Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭frazenator

OK, no one wants to group for snagging thats fine.

I was speaking to a friend who got his house snagged recently in Hansfield. He said the main thing that snagger is checking for you is the paint. everything else more or less covered int he kind of certification that you receive with house. Is that applicable for HWR as well. What kind of problems does the snaggers have identified for the people who have already moved in or who are going through the snaggeing process?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 phgroo

Did any of you have your snag done today in HWR Court? If so, could you please share any updates? How's the overall status of the house? I hope all is good. We're expecting our house to be in the next batch, whenever it might be. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Knock Knock...Anybody here from Hollywoodrath Grove?
    By the look of it, the work is progressing pretty fast.
    Would love to know who would be my neighbour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MAT13

phgroo wrote: »
    Did any of you have your snag done today in HWR Court? If so, could you please share any updates? How's the overall status of the house? I hope all is good. We're expecting our house to be in the next batch, whenever it might be. Thanks.

Hi ,
    We had our snag done ,
    Overall all is good! But quite a few bits and pieces to be fixed.
    Hopefully you will get invited for a snag very soon!
    As far as I am aware there is quite a few houses that got their snag done so it won’t be long!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lynnsz

Jinish, we are on the Grove! What number are you? Have you guys been given any updates? We have asked for some but nothing as yet. Initially told early 2020 for handover but they are moving very fast. I think they are going to complete the street before handover. Stalking the site each week as many people on here probably are lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 C6

I heard through the e.a 4 went for snagging so far in the court was anyone given a timeframe how long after snagging it would take will you be in by the end of the month do you reckon ? I know the roads still not down hoepfully they start monday as the weathers only getting worse as time goes on and slowing things down a bit

also does anyone know what colour counter tops went into the the open plan 4 beds thanks

lynnsz wrote: »
    Jinish, we are on the Grove! What number are you? Have you guys been given any updates? We have asked for some but nothing as yet. Initially told early 2020 for handover but they are moving very fast. I think they are going to complete the street before handover. Stalking the site each week as many people on here probably are lol.
    hey, good to know.
    We are **. What about you? No updates , the last one was a generic one ' early 2020'🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lynnsz

jinish wrote: »
    hey, good to know.
    We are 14. What about you? No updates , the last one was a generic one ' early 2020'��

We are in 12. Hopefully it won’t be too long before we are in! I’ll let you know if we get any updates.

lynnsz wrote: »
    We are in 12. Hopefully it won’t be too long before we are in! I’ll let you know if we get any updates.
    Last week🙂. It would be a bonus if they could finish earlier than the date they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nedyaj

Anybody from the HWR Avenue got dates for snagging? I was told that once the court is finished we should be next..at this stage I think the court have done theirs?

• Advertisement

Nedyaj wrote: »
    Anybody from the HWR Avenue got dates for snagging? I was told that once the court is finished we should be next..at this stage I think the court have done theirs?

Only 4 out of 17 houses have been given the go ahead to snag from the court so far as far as i know

C6 wrote: »
    Only 4 out of 17 houses have been given the go ahead to snag from the court so far as far as i know

That’s a small number. Which only means the snagging in the Avenue would be delayed I assume..

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

We snagged on July 16 and expect to be given clearance to close this week. There was some delays because its traditional holiday season. No significant issues with the snag, so be sure to allow plenty of time between snagging and closing (we had been told 2-3 weeks and had planned accordingly, but its now five weeks and that has caused some logistics challenges!).

Just heard from a colleague that there was a big issue in one of the Taylor Hill houses in Balbriggan where the roofing looked as a cowboys job. a number of leaks and broken tiles oon the roof. Even the sangger didn't picked it up. So the people who are getting snagging done make sure they look at the attic.

Has anyone else been called to snag in the court since the first 4 houses were contacted 2 weeks ago

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 phgroo

Has anyone else been called to snag in the court since the first 4 houses were contacted 2 weeks ago

Thanks

We're waiting to be contacted but, so far, nothing.

I heard houses 3, 4, 14 and 15 were called to snag. House number 1 as well (heard from my snagger). Not sure if number 2 too, so I've no idea when or which ones would be next.

Thanks appreciate the reply i really thought we be in this month but its starting to look like end of september at this rate before keys are handed over still not called for snagging and have been advised it will take roughly 1 month after snagging before being handed keys becomming a pain juggling so many things

Spoke to the foreman on monday he siad house is complete will be released shortly but wouldn't commit to any dates he mentioned the road would be layed this week is well.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

Nijmegen wrote: »
    There’s a real perennial problem with travellers in the area at the moment. Very large group broke onto a site beside the educate together for the weekend - their second time in there. They have broken into the amazon site (beside the Carlton) a few times and they’re constantly on the roundabouts heading up to the N2. Council put in ugly concrete blocks to get rid of them but they keep coming back. Rubbish everywhere and they light fires to burn a lot of it too. Not very nice. Likely to go away as the area develops but it is a mish mash of bodies trying to not take responsibility - Gardai say contact land owners, council body for housing travellers takes its time when its public land.... frustrating. Was listening to the sounds of generators and barking dogs all night there Friday as the heat forced us to have the windows open for a bit of airflow.

