Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Archie2020

Hi All,

I just bought a house on the drive, can someone add me to the Whatsapp group please? Thanks a mill :)

steve2012 wrote: »
    Occu actually have an image of the homes they own In the newer area of Hwr for rent. Photo attached for you.
    They have on their site map that they own 29 & 30 Hollywoodrath drive but mcpeake auctioneers called me today and offered me number 30 to buy so I don't know how accurate this site map is !! Maybe something changed since they published it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bruno84

Archie2020 wrote: »
    They have on their site map that they own 29 & 30 Hollywoodrath drive but mcpeake auctioneers called me today and offered me number 30 to buy so I don't know how accurate this site map is !! Maybe something changed since they published it ?

Hi Archie, Congratulations on securing your home. I’m hoping to get one in future releases and have queried the OCCU marked houses on the drive but have received confirmation that both 29/30 were marked in error by OCCU and there are no OCCU houses at all along the drive. I was speaking to Knight frank who received 26/27/28 to sell and they advised that Mcpeake received 29/30/31 so I would not be concerned with this. Have you received a completion date for the drive?

Bruno84 wrote: »
    Hi Archie, Congratulations on securing your home. I’m hoping to get one in future releases and have queried the OCCU marked houses on the drive but have received confirmation that both 29/30 were marked in error by OCCU and there are no OCCU houses at all along the drive. I was speaking to Knight frank who received 26/27/28 to sell and they advised that Mcpeake received 29/30/31 so I would not be concerned with this. Have you received a completion date for the drive?

Hi Bruno84,

Thanks for letting me know! I thought it was weird alright that they had those units marked.....I pulled out of the house on the drive today because the unit I wanted on the Green became available today, same house type, much bigger garden & 20k less than the asking price on the drive! Its crazy the inflation every quarter for the same houses......the drive is due for completion in May 2021 & the back gardens are 99sqm if this helps.....I hope you manage to get your hands on one, if not I think there will be plenty more 4 beds built along the drive from looking at the most recent site plan

OCCU have recently updated the map of OCCU owned properties. I have attached for anybody who is interested. This is available on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Follower123

Hi everyone, we are interested in buying here however when viewing the houses my friends husband (who often helps out with attic conversions) felt that the attics in the newest phase yellow brick houses would not be suitable for conversion. He said it to the estate agent who shrugged her shoulders but did not disagree with his statement - which makes me worry that they are not suitable to hold a conversion. Does anyone know about this? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 paulholly20?

Hi everyone, we are interested in buying here however when viewing the houses my friends husband (who often helps out with attic conversions) felt that the attics in the newest phase yellow brick houses would not be suitable for conversion. He said it to the estate agent who shrugged her shoulders but did not disagree with his statement - which makes me worry that they are not suitable to hold a conversion. Does anyone know about this? Thanks

Interesting
    What exactly was your friends husband statement?
    Why did he think they weren’t suitable?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

OCCU have recently updated the map of OCCU owned properties. I have attached for anybody who is interested. This is available on their website.

I'm slightly shocked to learn that Occu have bought 50 houses in the estate... I emailed them a while back (out of curiosity). Before any viewing could take place they wanted to make a full assessment ... application form, references etc. A lot of hassle to go through to arrange a viewing to rent a house and in my opinion, a 'questionable' practice. I'm not so sure that 50 rental properties in the same estate is a positive move but we'll have to see. It looks like the Private Equity funds & Fingal County Council can't get enough of houses in estates in D15 (for whatever reason).

The 3 beds in the newest phase are a lot smaller and to be honest I would agree with your friends husband assessment. Same with most of the 3 beds in Bay Meadows as well. In the larger 3 beds (earlier phases), its likely you'd loose the wardrobe space in the box room to convert the attic. The 'box room' would still fit a double bed but I very much doubt you'd fit one in the 3 beds you're talking about.

I guess at least there's attic space, from what I can see across the road in Bellingsmore, the attic space in the 3 beds have already been converted in order to squeeze as many houses in as possible

I'm slightly shocked to learn that Occu have bought 50 houses in the estate... I emailed them a while back (out of curiosity). Before any viewing could take place they wanted to make a full assessment ... application form, references etc. A lot of hassle to go through to arrange a viewing to rent a house and in my opinion, a 'questionable' practice. I'm not so sure that 50 rental properties in the same estate is a positive move but we'll have to see. It looks like the Private Equity funds & Fingal County Council can't get enough of houses in estates in D15 (for whatever reason).

Would have thought a rigorous vetting process would be a positive, to eliminate tyre kickers who aren’t motivated, or who could cause them problems
    Sounds fairly re-assuring if anything

If you want a viewing just book an appointment with one of the selling agents to see one of the show houses

• Advertisement

Interesting
    What exactly was your friends husband statement?
    Why did he think they weren’t suitable?

He said something about the trellis either not being tall or sturdy enough to hold one. The estate agents shrugging her shoulders to him saying this is not very reassuring either

He said something about the trellis either not being tall or sturdy enough to hold one. The estate agents shrugging her shoulders to him saying this is not very reassuring either

Maybe, he mentioned the trusses

I heard the original houses were built in such a way the trusses were ready made for attic conversion so less engineering effort if being converted.
    But, I believe the current developer is not doing that and so would require restructuring if converting to attic (however, that’s very common).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uw6CeD3J7-Y

I recall enquiring with an engineer about converting an attic for my previous home, he advised ALL attics can be converted, however depending on the space available, you’ll have to stand or crouch, lose a section of a room or not, so i’d be relatively certain the attics can be converted, the end product is another thing altogether

Would have thought a rigorous vetting process would be a positive, to eliminate tyre kickers who aren’t motivated, or who could cause them problems
    Sounds fairly re-assuring if anything

If you want a viewing just book an appointment with one of the selling agents to see one of the show houses

It's the proviso that you must go though a vetting process in order to secure a 'viewing' that unsettles me. Effectively 'pre approved' viewings. We're not talking about million euro mansions here, they're offering houses that you'll find in most new estates in suburban Dublin. And charging a fine price for the 'privilage' also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

It's the proviso that you must go though a vetting process in order to secure a 'viewing' that unsettles me. Effectively 'pre approved' viewings. We're not talking about million euro mansions here, they're offering houses that you'll find in most new estates in suburban Dublin. And charging a fine price for the 'privilage' also.

