Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

A relative got their keys last week. Really impressive house. The attic is rediculously big and gives a lot of potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

A relative got their keys last week. Really impressive house. The attic is rediculous big and gives a lot of potentiual.

If they join the residents facebook group there's posts there from people who've had the conversion done and there's people living in the estate who do a lot of the work (and offer other services) at mates rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Nijmegen wrote: »
    If they join the residents facebook group there's posts there from people who've had the conversion done and there's people living in the estate who do a lot of the work (and offer other services) at mates rates.

It was a pricey house so i'd say a little saving is needed :D but will get them to join the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MAT13

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask if there is anyone that is waiting on a house in Hollywoodrath Court? Today we got un update from Knight Frank , that everything is on track and handovers should begin in July/August.
    Has anybody gotten any updates?
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 27 W.All

MAT13 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just wanted to ask if there is anyone that is waiting on a house in Hollywoodrath Court? Today we got un update from Knight Frank , that everything is on track and handovers should begin in July/August.
    Has anybody gotten any updates?
    Thanks in advance
    This sounds right to me. We are on the next phase on the Avenue, we’ve been told that they are targeting September/October for handover. have been advised to talk to the builder as they know the schedule/progress better , haven’t done that though as I don’t have any point of contact with builder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Nedyaj

W.All wrote: »
    This sounds right to me. We are on the next phase on the Avenue, we’ve been told that they are targeting September/October for handover. have been advised to talk to the builder as they know the schedule/progress better , haven’t done that though as I don’t have any point of contact with builder.
    We are in the avenue as well but we did not get any recent notice from knight frank afar from the info that we were given at the beginning that the house will be ready on September.. I hope they get in touch with us again..

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gregjohn

Hollywoodrath Court - basically in all the houses the interiors are done and painted. They working now on parking lots and back gardens.

Thanks , for your repaly

Thats good news;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 skelufc

Nedyaj wrote: »
    Our house is along the avenue as well. KnightFrank have told us it will be ready by September. I am also looking for somebody to do the snagging. Would be interested to join group if we could get a good deal as a group?

Hi Guys, I am due to move in on the Avenue in September too. I would be interested in snagging as a group. I have been in touch with the agency who are allowing me go to get measurements in house type B2. I will post the measurements when I have them.

skelufc wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I am due to move in on the Avenue in September too. I would be interested in snagging as a group. I have been in touch with the agency who are allowing me go to get measurements in house type B2. I will post the measurements when I have them.
    We are at the Avenue as well, any recommendation on affordable snagging very much appreciated. If group snagging would save some cost I am for it.
    If you can share the measurements that would much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭frazenator

Finally I got the measurements. These are approximate measurements for B2/B8 type house for those who want to get a quote on flooring. 97sqm is excluding the landing and stairs.

Also I have spoken to the Flooring Mill guy and he said he will provide discount if there are a few houses to be done. We are three at the moment. We are also researching the market. I have been to Des Kelly, the flooring mil and right price tiles. I have also spoken to someone at my work place who do flooring on weekends. My findings so far are:
    1. Each shop/Flooring service provider has their own favorite brand. For example you go to right price and they have mainly only one brand (crona) in the shop I visited. DK has more variety but they said Quick Steps was probably the best. Flooring Mill said Bailterio.

2 You will need to get exact measurements for your house for the exact quote. The measurements attached are just for an idea but it won’t be too far away.

3 You can either get the whole flooring done by one shop. They will provide every thing from underlay to labour to delivery or you can buy stuff yourself and ask someone to floor it for you or DIY.

4. Call the flooring guy at the time of snagging at he might be able to point out a few things from his perspective to be fixed.

I will try to get quote for these measurements from couple of suppliers and will share. At the moment I am open to all options.

The details above are shared for on the assumption that you have no prior knowledge or experience in Flooring like me. Please share your experience/knowledge.

Here you go

frazenator wrote: »
    Here you go

97sqm also excludes bathrooms as floors in bathroom are already provided by construction company.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Thanks for all the info, I booked a house as well, but won't be ready until early Jan. I am not sure if the flooring guys could consider this as a group scheme.
    Please let me know

frazenator wrote: »
    Finally I got the measurements. These are approximate measurements for B2/B8 type house for those who want to get a quote on flooring. 97sqm is excluding the landing and stairs.

Also I have spoken to the Flooring Mill guy and he said he will provide discount if there are a few houses to be done. We are three at the moment. We are also researching the market. I have been to Des Kelly, the flooring mil and right price tiles. I have also spoken to someone at my work place who do flooring on weekends. My findings so far are:
    1. Each shop/Flooring service provider has their own favorite brand. For example you go to right price and they have mainly only one brand (crona) in the shop I visited. DK has more variety but they said Quick Steps was probably the best. Flooring Mill said Bailterio.

2 You will need to get exact measurements for your house for the exact quote. The measurements attached are just for an idea but it won’t be too far away.

3 You can either get the whole flooring done by one shop. They will provide every thing from underlay to labour to delivery or you can buy stuff yourself and ask someone to floor it for you or DIY.

4. Call the flooring guy at the time of snagging at he might be able to point out a few things from his perspective to be fixed.

