Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tengskieg

Hi, anyone here bought a house in the Avenue last May release? Do you have any update from Knight Frank when they'll start the handover? We visit the site every week and the construction is progressing really well. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 yam20yamasas

Hi, we are planing to buy in the new estate Bay Meadows, but we are really concerned about the airplanes noise. I think inside the house is ok but what about outside ? we like to spend a lot of time in the garden , would the noise be annoying ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 W.All

tengskieg wrote: »
    Hi, anyone here bought a house in the Avenue last May release? Do you have any update from Knight Frank when they'll start the handover? We visit the site every week and the construction is progressing really well. Thank you.

We bought in the Avenue in April/May and had same questions as we have seen the progress in building. According to McPeake agents the houses on avenue will be complete September/October no solid date yet as this depends on the connection to electricity, water and other....

Here is the roadmap I am aware of:
    - Hollywoodrath drive - June/July
    - Hollywoodrath Court - July/August
    - Hollywoodrath Avenue- September/October

I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Hi, we are planing to buy in the new estate Bay Meadows, but we are really concerned about the airplanes noise. I think inside the house is ok but what about outside ? we like to spend a lot of time in the garden , would the noise be annoying ? Thanks

Inside the house is fine. Outside, I mean, it's airplanes. Go for a stroll along the road beside the estate and imagine sitting outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

We've lived in the area since 2003. Its remarkable how quickly you get used to the noise, even sitting outside. Your visitors will find it annoying, but locals are immune!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 yam20yamasas

richardjjd wrote: »
    We've lived in the area since 2003. Its remarkable how quickly you get used to the noise, even sitting outside. Your visitors will find it annoying, but locals are immune!

Thank you very much for replying , we are going next week to see the houses , there are 6 built at the moment.

W.All wrote: »
    We bought in the Avenue in April/May and had same questions as we have seen the progress in building. According to McPeake agents the houses on avenue will be complete September/October no solid date yet as this depends on the connection to electricity, water and other....

Here is the roadmap I am aware of:
    - Hollywoodrath drive - June/July
    - Hollywoodrath Court - July/August
    - Hollywoodrath Avenue- September/October

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, we were also told that the first houses sold on the Avenue will be handed over first September/October then next would be our row. But looking at the progress, it looks like the houses our row will be completed first, maybe I'm wrong. Thanks anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

I went to the playground today and the management company which is responsible for it as well as for green areas seems to be struggling with emptying bins. It's not the first time and there are only two bins in the whole development. As far as I'm concerned many residents emailed them about this issue, but they don't seem to care. They were also struggling to maintain the green areas but this has improved recently.

7NMx5Bc.jpg

As a potential buyers I feel you should be aware about those issues. Maybe this post will trigger some action from Regency http://www.regency.ie/projects/hollywoodrath/

Yeah the whole area is managed by the developer until it is taken in charge by the council. In fairness they do cut the common area grass etc, but you're right about the bins needing more regular attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Quick question.
    Anybody installed underfloor heating in your houses in hollyowood rath? Whats the best way to do it?

• Advertisement

Its noisy. House is well insulated, so you won't notice inside. Having said that, it's not completely soundproof. You can not set up a home stuido with a condensor mic inside. You will have to spend a lot of money for sound proofing than a non-airport contour zone house, if you want to set up a home studio ( well I wanted one, so I reasearched about it.)
    Outside, the sound is really noticeable. Please go and spend half an hour in the estate and you will get to know. As some one said, you will get used to it and will not notice at all, coz that's how we are made. Our brain just filter it from our consious mind, but that doesnt mean that there is no noise pollution.
    Have a look at https://www.dublinairport.com/docs/default-source/airport-noise/contour-map-2.pdf?sfvrsn=bdbcb0df_2
    It shows the noise level. Its between 60-64 dB zone. Have a look at https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q=65+db+noise&btnG= Exposure to high noise is linked to many helath problems.

Btw, who is going to stay in the Garden all the time?

Everything is a trade off. These are already factored in to the price I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

jinish wrote: »
    Quick question.
    Anybody installed underfloor heating in your houses in hollyowood rath? Whats the best way to do it?

We're going to do it. Got an agreement from the builder that he won't tile the bathrooms and we'll have to sign off on that in the snag

Shades799 wrote: »
    We're going to do it. Got an agreement from the builder that he won't tile the bathrooms and we'll have to sign off on that in the snag

Thanks. May I ask, r u goin electric or the other way? Any recommendations of systems?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HMY

jinish wrote: »
    Quick question.

Hi.. i am currently living in HWR.. honestly i had the same thought regarding underfloor heating because i use tiles in the kitchen.. but because the price of it, we deferred.. if u asked me.. i am glad i didnt spend my money on that.. The BER rating for HWR is A3 and i put tiles for the whole kitchen.. the house was fully insulated.. even during winter it is still warm (without the UFH).. a few times my guests asked me did i put UFH in the toilet because it was warm.. use the money for something else.. that is just my 2 cents..