On behalf of other residents I’m happy with that idea versus some part time landlord who takes the lazy approach to everything.

Nijmegen wrote: »
    On behalf of other residents I’m happy with that idea versus some part time landlord who takes the lazy approach to everything.

You speak on behalf of yourself, no need to bring your neighbours in to 'prove' your point or try to misrepresent my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 paulh1979

hi everyone. we are hoping to buy in the next release in January. I was wondering how the builders are in general with finishing houses. the estate agent said they would probably be ready to move in June or July. is this reliable do you think?.
    thanks in advance

paulh1979 wrote: »
    hi everyone. we are hoping to buy in the next release in January. I was wondering how the builders are in general with finishing houses. the estate agent said they would probably be ready to move in June or July. is this reliable do you think?.
    thanks in advance

Hi Paulh1979,

The EA told me they won't release the houses until they can commit to a completion date within 6 months so July sounds about right but throw a pandemic into the mix and anything can happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dasaievcastro

Hi Guys,

I've received news about Hollywood Place and the house will be ready for snagging next week. Does anybody receive news about it? Do you have a good snagging company to share? Can you add me on Whatsapp group?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

Hi Guys,

I've received news about Hollywood Place and the house will be ready for snagging next week. Does anybody receive news about it? Do you have a good snagging company to share? Can you add me on Whatsapp group?

Thank you.

We used https://www.snagmyhouse.ie/ they were great and I'd recommend.

However one word of advice, the houses are finished really well, apart from the plumbing, if you look at the Facebook group you'll see the amount of people who've had issues with plumbing of some sort. I'd advise to do one thing: When you start your snag, start running all the water in all the sinks, baths and showers as well as the dishwasher if possible. Leave the water running for the duration of your snag and check for leaks at the end of the snag (including the ground floor ceiling) and check for damp spots at your 2nd snag.

Shades799 wrote: »
    We used https://www.snagmyhouse.ie/ they were great and I'd recommend.

However one word of advice, the houses are finished really well, apart from the plumbing, if you look at the Facebook group you'll see the amount of people who've had issues with plumbing of some sort. I'd advise to do one thing: When you start your snag, start running all the water in all the sinks, baths and showers as well as the dishwasher if possible. Leave the water running for the duration of your snag and check for leaks at the end of the snag (including the ground floor ceiling) and check for damp spots at your 2nd snag.

I knew I seen this recommendation before, thanks for reposting great tip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 dasaievcastro

Thank you soo much.

Anybody know if there is plans to tidy up the bushes facing the drive? They don’t seem to be managed. The entrance itself looks really well but could possibly be made better by doing something with the bushes

Anybody know if there is plans to tidy up the bushes facing the drive? They don’t seem to be managed. The entrance itself looks really well but could possibly be made better by doing something with the bushes

Are they the one’s along ratoath rd going towards Hollystown?
    Prob couple of ways of looking at it, they may not be the prettiest but keeps some privacy from the main road, and can prevent the likes of caravans being rolled onto the site which would be much worse of an eyesore.

I’d imagine it would be up to the residents to do a bit of pruning then if they wanted

does anyone know id they will be building any more red brick houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rescue1122

The ‘close’ residents have moved in over the last couple of weeks. The ‘place’ looks ready from the outside, no scaffolds etc but could be still waiting on electricity, heating etc

Hi guys,I am planning to buy 4 bed semi-detached in Next phase of Hollywoodrath.

Asking few question if someone can help me.

Are flooring included if not can any give a rough estimate how much will it cost please.

Also what you suggest, flooring downstairs and carpet upstairs?or any experience

Rescue1122 wrote: »
    Hi guys,I am planning to buy 4 bed semi-detached in Next phase of Hollywoodrath.

Asking few question if someone can help me.

Are flooring included if not can any give a rough estimate how much will it cost please.

Also what you suggest, flooring downstairs and carpet upstairs?or any experience

Flooring is not included, fully fitted kitchen & appliances are included (fridge freezer, microwave, oven & dishwasher)......not sure what the cost would be for flooring but its quite a large space

Hi we just put a deposit down for Hollywoodrath lawn. We’re a little disappointed that the only availability was north east facing garden however not enough to stop us going ahead with it. Has anyone any experience with the north east facing gardens to advise what time we should expect sun and will we be in complete darkness the rest of the day?

Hi we just put a deposit down for Hollywoodrath lawn. We’re a little disappointed that the only availability was north east facing garden however not enough to stop us going ahead with it. Has anyone any experience with the north east facing gardens to advise what time we should expect sun and will we be in complete darkness the rest of the day?

Congratulations what style house is it on the lawn?

Congratulations what style house is it on the lawn?

Thanks. We got 3 bed semi D. Apparently it was the last 2 to be sold (but you wouldn’t know what to believe from the estate agents)

Any ways any suggestions re the garden? If the kitchen at the back is gonna be completely shaded from noon onwards that’s a real bummer :(

• Advertisement

also to add the prices are now 385 and the back gardens are north east facing / 84 sq metres

Advertisement