Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Casper784 wrote: »
    Hi I am buying 4 bed detached house but knight frank has nothing to show 4 bed detached.they showed me 4 bed semi ? Anyone comment abt 4 bed Detached differences,room sizes etc also area to live ?comments /help highly appreciated.

I think the room sizes are pretty standard when you compare a house of X square foot to another, look at the plans in the brochure. The detached homes are all the A rated stuff you love minus a party wall to listen to your neighbors, that's the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Casper784

Nijmegen wrote: »
    I think the room sizes are pretty standard when you compare a house of X square foot to another, look at the plans in the brochure. The detached homes are all the A rated stuff you love minus a party wall to listen to your neighbors, that's the difference.

Would u comment abt area to live with small kids /schools /croeach near by.highly appreciated any help

Casper784 wrote: »
    Would u comment abt area to live with small kids /schools /croeach near by.highly appreciated any help

Plenty of schools and I believe a crèche being built at present around the estate. The estate is full of young families.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Archie2020

Hi All,

Can anyone advise around social housing in hollywoodrath please? Is there any social housing in the area ? Am planning on putting a deposit down on a house in hollywoodrath soon and am just doing my research ��

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Archie2020 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Can anyone advise around social housing in hollywoodrath please? Is there any social housing in the area ? Am planning on putting a deposit down on a house in hollywoodrath soon and am just doing my research ��

Thank you.

Yes there are social housing units in Hollywoodrath. I can't advise where but there are definitely units.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 AM6441

Hi,

Potential future buyer here. Really like the estate, but paid a visit late on Friday evening and drove through the estate and have to say I was absolutely shocked at the amount of rubbish blowing around the estate and in particular just by the park, it seems two or three bags of household rubbish dumped at the side of the road. I understand that nowhere is ever completely and totally litter free, but for a new estate to have so much is really disappointing to see - doesn't bode well for the future! Can anybody here who is resident explain if this has been an issue in the estate?

I know it was mentioned by previous person in this thread - but the landscaping is so nice at either entrance and the park too, but in the middle, it is really quite poor! Even the grass on the pathways through the avenue are in very poor conditions. It seems also that there is a shortage of street lighting on the main road through the estate just past the park - completely dark in parts. Incredible to see such a massive difference between different parts of the same road - even the tree planting (where they have bothered to) is completely random in some parts. It doesn't exactly hold up to what they've advertised in the brochure of impressive landscaping!

Also - the above person who mentioned about the poor condition of the grass area opposite the 4 bed show houses - I noted this also previously. The gardens of the show houses were not clean and full of rubbish when I paid a quick visit recently. Surprised the EA or someone hasn't thought about how poorly this reflects to potential buyers.

Any comments from current residents on the above would be appreciated!

Apparently someone dumped bags of rubbish beside the park. Unlikely to be a resident, I'd say, and rare enough it happens. The residents group indicated some surprise at it alright.

As for the landscaping, as I mentioned above I think we can all agree it's ok rather than great. Personally I always enjoyed living inside my house and appreciating the price per square foot advantages to elsewhere in it, but each to their own. I'm looking across the road at Bellingsmore and think to myself that they look a lot more cramped together than in HWR for example, and even if they had great landscaping that wouldn't be my thing. So ups and downs.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

Hi

Just paid booking deposit on a house in hwr green. Has anyone on here bought in the last few phases during covid times? They've said the green will be ready to move in around March. I'm just wondering how accurate the final date was or if there were many delays

• Registered Users Posts: 26 paulholly20?

085andym wrote: »
    Hi

Just paid booking deposit on a house in hwr green. Has anyone on here bought in the last few phases during covid times? They've said the green will be ready to move in around March. I'm just wondering how accurate the final date was or if there were many delays

We’ve a deposit on the green too fiche cuig
    Have been watching progress for most of year, the “close” was supposedly to be occupied by June, but lockdown scuppered that. I’ve seen “close” residents only move in a couple of weeks ago. Allegedly there were some administrative delays with Fingal signing off. Again because of staff working remotely.
    We were told green will be ready late this year, then Jan/Feb. Now you’ve been told March. That said, build process seems to be motoring quickly for the last month or 2.

On the bright side.
    Dublin GAA have purchased 23 acres of the golf course, they plan to build a centre of excellence on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bruno84

We’ve a deposit on the green too fiche cuig
    Have been watching progress for most of year, the “close” was supposedly to be occupied by June, but lockdown scuppered that. I’ve seen “close” residents only move in a couple of weeks ago. Allegedly there were some administrative delays with Fingal signing off. Again because of staff working remotely.
    We were told green will be ready late this year, then Jan/Feb. Now you’ve been told March. That said, build process seems to be motoring quickly for the last month or 2.

