Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Are you buying a house to live in or to invest in and do you intend to live in it for 5 years or 35? Nobody can tell you what house prices will be like in 12 months time, so the decision should be driven off of what your personal circumstances are. Are you continuing to save for deposit for the next 12 months, ie will have more deposit and will have to borrow less? Or are you paying out 1.6k in rent where your mortgage could be 1.4k? And does that matter to you? I'd forget about the market a bit and focus more on your circumstances, given that prices are still nowhere near the 2007 levels of absurdity but rents are higher than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭frazenator

Just spoke to Knight Frank, don’t think they were up to date. They mentioned the will complete court by end of September, then start Ave from 52-59 and then probably the opposite 81- backwards. 58-59 have not even started building yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tom__jnr2

No one knows what will next 12 month's bring however there is a supply issue in greater Dublin area. As long as you have many more buyers then properties the price might see some correction but won't drop massively.

They now build in phases so if Brexit crashes the market, they stop building. But then there is a lot of people waiting with cash for another crash and getting cheap properties to rent out.

There is another site under development and they actually priced their houses even higher.

So, it is your call but with mortgage being less then rent it make sense to own.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

I was in the same position back in 2014. You won't get a house in this development cheaper, this time next year. The builder will stop building if the market slows up. He will only move onto another phase if the current phase sells out.
    The economy crashed in 2008 and house prices didn't bottom out until 2012. So even if the economy crashed tomorrow, this time next year you'll be thinking, will they be even cheaper next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 W.All

frazenator wrote: »
    Just spoke to Knight Frank, don’t think they were up to date. They mentioned the will complete court by end of September, then start Ave from 52-59 and then probably the opposite 81- backwards. 58-59 have not even started building yet.
    it doesn't make sense indeed, this would mean that keys of houses on the avenue will be handed over by sometime in Nov.

• Advertisement

Any update regarding snagging on 9-13 HWR court? What is the expected key collection date for other houses on Court?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BT15

Thank you very much for replying , we are going next week to see the houses , there are 6 built at the moment.

Hi, do they have any show houses in Bay Meadows yet? Any update on launch date?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mjdancer

it seems like they take 6 months to complete the houses? because avenue is launched in april so if they going to deliver in November then its long time? is it normal or do they make it quicker also?

mjdancer wrote: »
    it seems like they take 6 months to complete the houses? because avenue is launched in april so if they going to deliver in November then its long time? is it normal or do they make it quicker also?

Depends, if you are gonna buy 5 bed, they have a few ready I guess. Grove is already under construction, so could be 3-4 months. I bought in laat week of March on Avenue so will be probably bd October or November as it was kind of greenfield then.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

I am in Grove. While the house released in June, the structure was halfway. Now, the struture seems complete. I dont think, it will be ready before Jan.
    Whats others think, once the external structure complete, how long it might take to complete internal finishes?

• Advertisement

jinish wrote: »
    I am in Grove. While the house released in June, the structure was halfway. Now, the struture seems complete. I dont think, it will be ready before Jan.
    Whats others think, once the external structure complete, how long it might take to complete internal finishes?

Yes I think they will try to complete and handover the houses in the order of sale so Avenue will have priority. Not sure if they have sold everything on Avenue. My friend bought on Avenue in March and they haven’t started even the structure yet. With Xmas coming in January will be realistic for Grove.

Yes I think they will try to complete and handover the houses in the order of sale so Avenue will have priority. Not sure if they have sold everything on Avenue. My friend bought on Avenue in March and they haven’t started even the structure yet. With Xmas coming in January will be realistic for Grove.

Thats strange. If they bought in March why its being delayed. Attaching our house status on last Sunday.
    6 month is realistic.

Thats strange. If they bought in March why its being delayed. Attaching our house status on last Sunday.
    6 month is realistic.

Because the poor guy has to wait until heavy materials and structures for your lane has been moved through the land allotted to his house.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MAT13

Any update regarding snagging on 9-13 HWR court? What is the expected key collection date for other houses on Court?

Hi ,

We are not number 9-13, I hope everyone has snagged at this stage!
    We had our snag 2 weeks ago and are waiting on a date for re-snagging but so far they haven’t contacted us .

Last update we had is that they are still awaiting some paper work , we weren’t told what exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 7 phgroo

We are not one of those and we did our snag today... but I could see them working on their backyard (9-13). Hopefully it will be soon!

phgroo wrote: »
    We are not one of those and we did our snag today... but I could see them working on their backyard (9-13). Hopefully it will be soon!

How did your snag go, anything significant?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 C6

House prices released by email by knight frank for next phase all house starting prices up another 5k minimum

3 beds starting at 365k (was 355k in feb release)
    4 beds starting at 400k
    5 beds starting at 555k

Yes mcpeak also share with similar prices.did anyone booked house yet? open viewing is on this saturday i guess. Most of the houses are on Grove.

C6 wrote: »
    House prices released by email by knight frank for next phase all house starting prices up another 5k minimum

3 beds starting at 365k (was 355k in feb release)
    4 beds starting at 400k
    5 beds starting at 555k

Do you know how many houses they released? are they on the avenue?

That's the release

• Advertisement

And I think the numbers are split between both agents

That's the release
    Can you please the link to the site plan you just shared in the attached image?

That's the release
    Can you please the link to the site plan you just shared in the attached image?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 phgroo

How did your snag go, anything significant?

It went well, overall. Nothing major, just the small things. The work should be done in a week, according to the foreman.

https://youtu.be/xhw7jzHJcXA new recent drone footage gone up its looking good.

Avenue a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shauntay

Are you waiting to snag in the court? 9-12 Are the only ones left to snag , apparently they are still sorting out the drainage for them

Shauntay wrote: »
    Are you waiting to snag in the court? 9-12 Are the only ones left to snag , apparently they are still sorting out the drainage for them

No, I am on Avenue. Once the court is completed they will move on to Ave. Are you on court?

Did any one went for open viewing today? How was the queue?

• Advertisement

mjdancer wrote: »
    Did any one went for open viewing today? How was the queue?

Popped in for a quick look at 1.30 lot of people around very busy so i just drove by

Advertisement