Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

frazenator wrote: »
    No, HWR would have terraced houses as well in new release. you can see the plans on the Finglas planning permission site and they have already started building bases for those on the back of Way and Ave.

Cool - that is a change alright. I guess they think they can get a better margin out of it now it's going into nearby developments.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 C6

Probably a bit pointless posting here as it will reach such small numbers ( maybe someone would be nice enough to post on hwr facebook page)

Can people watch out for baby rabbits early in the morning or late at night when driving through the estate a lot of baby rabbits cross the road once darkness falls and once they hear a car approaching they all run back across to the bay meadows side just slow down to at least 10mph its heartbreaking seeing dead rabbits on the road every morning

Slow down when coming through the estate please give them a chance to make it across the road especially up around after the playground they cross between that and the bay meadows field side

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭frazenator

C6 wrote: »
    Probably a bit pointless posting here as it will reach such small numbers ( maybe someone would be nice enough to post on hwr facebook page)

Can people watch out for baby rabbits early in the morning or late at night when driving through the estate a lot of baby rabbits cross the road once darkness falls and once they hear a car approaching they all run back across to the bay meadows side just slow down to at least 10mph its heartbreaking seeing dead rabbits on the road every morning

Slow down when coming through the estate please give them a chance to make it across the road especially up around after the playground they cross between that and the bay meadows field side

Thanks

I believe you live in HWR and probably a member of Facebook HWR group as well. If not this point was raised already last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 C6

I believe you live in HWR and probably a member of Facebook HWR group as well. If not this point was raised already last week.

Never had facebook otherwise why would i ask ?

Anyway thanks for letting me know.

Okay, no worries.

I actually myself came late on Wednesday night and there were quiet a few rabbits on the way back and so I reduced my speed accordingly.

Thanks for highlighting this for the group.

• Advertisement

C6 are you in Residents WhatsApp group? If not I can get you added if you live in HWR. Plz let me know..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MAT13

Hi Everyone, i hope that everyone is getting on well.

Please I have a question regarding the size of the sitting room windows, has anybody know by any chance which size curtains would be suitable?

Thank you,

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

Hi All,

We've just moved into The Drive before Christmas, a couple of bits of advice to any buyers who haven't finished their snag yet

1) We had an issue with our hot tap on the bath leaking, only noticed it when we took the first bath about a week after we moved in and the next morning their was a wet patch on the ceiling. It's being resolved now but a word of advice would be to run all water sources (bath, showers, taps etc.) and leave them run while you do your snag, then when you come back for the second snag, make sure there is no water damage anywhere.

2) The waste water pipe on our dishwasher wasn't sealed on the threads correctly. Luckily I always check all visible water connections when I run something for the first time and I was able to fix it, but maybe run the dishwasher on a quick rinse cycle when you do your first snag too.

3) Ask if you can get the skirting cut to size but not attached. We put in tiles and flooring in the bottom floor and had to take off all the skirting to avoid using Scotia beading. The flooring is now done, but I had to pay another carpenter to come in and reattach the skirting and I have to touch up all the painting and seal it again myself so would recommend just not getting the boards attached.

Apart from those minor issues, the build quality is excellent and we're very happy with our new home.

Could someone please add me to the WhatsApp group?

Thanks!

Shades799 wrote: »
    Hi All,

We've just moved into The Drive before Christmas, a couple of bits of advice to any buyers who haven't finished their snag yet

1) We had an issue with our hot tap on the bath leaking, only noticed it when we took the first bath about a week after we moved in and the next morning their was a wet patch on the ceiling. It's being resolved now but a word of advice would be to run all water sources (bath, showers, taps etc.) and leave them run while you do your snag, then when you come back for the second snag, make sure there is no water damage anywhere.

2) The waste water pipe on our dishwasher wasn't sealed on the threads correctly. Luckily I always check all visible water connections when I run something for the first time and I was able to fix it, but maybe run the dishwasher on a quick rinse cycle when you do your first snag too.

3) Ask if you can get the skirting cut to size but not attached. We put in tiles and flooring in the bottom floor and had to take off all the skirting to avoid using Scotia beading. The flooring is now done, but I had to pay another carpenter to come in and reattach the skirting and I have to touch up all the painting and seal it again myself so would recommend just not getting the boards attached.

Apart from those minor issues, the build quality is excellent and we're very happy with our new home.

Could someone please add me to the WhatsApp group?

Thanks!

Please PM your number and I will get you added on WhatsApp group..

MAT13 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, i hope that everyone is getting on well.

Please I have a question regarding the size of the sitting room windows, has anybody know by any chance which size curtains would be suitable?

Thank you,

Depends on the kind of house? I can send you for B2 type.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 MAT13

Depends on the kind of house? I can send you for B2 type.

Yes please, will really appreciate that .

MAT13 wrote: »
    Yes please, will really appreciate that .

