Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 W.All

mjdancer wrote: »
    Hello Guys, I have one query regarding signing contract. We need to sign the contract within 21 days or else i will not get appliances but Bank is delaying loan offer letter now? Will that impact my 21 day period signing timeline? if it goes beyond 21 days will builder give me appliances? had anyone gone through this situation?
    Talk to your solicitor they will be able to negotiate that for you with the builder solicitor. I had similar issues and was resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 curlex

frazenator wrote: »
    Hi Curlex,

I have'nt heard anything like this before. Are'nt they supposed to deliver everything as per plan? If not what legal rights you have got?

Thanks,

Yeah it's pretty disheartening. They are refusing to make any changes or compensate us. The fact that there was a change where they had to box that area, to hide pipes or whatever, is just unacceptable. They had architectural plans and they should have accounted for all of this, I can't really understand why we have to accept it as a fact and live with it.
    I've done some research and it looks like this happens when buying off of plans and builders make sure the contract is in their favour, to tweak and make changes as they see fit without any legal repercussions

We will see, but it looks like we may have to succomb and accept it, truly unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nedyaj

curlex wrote: »
    Yeah it's pretty disheartening. They are refusing to make any changes or compensate us. The fact that there was a change where they had to box that area, to hide pipes or whatever, is just unacceptable. They had architectural plans and they should have accounted for all of this, I can't really understand why we have to accept it as a fact and live with it.
    I've done some research and it looks like this happens when buying off of plans and builders make sure the contract is in their favour, to tweak and make changes as they see fit without any legal repercussions

We will see, but it looks like we may have to succomb and accept it, truly unfair.

Did you discuss this with your solicitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lynnsz

Curlex, what house type did you buy? Is the house finished already? Have they sent you a plan of the resolution? I work in architecture and they should work on a solution with you (morally speaking) rather than a like it or lump it attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Hello Guys, I have one query regarding signing contract. We need to sign the contract within 21 days or else i will not get appliances but Bank is delaying loan offer letter now? Will that impact my 21 day period signing timeline? if it goes beyond 21 days will builder give me appliances? had anyone gone through this situation?

To be honest it’s a tool to move you along, you should be fine if you communicate with them. The appliances are already in and fitted to each house, it’d cost them more to pull them out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭frazenator

Get the time through your solicitors. And read my PM again as I already explained this to you I guess.

Nedyaj wrote: »
    Did you discuss this with your solicitor?

Yes, they are working with the builders solicitor. I hope we hear some news soon, we sent a letter last Friday, and waiting for an update on what they will say.

lynnsz wrote: »
    Curlex, what house type did you buy? Is the house finished already? Have they sent you a plan of the resolution? I work in architecture and they should work on a solution with you (morally speaking) rather than a like it or lump it attitude.

We bought in the court type A6. They haven't sent us anything about a resolution, just that there was an unexpected increase in the services or something like that. We're holding tight to see if they will be more cooperative. We've sent a letter on Friday after our first communication about the change.

So you think this should be resolved somehow?
    Either fixing it or compensation if they can't fix it?
    Has anyone faced a similar situation before?

We bought in the court type A6. They haven't sent us anything about a resolution, just that there was an unexpected increase in the services or something like that. We're holding tight to see if they will be more cooperative. We've sent a letter on Friday after our first communication about the change.

So you think this should be resolved somehow?
    Either fixing it or compensation if they can't fix it?
    Has anyone faced a similar situation before?
    So you haven’t signed off on the snag?
    To be honest... houses are repetitive and you would not have an increase in services. It sounds like someone made a mistake. From the looks of it on your plan, the soil pipe from upstairs comes down from the en-suite and through your utility room. I’d imagine they cast it in the wrong place in the slab and that’s what the issue is. In that case, at this stage they can’t really do anything other than work on another solution which it sounds like they have. Does the utility room work with the new layout? Sounds like they put in more storage presses as a result. Do you need the extra floor space that was there before? If you do, ask them to put the washer dryer on the back wall instead and that should free up the space they used by putting in an L-shape arrangement. Personally speaking, I’d much rather the extra storage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MAT13

Hi everyone ,

Please does anyone have the colour name and brand for the paint used on the walls

Thank you

• Advertisement

MAT13 wrote: »
    Hi everyone ,

Please does anyone have the colour name and brand for the paint used on the walls

Thank you

Its called Comfort White from Fleetwood Paints north park Depot (also mention Ruthfield or T.Matt, the sticker I am looking at is dated 01-05-2018)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MAT13

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dhar

Hi All,

Did anyone on the avenue hear about when the snagging will begin?, we should be the next batch to be called I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ciarcas

Hi, I snagged my house on the Avenue today.. I'm the houses to the right and according to the foreman the houses on the opposite side will be called next week.

