Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭frazenator

C6 wrote: »
    Fair point but we have zero input on the quality of the build since were not on site , i dont see the correlation between asking the estate agent what stage the build is at and the quality of the building since they only forward on information they recieve from regency, nobodys on site lashing the foreman

Thanks for your input. You are probably right, but I just thought its important that they take their dur time and so did not liked they idea of chasing them too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 C6

frazenator wrote: »
    Thanks for your input. You are probably right, but I just thought its important that they take their dur time and so did not liked they idea of chasing them too much.

Understandable , just a little excited and anxious to get in like everyone id imagine :) i only contact the e.a roughly every 4-6 weeks for an update most information iv sourced myself elsewhere

Understandable , just a little excited and anxious to get in like everyone id imagine :) i only contact the e.a roughly every 4-6 weeks for an update most information iv sourced myself elsewhere

thats what this group is for, Yes more or less everyone does the same and its will be someone else's turn to call this or next week.

I live in HWR and it appears that they would be laying the road in Court soon, may be next week or so. Not sure if it will be impacted by the Builder's holidays this week and next week.

They have made good progress on the Aveneue as well, they are putting the parking slabs/bricks on the north side of the Ave.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

There’s a real perennial problem with travellers in the area at the moment. Very large group broke onto a site beside the educate together for the weekend - their second time in there. They have broken into the amazon site (beside the Carlton) a few times and they’re constantly on the roundabouts heading up to the N2. Council put in ugly concrete blocks to get rid of them but they keep coming back. Rubbish everywhere and they light fires to burn a lot of it too. Not very nice. Likely to go away as the area develops but it is a mish mash of bodies trying to not take responsibility - Gardai say contact land owners, council body for housing travellers takes its time when its public land.... frustrating. Was listening to the sounds of generators and barking dogs all night there Friday as the heat forced us to have the windows open for a bit of airflow.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nedyaj

I’d say the council should do something about that...I’ve seen them before around the round about area as well and saw some Garda as well at that time.. hopefully it will get sorted coz if it won’t they might settle themselves there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 MAT13

Has anybody gotten any updates this week regarding HWR Court?
    snagging dates etc.?

We visited the site awhile ago and everything looks pretty much the same as 2 weeks ago .
    Even with ordering furniture is starting to get frustrating as we don’t have any dates at all

Nedyaj wrote: »
    I’d say the council should do something about that...I’ve seen them before around the round about area as well and saw some Garda as well at that time.. hopefully it will get sorted coz if it won’t they might settle themselves there.

Fire brigade out now and house full of smoke because they decided to burn their rubbish in the field next door. Just what you want on a work night.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nedyaj

They are out for now and the question is for how long? ... I hope there is a lot permanent solution to this issue with the travellers

Nedyaj wrote: »
    They are out for now and the question is for how long? ... I hope there is a lot permanent solution to this issue with the travellers

It’ll only end when the vacant land is fully developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mjdancer

Hello Everyone,

We are planning to buy property in HWR...can somebody quote what was last release price for 3 bed houses as they are now quoting for 365k+?
    Inputs will be highly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 phgroo

Hey MAT13, we visited the site yesterday and the only new thing we noticed was the kerb along the side of the house in the corner facing HWR Ave. I'm guessing that's all they need in order to asphalt the road. No idea if the builders do that work or if it's done by a third party. Any other updates anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ciarcas

mjdancer wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

We are planning to buy property in HWR...can somebody quote what was last release price for 3 bed houses as they are now quoting for 365k+?
    Inputs will be highly appreciated

My 3 bed house is 357,500e and I paid my deposit in May. The other option at the time was 360k for a house with a slightly bigger garden. The demand is obviously there for these houses and they are able to drive the prices up.

Hi,
    I spoke to the agent yesterday, they advised that now the electricity has been connected , but not in a sequence order( don’t really understand why that is) , so that would depend on which houses would be up for snagging first.
    & that Regacy would be contacting us for the snagging dates.
    Hopefully all of us will be in by the end of the month;)
    Anyone else any other updates?