Width 97
    Drop 68 3/4
    These are recess measurements in inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KateKate Kate

Hi, is there any reason, (location, airplane noice, school issuea, wet ground etc) why people moving out from HWR and selling houses after year or two...? Hmm

Hi, is there any reason, (location, airplane noice, school issuea, wet ground etc) why people moving out from HWR and selling houses after year or two...? Hmm

Most of the sales I’ve seen have been people in for two-three, coming up on four years. Still very few but for example one person advertised their home to other residents and said they were moving country for work, so to be honest I’d suspect personal circumstances. The houses themselves are really good if you’re moving up from older build. Haven’t heard any particular complaints from residents about anything that’s driving anyone out (and, as windgate the other bin day proved, people will moan when there’s something they don’t like.)

Lot of units, people are bound to sell. Also bear in mind they can make a tidy profit on the houses - a three bed semi is selling now for what a four bed detached cost when people bought. Maybe some folks are trading up by moving further out and getting more house for their profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 leannekinsella

Hi, I’m new to HWR and would love to join the what’s app group if it’s still running. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mjdancer

Please message me your number I will add you to the group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Iana HolywoodRath

Hello, can you please add me to the what's up group as well, we just bought a house at HolywoodRath avenue :)

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 26 paulholly20?

Hi there,

Could somebody invite me to the WhatsApp group.
    I’m looking to purchase on the next phase release.
    Looking for some perspective from existing residents on schools, social aspects.
    I believe there where some social issues, in adjacent tyrellstown, has this had any impact on Hollywoodrath. How active the residents association is?
    What’s the perspective on the land reserved for the dept of education? And the new bay meadows neighbors

Hi there,

Looking for some perspective from existing residents on schools, social aspects.
    I believe there where some social issues, in adjacent tyrellstown, has this had any impact on Hollywoodrath. How active the residents association is?
    What’s the perspective on the land reserved for the dept of education? And the new bay meadows neighbors

WhatsApp group is for emergencies, Facebook group is what you're looking for.

To answer some of your questions...

Schools - There's plenty of provision around, both national and educate together. There's also land zoned for another school in the area if the existing ones aren't enough to meet the demand. Also planning permission within the estate on a plot of land set aside for a creche, tho I'm not sure anyone has taken up on developing it yet.

No major hassle from next door and to be honest no major hassle when you pop in to the shops that are there either, dead handy actually. Occasionally you might get some teenagers wandering over to the green in the estate and kicking over a bin on their way out, but it's infrequent and to be honest I think universal in any estate.

No idea re new estates, but I'd imagine given the pricepoint is fairly similar to HWR that you're going to see more of the same: First time buyers, young families, very decent people.

Thanks Nijmegen,

Understand re: whatsapp group.
    It's good to get some resident insight. I certainly like the sense of space in the estate, so many others are very claustrophobic I feel. I have been in several times, not a whole lot of people out and about, however that's probably more a reflection on the weather recently.
    What's the general behavior in the estate during better weather. Are kids out playing families out and about? We've 2 kids ourselves 5 and 7.

Amenities - I imagine the golf course is a bit of a loss, and the clubhouse?
    Did I read somewhere Sweeney's in Kilbride run a shuttle bus back and forth?
    Are there any bus routes that link up to Blanchardstown?
    I was in the estate last week, I know people in the forum had issues with aircraft noise. When I was there I noticed several passing over, but didn't seem too loud, what's the general impression?
    Are there any community initiatives, sports, social events etc?
    Has anyone tried the Carlton hotel, restaurant and bar?

Schools - is there any insight the Le Cheile Secondary School? It looks like an impressive facility.
    I was looking at the college progression stats from 2019 leaving cert 14 out of 40 progressed to main colleges. Not incredibly impressive, but early days for the school.
    (ww.schooldays.ie/sch/le-cheile-secondary-school-rollnumber-68083N/college-progression)

Is there a good sense of community, active residents? people looking out for one another.

Sorry, to hit you with lots of questions.

• Advertisement

No problem, happy to discuss.
    Thanks Nijmegen,

It's good to get some resident insight. I certainly like the sense of space in the estate, so many others are very claustrophobic I feel. I have been in several times, not a whole lot of people out and about, however that's probably more a reflection on the weather recently.
    What's the general behavior in the estate during better weather. Are kids out playing families out and about? We've 2 kids ourselves 5 and 7.

During good weather there's plenty of people and kids using the park and playground. If I want a big walk I tend to drive over to St Catherine's Park, which is a short distance. Everyone is friendly and it's a nice atmosphere.

To be honest I didn't really like the golf course for food or a drink, but yes Sweeney's is an excellent pub and regularly drops people up and down. Great food during the day also, up and downstairs. Their carvery is AAA.

There are buses running from Tyrrelstown down to the Blanch center and then directly beside us there's the 40E, which runs to Broombridge to connect you to the Luas and Maynooth/City train line.