On the bright side.
    Dublin GAA have purchased 23 acres of the golf course, they plan to build a centre of excellence on the site

Hi paulholly20,

May i ask how long you had to sign contracts after placing deposit on the Green? Also Did the estate agent offer any extensions to sign? If you could let me know how it worked for you as i'm trying to push out the signing of contracts to avail of full HTB in January.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I have visited the site over the last couple of weeks and note there are c. 8 houses(A7 style) on the ‘close’ with the exact same flooring and identical furniture in the sitting rooms. Does anybody know what is the situation with these houses?

Are they being prepared as show homes? It just seems like a lot of show homes for the same style house.

Or is there a deal on the furniture?

Thanks in advance
    Bruno

Bruno84 wrote: »
    Hi paulholly20,

May i ask how long you had to sign contracts after placing deposit on the Green? Also Did the estate agent offer any extensions to sign? If you could let me know how it worked for you as i'm trying to push out the signing of contracts to avail of full HTB in January.

Thanks

Sounds like my scenario might be different, we’re selling and then buying in HWR. And they were happy to work with us, we had to provide proof of savings and how we’d planned on bringing the deal home.
    What I would recommend is have an open discussion with the agent, and explain the benefit of waiting a few weeks for you.
    Based on their feedback, you can then make an informed decision. Obviously from the agent perspective they are trying to get funds in for their client, as quickly as possible. If you can demonstrate your plan and why they may be willing to work with you.

Hi everyone,

I have visited the site over the last couple of weeks and note there are c. 8 houses(A7 style) on the ‘close’ with the exact same flooring and identical furniture in the sitting rooms. Does anybody know what is the situation with these houses?

Are they being prepared as show homes? It just seems like a lot of show homes for the same style house.

Or is there a deal on the furniture?

Thanks in advance
    Bruno

I noticed that, that’s a question for the agents. They know who’s going into what unit.
    Either an investor, a group of people bulk buying.
    There’s only one small phase after the current batch, I’d be surprised if they’re show homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

Speculating, but from my previous observations in other new build estates they have been likely bulk bought by REITs or Council housing (Council directly or other housing agency).

I have bought and lived in a new build estate (since moved) and this was the case for furnished/floored properties. Same as in other neighboring estates to where we are now. Not to stir up arguments, but IMO they would be the ones to avoid getting stuck in the middle of. Again, speaking from a still burning experience.

A resident pointed out recently that this crowd Occu has bought a number of units for renting - https://occu.ie/locations/occu-hollywoodrath/

They seem to be looking for €2,100 - €2,300 per month for the rental of 3 or 4 bed.

Detected a bit of "What's this now?" from some, but personally I don't mind rentals in the area. Most of the folks in HWR are FTBs and weren't living under bridges before buying.

And as regards the other big question that always gets asked, "what about the social housing?" Provision for social housing is the law of the land and we do have a homelessness problem people like to complain about when they hear stories of kids living in hotels. Well, this is how you solve that.

But it looks like that Occu crowd are looking to rent to professionals working in the industrial parks nearby at that kind of rent.

Thanks for all the responses, that just about clears that up!

Can I ask anyone who has purchased in HWR if you are informed of any potential social housing or rentals in the proximity of your home? Is this something that the EA should be upfront about when selling you a property?

Given the number of these property’s allocated for renting on the ‘close’ I feel it would be necessary for the EA to update you on same, no?

Thanks again for all the information so far, it is a really good forum answering many of my questions!

Can I ask anyone who has purchased in HWR if you are informed of any potential social housing or rentals in the proximity of your home? Is this something that the EA should be upfront about when selling you a property?

Given the number of these property’s allocated for renting on the ‘close’ I feel it would be necessary for the EA to update you on same, no?

Thanks again for all the information so far, it is a really good forum answering many of my questions!

As far as I am aware there is no legal obligation on an EA to tell you who has bought what. And EAs are masters of dissembling even when asked direct questions. And I'm actually not sure it would be ethical to tell you which homes (and therefore which residents) are in social housing programmes as it really isn't any of your business whether an individual is supported by welfare or not. For all you or I know, the social provision has been placed in another estate (something that does occur) or has been spread around in various units throughout and already some folks are happily living there on social housing unnoticed, because the majority of people in social housing are not burning the place down.

As far as I am aware there is no legal obligation on an EA to tell you who has bought what. And EAs are masters of dissembling even when asked direct questions. And I'm actually not sure it would be ethical to tell you which homes (and therefore which residents) are in social housing programmes as it really isn't any of your business whether an individual is supported by welfare or not. For all you or I know, the social provision has been placed in another estate (something that does occur) or has been spread around in various units throughout and already some folks are happily living there on social housing unnoticed, because the majority of people in social housing are not burning the place down.