I will try to get quote for these measurements from couple of suppliers and will share. At the moment I am open to all options.

The details above are shared for on the assumption that you have no prior knowledge or experience in Flooring like me. Please share your experience/knowledge.
    Hello, one of my friend bought a house well, and his should be ready by Step. Can I PM his number, probably to add to your group

jinish wrote: »
    Hello, one of my friend bought a house well, and his should be ready by Step. Can I PM his number, probably to add to your group

Yes you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 skelufc

W.All wrote: »
    We are at the Avenue as well, any recommendation on affordable snagging very much appreciated. If group snagging would save some cost I am for it.
    If you can share the measurements that would much appreciated.

I have got measurements of the B2 3 Bed Semi Open Plan. Believe it is the same for B6.

Kitchen table in showroom to compare 5ft3 length x 3f width
    Washing machine space in utility room 2ft 9 lrngth x 1 ft 11 width
    Space for Rug front hall to kitchen (between wall and stairs) 2ft 8 width
    Couch width for comparison 5ft 11
    Corner angle beside couch to kitchen 4ft2 width
    Sitting room wall facing couch 17ft
    All following WINDOW measurements in meters and goes width by length

Box room .9 x 1.8 blind
    Spare 1.8 x 1.8
    Main bedroom 1.2 x 1.5
    Bathroom and landing .6 x 1.06
    2.45 x 1.75 Living Room
    3.4 x 2.2 kitchen
    All Ceilings 2.4

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gregjohn

Hi, I have a question for people who moved already in the estate. Does the (Solar) PV Panels heats the water in the house or it has to be heated by the gas boiler? Thank you!

Gregjohn wrote: »
    Hi, I have a question for people who moved already in the estate. Does the (Solar) PV Panels heats the water in the house or it has to be heated by the gas boiler? Thank you!

I am living there at the moment, as long as I understand the energy generated by the panels is used in the house and any surplus (if any) is pushed to the ESB system. There water can either be heated by gas or electricity and I dont think it has direct connection with panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/climate-action-plan-how-difficult-will-it-be-to-deliver-on-the-five-key-targets-1.3931026?mode=amp

Hi All, long time lurker, first time poster.

Just wondering what people's thoughts are regarding the latest announcements on gas boilers. For those of us who have paid a deposit but the house is not built yet, Is there anything practical we can do to avoid or reduce the costs of having to retro fit a heat pump in 5 years.

• Advertisement

Shades799 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/climate-action-plan-how-difficult-will-it-be-to-deliver-on-the-five-key-targets-1.3931026?mode=amp

Just wondering what people's thoughts are regarding the latest announcements on gas boilers. For those of us who have paid a deposit but the house is not built yet, Is there anything practical we can do to avoid or reduce the costs of having to retro fit a heat pump in 5 years.

Did you speak to the agent about the possibility?

Shades799 wrote: »

I saw a new house in Citywest with heatpump installed before putting a deposit in HWR. It was A2 rating and agent said that during the construction stage is it much easier for them to do it and the cost difference would be around 3k for heat pump. Did you book in HWR Grove? If we have couple of people, we could ask the agent to approach builder to see if they can do anything if we pay the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

jinish wrote: »
    I saw a new house in Citywest with heatpump installed before putting a deposit in HWR. It was A2 rating and agent said that during the construction stage is it much easier for them to do it and the cost difference would be around 3k for heat pump. Did you book in HWR Grove? If we have couple of people, we could ask the agent to approach builder to see if they can do anything if we pay the difference.

Thanks for the response! I'll definitely be talking to the agent. The thing I was wondering on, was the principle of putting it in instead of the gas but I suppose, that's my own decision to make based on cost! I'll let you know what they say.

Thanks!

There is no harm in asking the agent!

Hi Guys,

I got some quotes for flooring .
    For carpet on stairs/landing/3 bedrooms - €3650.

Laminate floors of all downstairs -€2500

Has anybody else gotten quotes, I would like to compare the prices, as it looks a little too much.
    any advise for flooring companies?

Thank you ,

MAT13 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I got some quotes for flooring .
    For carpet on stairs/landing/3 bedrooms - €3650.

Laminate floors of all downstairs -€2500

Has anybody else gotten quotes, I would like to compare the prices, as it looks a little too much.
    any advise for flooring companies?

Thank you ,

We got leminate all downstair and in rooms upstairs
    carpets on stairs and landing
    total around 4900 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Candypuff123

Try Carpet Express in Santry, they stock lots of different brands.

Hi all,

I want to get in contact with the builder in Hollywoodrath to ask changing the heating radiator location in the kitchen in B2 house.
    Wondering if I can talk directly to the builder given that our house will not be complete until September.

Any recommendation whom I should contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tengskieg

Hi, anyone here bought a house in the Avenue last May release? Do you have any update from Knight Frank when they'll start the handover? We visit the site every week and the construction is progressing really well. Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 yam20yamasas

Hi, we are planing to buy in the new estate Bay Meadows, but we are really concerned about the airplanes noise. I think inside the house is ok but what about outside ? we like to spend a lot of time in the garden , would the noise be annoying ? Thanks

Advertisement