laminate or wood floors?
    I am hearing that quickstep laminate is highly recommended, if this helps.

Wooden floors I think are very pricy. So leminate or Vinyl. I like lighter colours. I have no prior flooring expereince and trying to speak to different people for information and princing. I have spoken to the people who did show houses in HWR and some other new developments. There are so many options for flooring and flooring suppliers/fitters. So it will probably take some time to finalise on this. I will share my learnings here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gregjohn

Hi, does anyone know if any future plan to have a bus from Hollystown and Hollywoodrath to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

W.All wrote: »
    Have you decided whether you will use Vinyl/laminate or wood floors?
    I am hearing that quickstep laminate is highly recommended, if this helps.

Laminate flooring nowadays is actually really good, most of the houses I've been in new build have it down in the faux wood and it's great. Wears very well.

Re bus to the center, you can walk to the Carlton and go from there on the 238 or walk into Tyrrelstown and take the 236, not sure if they'll be extending it up to HWR to be honest but it would make sense. But the walk to the Carlton takes 10 minutes, same into Tyrrelstown, from the entrance to the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Gregjohn wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know if any future plan to have a bus from Hollystown and Hollywoodrath to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre?

There's no plans at the moment.

That would be great. We are trying to shop around to get the best deal for flooring and all of them are asking for measurements which obviously I don’t have yet until snagging is done. It would be great if you can share ours is also B2 type 3 bedroom house.

That would be great. We are trying to shop around to get the best deal for flooring and all of them are asking for measurements which obviously I don’t have yet until snagging is done. It would be great if you can share ours is also B2 type 3 bedroom house.

Measurements done but they didnt gave it to me on phone, will probably have to visit the store. Also I was at the construction side yesterday. I think they have started the internal work for HWR court. On the avenue 81,80,79,78,77, 76 and on the oposit side 52-57s they have made good progress and even strted putting red bricks. But its the internal work that takes time and it may run well over after September.

Gregjohn wrote: »

Under the Bus Connects proposal, route 35 would run from Tyrrelstown to Hollywoodrath (but not Hollystown), through Northwest Business Park, down Blanchardstown Road North into the centre. Map here. It is scheduled to run every 30 minutes.

Wondering how much fees/costs for waste management service in Hollywoodrath, I understood it’s managed by Panda.
    How much paid monthly/yearly, any recommendation to reduce costs/expenses?
    Thanks in advance.

W.All wrote: »
    Wondering how much fees/costs for waste management service in Hollywoodrath, I understood it’s managed by Panda.
    How much paid monthly/yearly, any recommendation to reduce costs/expenses?
    Thanks in advance.
    €110 yearly fees, €9.50/black bin, around €1 per green bin, brown bin free. Costs can be reduced by minimizing number of bin collections.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gregjohn

Hi richardjjd, thank you for your reply. Do you know when this route is due to start? Couldn't find any info about that.

It's still being negotiated. Most up to date info here: www.busconnects.ie

There's been a series of public consultations, the last of which ends this Friday - but I suspect we could we well into 2020 before this launches (I've no inside knowledge, I'm just a bus user who is keeping an eye on it!)

• Advertisement

I have noticed that there the ventilation in the new houses recently released in Hollywoodrath drive are different compared to the show houses. At least it looks different from outside. Anyone knows the reason for that?

Advertisement