I understand they've moved on again and more concrete blocks put up? Any further issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shauntay

The most recent update we had was on Monday and we were told houses 1-8 and 14-17 have all snagged in the court so it's just 9-13 ..hopefully soon

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Shades799 wrote: »
    I understand they've moved on again and more concrete blocks put up? Any further issues?

They were still up at the roundabout at Le Cheile last I heard and that was this weekend just gone.

• Advertisement

Shauntay wrote: »
    The most recent update we had was on Monday and we were told houses 1-8 and 14-17 have all snagged in the court so it's just 9-13 ..hopefully soon

Hi - for information, we snagged on July 16. No issues of note.

Its took five weeks for the BCAR and Architects note to be issued (struggling to find out what took so long - Regency not scoring well on being nice to talk to); contracts are due to be issued to our solicitors tomorrow and we hope to close next week (allowing 3/4 days for the bank to release the funds, which is what they say they will need).

If this usual, allow six weeks from snagging to move in (we had been told 2-3 weeks and planned accordingly).

LorelaiG wrote: »
    They were still up at the roundabout at Le Cheile last I heard and that was this weekend just gone.

The school will start in 2 weeks time they can’t just camp out there near the school grounds? Or can they?

The travellers are gone they fenced in around the rathoath rd side entrance and over at the school they are also doing some kind of building work so i doubt they will get back into them spots anytime soon ,

Thats not to say they wont pop up somewhere else but they do seem to be getting dealt with pretty fast each time if the developer was not still around and trying to sell houses id imagine it would be a completely different story

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shauntay

richardjjd wrote: »
    Hi - for information, we snagged on July 16. No issues of note.

Its took five weeks for the BCAR and Architects note to be issued (struggling to find out what took so long - Regency not scoring well on being nice to talk to); contracts are due to be issued to our solicitors tomorrow and we hope to close next week (allowing 3/4 days for the bank to release the funds, which is what they say they will need).

If this usual, allow six weeks from snagging to move in (we had been told 2-3 weeks and planned accordingly).

Thank you seems to take ages from the first snag for some , are you HWR court ?

Shauntay wrote: »
    Thank you seems to take ages from the first snag for some , are you HWR court ?

HWR Drive...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MAT13

Hi all,

Anyone that has had their snag done in the Court gotten any updates on when re-snags might start taking place?

Or anyone that has done re-snag before
    Roughly how long did it take to be called in From the 1st snag?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 W.All

MAT13 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone that has had their snag done in the Court gotten any updates on when re-snags might start taking place?

Or anyone that has done re-snag before
    Roughly how long did it take to be called in From the 1st snag?
    I went yesterday to HWR to check the progress on the house which is on the Avenue, found someone from GEM he said he is snagging the outside of the houses. He mentioned that the tarmac will be done week of 26th on the Avenue as well and that we should expect invite for snagging in the few coming weeks. I have asked about the progress he said overall it’s OK and progressing according to the plan. That’s all I got, I hope it helps.

W.All wrote: »
    I went yesterday to HWR to check the progress on the house which is on the Avenue, found someone from GEM he said he is snagging the outside of the houses. He mentioned that the tarmac will be done week of 26th on the Avenue as well and that we should expect invite for snagging in the few coming weeks. I have asked about the progress he said overall it’s OK and progressing according to the plan. That’s all I got, I hope it helps.

Went there for a quick trip yesterday and they were lying road in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mjdancer

Hello Guys, I am really interested in HWR property but I am really having concern about the price of the house. People are saying price of the houses will go down in next 12 months due to Brexit and all economic slow down activities. How should i approach this ? any suggestions will be appreciated.

• Advertisement

mjdancer wrote: »
    Hello Guys, I am really interested in HWR property but I am really having concern about the price of the house. People are saying price of the houses will go down in next 12 months due to Brexit and all economic slow down activities. How should i approach this ? any suggestions will be appreciated.

Depends on your personal circumstances and opportunity cost of those 12 months. Consider factors like, how much it can go down or will it stablize (stay at the current prices), if you are renting how much extra rent you have to pay in those 12 months. are you eligible for Help to Buy scheme, because it will go away as well (if prices come down by 3-5K, and you loose HTB). I would also consder possibility of Brexit bringing more jobs in Ireland or taking away and what impact that would have on demand and prices.

Advertisement