Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭frazenator

mjdancer wrote: »
    Did any one went for open viewing today? How was the queue?

I will probably go for a quick visit tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dhar

Hi All, Just discovered this forum and I am glad I did. I am on 56th on the Avenue, just curious if anybody heard about the snagging dates on the avenue recently? Also if there’s one particular snagging agent eveyone is going with?

dhar wrote: »
    Hi All, Just discovered this forum and I am glad I did. I am on 56th on the Avenue, just curious if anybody heard about the snagging dates on the avenue recently? Also if there’s one particular snagging agent eveyone is going with?

I met KF and McPeak at the show houses today as they sold most of the ones on offer this weekend. They were saying at the moment they are busy with court and hope that people will start moving in in next week or so. And after that they will start Ave. They didn’t give any dates and were also not sure about the ESB connections. Roads will probably be laid on Ave the week of 2nd September.

House numbers 60,61 and 70-75 on Avenue are not offered to sale yet (some body asked earlier this week).

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mjdancer

Hello Guys, Booked in grove yesterday. Possession is in first quarter of 2020. Long wait....Would love to know if anybody have booked on the grove recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Hello Guys, Booked in grove yesterday. Possession is in first quarter of 2020. Long wait....Would love to know if anybody have booked on the grove recently.
    Welcome to Grove!. We booked in June.

• Advertisement

Congratulations and good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 C6

Anyone called back in to re-snag in the court yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7 phgroo

C6 wrote: »
    Anyone called back in to re-snag in the court yet

We just got an email with the appointment for re-snagging on Monday next week.

Our house was snagged last Wednesday.

I hope it helps.

Thanks just got the email to resnag also ,not long now

Thanks C6 and phgroo.

Road laid on Avenue as well. 58,59 Ave - progressing well.

• Advertisement

Hello Guys,
    Usually how much time it will take to get contract from agents once we book house? also do we need to sign loan offer letter and contract at the same time? because bank is saying me that if i request loan offer early that might expire after sometime.

Hello Guys,
    Usually how much time it will take to get contract from agents once we book house? also do we need to sign loan offer letter and contract at the same time? because bank is saying me that if i request loan offer early that might expire after sometime.

TO GET CONTRACT: It varies, in my case it was 3 weeks, in some others it was 4, but some would have got it in 2 weeks as well.

OFFER LETTER: You wont be able to sign the contract unless you have an offer letter from Bank. Yes it expires. The best way to do it is get it closer to the time you are hoping to get the contract. Also even if it expires you can get a new one after submitting updated documents (payslips, bank statements).

I thought you were buying in by cash ;-)

frazenator wrote: »
    TO GET CONTRACT: It varies, in my case it was 3 weeks, in some others it was 4, but some would have got it in 2 weeks as well.

OFFER LETTER: You wont be able to sign the contract unless you have an offer letter from Bank. Yes it expires. The best way to do it is get it closer to the time you are hoping to get the contract. Also even if it expires you can get a new one after submitting updated documents (payslips, bank statements).

I thought you were buying in by cash ;-)

.Thanks alot for info @frazenator

cash!!!!!!ohhh my god i should be millionaire for that :D:D

De-snagged this morning signed off now house is complete

De-snagged this morning signed off now house is complete

That's great, Congrats. When you plan to move in? Who snagged your house?

That's great, Congrats. When you plan to move in? Who snagged your house?

Snagmyhouse done both i can't praise them enough they are made up of surveyors and engineers and the quality of the report was fantastic attic to shores out in the garden they left absolutely no stone unturned i had a 32 page report on the house within 48hrs from them

Highly recommended dont cheap out on your snag your spending hundreds of thousands a few hundred at the end is nothing.

On another note who are the bin suppliers in hwr is panda the only option ?

No date on keys id expect next friday funds have been sent over everythings done

Congrats. Surely one of the most stressful times of our life.

Snagmyhouse done both i can't praise them enough they are made up of surveyors and engineers and the quality of the report was fantastic attic to shores out in the garden they left absolutely no stone unturned i had a 32 page report on the house within 48hrs from them

Highly recommended dont cheap out on your snag your spending hundreds of thousands a few hundred at the end is nothing.

On another note who are the bin suppliers in hwr is panda the only option ?

No date on keys id expect next friday funds have been sent over everythings done

Thank you for the details and advise.

BIN SUPPLIERS: As long as I know Panda is the only suppliers for Hollywoodrath.

Road to HWR Court opened.

Does any one have any other updates on Court or Avenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shauntay

We're snagging on Friday in the court , we are one of the last four houses to snag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 phgroo

Thanks for the update.

We signed off yesterday on Court. All good!

We heard from the foreman that the remaining houses on Court will be invited for snag this week.

Hi Just wondering did anyone convert 4 bed's (A7)attic here? We would like to get it done before we move in. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 W.All

jinish wrote: »
    Hi Just wondering did anyone convert 4 bed's (A7)attic here? We would like to get it done before we move in. Any thoughts?
    I am curious to know too, if anyone has insight on costs and recommendations for Attic conversion please share. I have seen couple of videos where loft in HWR where converted.

Get in touch with MaxHome, they just converted one last week in HWR ave.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

Hi There,

Has anyone implemented any water softeners in their home? I'd ideally like to have it in place before we move it but I'd like to get an understanding of people's experience with the process, namely what works were required to get it installed, cost, providers and any advice you'd give to someone doing the same thing.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lynnsz

Out of interest, has anyone who is awaiting a house been given any update of timeline? On the avenue, drive or 5 beds? Hope everyone in the Court is settling in well.

lynnsz wrote: »
    Out of interest, has anyone who is awaiting a house been given any update of timeline? On the avenue, drive or 5 beds? Hope everyone in the Court is settling in well.

Heard that majority of the Ave to be called for snag in October. I believe the people on the drive have all moved in except the one sold recently on the right. Some of the houses on ave have not been offered to sell yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 curlex

Hi Everyone,

I'm glad to hear that many of you have already moved in! We are having an issues that we are trying to sort out, our utility room layout was changed due to plumping constraints, and the room is not longer a perfect square/rectangle. Did anyone have anything like this happen? This left us with a an L-Shape in the utility to fit appliances and a smaller space to work with. :(

curlex wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I'm glad to hear that many of you have already moved in! We are having an issues that we are trying to sort out, our utility room layout was changed due to plumping constraints, and the room is not longer a perfect square/rectangle. Did anyone have anything like this happen? This left us with a an L-Shape in the utility to fit appliances and a smaller space to work with. :(

Hi Curlex,

I have'nt heard anything like this before. Are'nt they supposed to deliver everything as per plan? If not what legal rights you have got?

Thanks,

• Advertisement

Hello Guys, I have one query regarding signing contract. We need to sign the contract within 21 days or else i will not get appliances but Bank is delaying loan offer letter now? Will that impact my 21 day period signing timeline? if it goes beyond 21 days will builder give me appliances? had anyone gone through this situation?

Advertisement