No new info other what you have mentioned above i did notice a big push is on now with the 5 beds facing out onto the backroad , fingers crossed we get a call in the next 2 weeks for snagging the only bit i see left really is to lay the road which should only take a day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 27 W.All

No new info other what you have mentioned above i did notice a big push is on now with the 5 beds facing out onto the backroad , fingers crossed we get a call in the next 2 weeks for snagging the only bit i see left really is to lay the road which should only take a day or two

Glad to hear that things progressing well....finger crossed indeed you guys will get snagging confirmation email/call soon;). Wondering what was the estimated completion date/timeframe provided by estate agents for the Court.....Was it July/Aug or June/July?

July/august

• Registered Users Posts: 27 W.All

July/august
    Thanks, at least we know that the delivery is within the promised timelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 curlex

I've just discovered this thread and I am so glad I did! So we have purchased a house in Hollywoodrath Court area and are hoping to connect with our neighbors, so if there is anything out there, a group or something, I'd love to join!
    The other thing I would like to ask here is about the kitchens. The house that we bought is a 4 bed semi-d with the closed plan, and we have to say, that the kitchen does not offer enough counter space. So I was wondering if anyone has looked into changing this or has changed it? I will also be driving around the area tomorrow and hope to see if there has been any progress made with the roads and will update if there is anything worth reporting!

Hi everyone, I just got an update about snagging! I checked the site and the roads have not been played yet, but should be by next week!

curlex wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I just got an update about snagging! I checked the site and the roads have not been played yet, but should be by next week!

Thats excellent news i havent been up since tuesday but checking in on thread daily , what was the update regarding snagging will you be snagging next week ?

Also did you notice if the esb are still in the court

• Advertisement

Yes, so the email stated the my house will be ready for snagging from 14th and requested to schedule an appointment. I haven't seen anything related to ESB, but I've been going quite late in the evening, around 6, so they would have left by then.

Hi all,
    We were also contacted to schedule an appointment for next week
    i was there this morning but the road is not yet done

Do you have someone already contacted for the snagging? If you or anyone has a recommendation, can you please PM me?

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Do you have someone already contacted for the snagging? If you or anyone has a recommendation, can you please PM me?

We used Rory O'Connor, Snaglist.ie for our house on HWR Drive. He's done a number of houses in the area. We found him very comprehensive. Contact details here.

Hi All,

While speaking to sniggers can you please negotiate a good deal considering the number of people who would be interested here in this group. I would say at least 10 easily.
    Thanks

Hi,

I am not sure if there is anyone working on that, so if we have a group or something, to organise what you are talking about that would be great?

richardjjd wrote: »
    We used Rory O'Connor, Snaglist.ie for our house on HWR Drive. He's done a number of houses in the area. We found him very comprehensive. Contact details here.

Thank you, I will contact him!

Hi,

I am not sure if there is anyone working on that, so if we have a group or something, to organise what you are talking about that would be great?

How would you like to create a group, I thought we are a group here on this forum. But I can create a what’sapp group if that suits better.

Also I am on Ave and would probably be next month for snagging but I can commit. There are 17 in court and 10-12 at least on Ave, even if half of them agree we can negotiate a good deal.

frazenator wrote: »
    How would you like to create a group, I thought we are a group here on this forum. But I can create a what’sapp group if that suits better.

Also I am on Ave and would probably be next month for snagging but I can commit. There are 17 in court and 10-12 at least on Ave, even if half of them agree we can negotiate a good deal.

I don't mind, but I'm in the court, and I've already sent a few queries. I mentioned group discounts, but I'm sure there will be a question about actual numbers. Let me know if there are more people or if there is already a group discussion on this topic with actual numbers :)

• Advertisement

I don't mind, but I'm in the court, and I've already sent a few queries. I mentioned group discounts, but I'm sure there will be a question about actual numbers. Let me know if there are more people or if there is already a group discussion on this topic with actual numbers :)

Ok, I m sure we can get at least 5 if not 10. Yourself, me and my friend (3 at the moment). Comon people raise your hands for this. I have two other people on this group who wanted to group for snagging. So 5 easily. You can mention the numbers around 3-6 and let’s see if they are willing to offer any discount.

Advertisement