HMY wrote: »
    Hi.. i am currently living in HWR.. honestly i had the same thought regarding underfloor heating because i use tiles in the kitchen.. but because the price of it, we deferred.. if u asked me.. i am glad i didnt spend my money on that.. The BER rating for HWR is A3 and i put tiles for the whole kitchen.. the house was fully insulated.. even during winter it is still warm (without the UFH).. a few times my guests asked me did i put UFH in the toilet because it was warm.. use the money for something else.. that is just my 2 cents..

Yeah I would second the idea that heating these homes is not an issue. Indeed, during the current weather it's cooling them is the problem!

HMY wrote: »

Hi, we are also thinking to use porcelain tiles in the kitchen and dining but we thought they could get very cold which is a major issue to us, most especially during winter as kids usually walks barefoot around the house. Thanks to you for pointing that out, it could help us decide.

Anyone knows when Hollywoodrath Court will be complete and handed over to owners?
    It looks like the Avenue houses are progressing well and could be ready soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 C6

Anyone knows when Hollywoodrath Court will be complete and handed over to owners?
    It looks like the Avenue houses are progressing well and could be ready soon too.

Was up during the week progressing well streetlights and shrubbery been placed in the court just the road left to lay , according to the estate agent its still on track for late july/august , august being the more likely i reckon

The first houses to be released will be the first 4 on each side numbers 1-4 and 14-17 , a friend in the esb confirmed mains power has been installed to the court and they are just waiting on electricians on site to issue the certificates then the esb will come out and hang the meters so it is progressing well although i think snagging by the end of the month is unlikely at this stage

I haven't seen the interiors now for a while so id be interested to know whats going on ? Last time i saw the inside the walls were plastered and second fixings were ready to commence that was back in may iirc

C6 wrote: »
    Was up during the week progressing well streetlights and shrubbery been placed in the court just the road left to lay , according to the estate agent its still on track for late july/august , august being the more likely i reckon

The first houses to be released will be the first 4 on each side numbers 1-4 and 14-17 , a friend in the esb confirmed mains power has been installed to the court and they are just waiting on electricians on site to issue the certificates then the esb will come out and hang the meters so it is progressing well although i think snagging by the end of the month is unlikely at this stage

I haven't seen the interiors now for a while so id be interested to know whats going on ? Last time i saw the inside the walls were plastered and second fixings were ready to commence that was back in may iirc

Thanks for the information, it’s helpful.

Can anyone who recently moved in tell me how long after snagging did you have to wait until you got your keys

Also any fresh info on the court would be appreciated thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 MAT13

Hi,

No news on the Court , I would really appreciate it if anyone has any fresh updates also!

I’ve been in contact with the agents on weekly basis , the last update I got was last week that the houses are progressing very well , interiors are completed but electricity is not yet connected,

We visited the site last week there’s no sign of the road being laid yet neither

Has anyone who has purchased in previous phases experienced delays with electricity connections?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Can anyone who recently moved in tell me how long after snagging did you have to wait until you got your keys

2-3 weeks from snagging to closing (we’re moving into HWR Drive)

MAT13 wrote: »
    Hi,

No news on the Court , I would really appreciate it if anyone has any fresh updates also!

I’ve been in contact with the agents on weekly basis , the last update I got was last week that the houses are progressing very well , interiors are completed but electricity is not yet connected,

We visited the site last week there’s no sign of the road being laid yet neither

Has anyone who has purchased in previous phases experienced delays with electricity connections?

Thank you
    I spoke to agent, they are waiting for ESB to come to Court and complete the connection there. They were supposed to come 23/7 but got delayed.
    I hope this helps.

Hi,

Thank you
    I spoke to agent, they are waiting for ESB to come to Court and complete the connection there. They were supposed to come 23/7 but got delayed.
    I hope this helps.

Hi,

Thank you
    I hope this helps.

Hi,

Thank you
    I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MAT13

I hope this helps.

Thanks very much!
    Hopefully they won’t be delayed much longer.

Thanks everyone appreciate the information its painfull to watch now so close to final hurdle heres hoping it wont drag on too much longer

Just got word meters are being installed at the moment my house was done an hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭frazenator

Thanks everyone appreciate the information its painfull to watch now so close to final hurdle heres hoping it wont drag on too much longer

Just got word meters are being installed at the moment my house was done an hour ago

Priority should be the quality and not the speed. We all keep pushing the agents bug if they compromise on quality for the sake of speed who is the loser then.....,

• Advertisement

frazenator wrote: »
    Priority should be the quality and not the speed. We all keep pushing the agents bug if they compromise on quality for the sake of speed who is the loser then.....,

Fair point but we have zero input on the quality of the build since were not on site , i dont see the correlation between asking the estate agent what stage the build is at and the quality of the building since they only forward on information they recieve from regency, nobodys on site lashing the foreman

Advertisement