quote="dhar;111398723"]Hi All,

Did anyone on the avenue hear about when the snagging will begin?, we should be the next batch to be called I believe.[/quote]

Ciarcas wrote: »
    Hi, I snagged my house on the Avenue today.. I'm the houses to the right and according to the foreman the houses on the opposite side will be called next week.

quote="dhar;111398723"]Hi All,

Did anyone on the avenue hear about when the snagging will begin?, we should be the next batch to be called I believe.
    [/quote]
    Same here we snagged our house on the 1st of October. Our house is in the Avenue north facing side.

dhar wrote: »
    Hi All,

I’m on the opposite side of the avenue as well. Did not hear anything. I have to contact Bridie and was given a date more or less 30th of November.

Good to hear that snagging on avenue is started.
    Did the snagging guy find a lot of issues?

We snagged today on the south side as well. waiting for the snagger's report. Overall it was'nt too bad.

I asked about the north side and the foreman said because they are building the 58/59 at the moment its not possible to do the garden until major work of 58/59 is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mjdancer

Hello Guys,

Just a quick query. We went to sign contract yesterday and in the contract they have not mentioned any kind of land size like built up or garden size so how should we know that we will get exactly same size 121 sq.meter built up area as advertised in the release? any one got less than what has been adverstised?

Hi Guys,

We have received an update. A very disappointing one, the builders are refusing to do anything with the layout change in the utility room. Just wanted to update everyone. :(

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

We have received an update. A very disappointing one, the builders are refusing to do anything with the layout change in the utility room. Just wanted to update everyone. :(

Thanks

sorry to hear that. Really not something ideal. But as somebody mentioned above if it gives you extra storage thats not a bad trade off.

Hello Guys,

Just a quick query. We went to sign contract yesterday and in the contract they have not mentioned any kind of land size like built up or garden size so how should we know that we will get exactly same size 121 sq.meter built up area as advertised in the release? any one got less than what has been adverstised?

They dont mention the land size or dont give the room sizes either. I didnt like that either. Your banks requirs a valuation report and they measure the total size. You can also do that on completion. We snagged this Wednesday and I thought the room sizes were significantly smaller than the firsht phase of HWR though they were advertised as 120sqm. But this could only be the case with me. My valuer in his valuation to the bank has mentioned its 121sqm. I did'not mesured the wholw house, just the area for flooring. I am thinking of calling the agent by they will probably say, every house is different....

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mjdancer

frazenator wrote: »
    They dont mention the land size or dont give the room sizes either. I didnt like that either. Your banks requirs a valuation report and they measure the total size. You can also do that on completion. We snagged this Wednesday and I thought the room sizes were significantly smaller than the firsht phase of HWR though they were advertised as 120sqm. But this could only be the case with me. My valuer in his valuation to the bank has mentioned its 121sqm. I did'not mesured the wholw house, just the area for flooring. I am thinking of calling the agent by they will probably say, every house is different....

Yes this is really strange. If the size is smaller that advertised its really hard to prove because its not written in contract. Lets see how much they give. Thanks for giving your thoughts on this.

Wondering if everyone snagged on the Avenue and whether any re-snag invites received so far. Anyone got news?

Our house is on the Court side on Avenue and we have not been called for snagging yet.

dhar wrote: »
    Our house is on the Court side on Avenue and we have not been called for snagging yet.
    We are on the south side of the avenue, I know many received invite for snagging the week of October 1st and currently waiting for re-snag (been told it take 7-10 days) to address the issues reported in the first snag.
    Not sure about the northern side for houses 52-57. Did anyone snagged?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ciarcas

I re-snagged and signed off on Friday 11th October

Ciarcas wrote: »
    I re-snagged and signed off on Friday 11th October

Delighted for you. Hopefully they will call us soon too to snag.

Hi All,

By any chance, is there a WhatsApp group or anything like that for new residents or existing residents in Hollywoodrath? Would be interested in joining if there is.
    If not, PM me and we could try set one up for people to share updates, snag issues, numbers of tradesmen used etc. Or anything else that may be helpful.

• Advertisement

lynnsz wrote: »
    Hi All,

By any chance, is there a WhatsApp group or anything like that for new residents or existing residents in Hollywoodrath? Would be interested in joining if there is.
    If not, PM me and we could try set one up for people to share updates, snag issues, numbers of tradesmen used etc. Or anything else that may be helpful.

There is a Whatsapp group for the current resident which is used only for issues that need immediate attention. There is a Facebook page as well for sharing related stuff, asking questions etc.

I tried to set up a WhatsApp group couple of months ago for the people waiting on homes, snags, flooring etc. But did not got a good response, only 4 of us are in touch on that group.

Advertisement