I appreciate where you are coming from but when it comes to rental properties I would not like idea of having new neighbours every 12 months and would prefer to have neighbours that I know are going to be living there for a long time rather than thinking who’s coming to live here next?

I appreciate where you are coming from but when it comes to rental properties I would not like idea of having new neighbours every 12 months and would prefer to have neighbours that I know are going to be living there for a long time rather than thinking who’s coming to live here next?

Build a house in a field somewhere would be my recommendation. A few doors up from me a small time landlord bought to rent, no problems but I reckon I'd prefer a company doing it. Another neigbhor moved and let their place out. And in a previous estate I lived in, the nice couple next door sold to a raging alcoholic and her ASBO son, and if only we knew they were on a short lease! HWR is mostly FTBs and small families and it seems the company looking to let is operating at the premium price-point of €700 per room and I reckon that's the best you can hope for.

Build a house in a field somewhere would be my recommendation. A few doors up from me a small time landlord bought to rent, no problems but I reckon I'd prefer a company doing it. Another neigbhor moved and let their place out. And in a previous estate I lived in, the nice couple next door sold to a raging alcoholic and her ASBO son, and if only we knew they were on a short lease! HWR is mostly FTBs and small families and it seems the company looking to let is operating at the premium price-point of €700 per room and I reckon that's the best you can hope for.

Hahahaha! Appreciate the insights and personal view of the area. Really enjoying this forum, it’s great to have such good community spirit. Thanks again

• Advertisement

I’ve seen quite a few of the existing houses have attic conversions.
    Has anyone here got it done? Rough estimate on costing? Recommendations of contractors who are doing conversions in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dasaievcastro

Hi,

I bought a house on Hollywoodrath place and they said that the snag will be available between January and February. Does anyone bought a house there and could confirm this date? For you that are living near "close" and "place" streets can you share the current status?

Thank you.

Hi,

I bought a house on Hollywoodrath place and they said that the snag will be available between January and February. Does anyone bought a house there and could confirm this date? For you that are living near "close" and "place" streets can you share the current status?

Thank you.

The ‘close’ residents have moved in over the last couple of weeks. The ‘place’ looks ready from the outside, no scaffolds etc but could be still waiting on electricity, heating etc

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭steve2012

Occu actually have an image of the homes they own In the newer area of Hwr for rent. Photo attached for you.

steve2012 wrote: »
    Occu actually have an image of the homes they own In the newer area of Hwr for rent. Photo attached for you.

Thanks for that. That’s quite a few. I was wondering why there had been no 4 bed semi detached released over the last few releases but it makes sense now.

Email response from Occu today:

Thank you for your email. In relation to your query, Occu is a professional landlord with almost 1,200 residential units under management and aimed at the rental market across Dublin.

We have a selection of homes available to rent in the Hollywoodrath estate.

All of our properties are aimed at families, couples and other professional workers but we do not discriminate against any applicant. We have a very detailed process for vetting applications and suitability. If you visit our website (www.occu.ie), you will see that our properties are generally aimed at a specific demographic. We put a lot of thought and attention to detail into our properties with a high standard of fit-out expense not usually seen in the rental market. We take great pride in our houses and expect our residents to do so also. Hollywoodrath is no different.

Our aim is to make sure that our properties and residents fit in and integrate with the community at our locations. Our properties are often the most well kept within an estate as we provide year round landscaping, window cleaning etc to our residents as part of our service.

We trust that this covers your questions and gives you some comfort but if you wish to contact us again in the future, please do not hesitate to send us an email to this address.

steve2012 wrote: »

Wow, that's more than I was anticipating! But again I don't think it's a big issue to be honest. I've had small time "accidental landlords" in the past and they were just the worst - wouldn't fix anything, or come do it themselves and it breaks again, and mostly just worried about getting their money. You'd hope that a company would position itself in the market quite thoughtfully and then deal with the tenants professionally, leading to a better experience for everyone in the area. Interested to see how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dasaievcastro

Hi folks,

This weekend I'm planning to visit a house that I bought on "place" street. Could you confirm if it is possible to access this street? Last time that I went theree(3 months ago) I couldn't not acces the street because there were some machines and the street was not finished yet.

Hi folks,

This weekend I'm planning to visit a house that I bought on "place" street. Could you confirm if it is possible to access this street? Last time that I went theree(3 months ago) I couldn't not acces the street because there were some machines and the street was not finished yet.

The place is still not accessible. I was there at the weekend and it looks like the road leading onto the ‘place’ is not finished. There is still some machinery there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

The place is still not accessible I was up there yesterday having a look at the progress of the houses on the green as I have a booking deposit on it.. there is a huge wooden fence around the green I couldn't see over so I lifted my daughter up and she managed to get a photo of the house over the fence 😂 but you can see the place from the main road opposite the place

Advertisement