I was in the estate last week, I know people in the forum had issues with aircraft noise. When I was there I noticed several passing over, but didn't seem too loud, what's the general impression?

The houses are well insulated and you get used to it, I don't really hear them at all.

Few people are quite active in the Tyrrelstown GAA, but I'm not one for mixing really so haven't got up to much besides.
    It's alright, Sweeneys is better.
    Schools - is there any insight the Le Cheile Secondary School? It looks like an impressive facility.
    I was looking at the college progression stats from 2019 leaving cert 14 out of 40 progressed to main colleges. Not incredibly impressive, but early days for the school.
    (ww.schooldays.ie/sch/le-cheile-secondary-school-rollnumber-68083N/college-progression)

I can't offer an informed opinion on this I'm afraid! As well as the schools there I'm aware there's a good one in Kilbride also that people report sending their kids to.
    Is there a good sense of community, active residents? people looking out for one another.

Yeah I think people are pretty sound and they respond to the rare incidents that occur quite quickly. Usual rules apply, you'll have some people moaning about a WhatsApp post about some teenagers kicking over a bin because it wasn't their bin and therefore not an emergency, but otherwise all good.

It's a nice area, the houses are great (particularly if you haven't lived in an A rated home before) and I'm 100% happy since moving in.

Facebook group is only for residents. If you haven’t bought it yet you should discuss on this forum. If you have bought it I can add you to one of the groups with recent movers or people waiting on their houses.
    Hi there,

Facebook group is only for residents. If you haven’t bought it yet you should discuss on this forum. If you have bought it I can add you to one of the groups with recent movers or people waiting on their houses.

Thanks frazenator,
    Totally understand, do you have any insight my questions nice to get more views.

Also, are houses set up for any of the major tv/broadband providers?
    I.e Sky/Virgin are there any limitations you are aware of.

Also, seen recent plans of Glenveagh being rejected on the golf course.
    Is it expected that the will intend to build on the entire course?

Cheers

Thanks frazenator,
    Totally understand, do you have any insight my questions nice to get more views.

Also, are houses set up for any of the major tv/broadband providers?
    I.e Sky/Virgin are there any limitations you are aware of.

Also, seen recent plans of Glenveagh being rejected on the golf course.
    Is it expected that the will intend to build on the entire course?

Cheers

Re utilities, no hassle with sky and virgin have their fiber broadband in so its quite fast.

Anyone's guess re planning and Glenveagh. I would say they will look to develop the entire thing, but to be honest this entire area is slated for lots and lots of development with all the infrastructure already provided, commercial and domestic, so don't be surprised (or moan, to be honest) if you move in and see quite a few building sites along with airplanes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MegaC

Hi,

I have recently bought a house in Hollywoodrath Avenue. Please could you add me to the watsapp group as I might need some help regarding snag, flooring, Attic Conversion, service providers for internet and security services. Thanks

Thanks Nijmegen,

Hi Paulholly,

Apologies for being late in respongind. Here are my short answers,

- Yes I think Golf course is gone and I would certainly have liked it to be there but cant do muc.
    - The first phase of the development was probably best in terms of the roads and other green areas space but the even the latest phases are the comparatively for better than other developments in the the Dublin 15 and other areas in Dublin.
    - Aircraft noise can be an issue for some but I have lived in the Phase one for over two years and now in newer phase, I personally dont find this to be a probelm. You get used to it. I lived in Portmarnock before and the air noise was there as well.
    - Yes GAA is one of them, then NAC is another with so many sports options. A friend of mine trying to build a small group of people who can play football once or twice a week. I heard that a new cricket stadium to be built close to NAC.
    -The thing I like about the area is that everything around is new (except tyrellestown). Schools, nearby housing developments, even the gas station ;-)
    -No I have not tried the hotel resturant yet.
    - The high school as long as I know is fairly new not older than 1-2 years.
    -Yes, good community, we have a closed FB page for residents, a Hollywoodrath exclusive homemade food takeaway, Whatsapp group for emergenciies etc. Most of the people have atleast one friend living in the estae.

Thanks,

MegaC wrote: »
    Hi,

I have recently bought a house in Hollywoodrath Avenue. Please could you add me to the watsapp group as I might need some help regarding snag, flooring, Attic Conversion, service providers for internet and security services. Thanks
    Please PM your details.

Just a heads up many probably seen
    Large traveller camp at the roundabout at Pallas foods

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Ahaaaa that's why there were so many up in my job last night. I was wondering.

• Advertisement

Regular visitors. They're the reason every free space along that road has big ugly concrete blocks dropped on them. They leave the place an awful state. Thankfully Glenveigh are building on-site nearby the schools, the last few times they were in that field they burned rubbish every few days and it's not nice on warm evenings when you want to keep your windows open.

Advertisement