Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Follower123

Steshney wrote: »
    Here's me thinking we might get a freebie of some sort thrown in after getting riled up about the panels. Hopefully that's the end of the surprises until July anyway. Good to come on here and get views from others thanks for sharing.

I thought the same . We’re still awaiting a response about it but I think it’s just a tough luck situation. Did you buy on the lawn too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Steshney

It definitely seems that way and if they're not breaking any laws it really is just a case of tough if you dont want it someone else will. Yes we bought on the lawn too we were told there was only one left. Would be nice to get the CIG images that were mentioned before the contracts arrive. We keep looking at the B2 for comparison all the time

Steshney wrote: »
    It definitely seems that way and if they're not breaking any laws it really is just a case of tough if you dont want it someone else will. Yes we bought on the lawn too we were told there was only one left. Would be nice to get the CIG images that were mentioned before the contracts arrive. We keep looking at the B2 for comparison all the time

We bought at number 4 were probably next door neighbours ðŸ˜႒ they’re sending the images in the next week hopefully ðŸ™ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Steshney

We booked number 3 :) a modern way to meet each other! I'd love to get those images before we sign anything. Hopefully the next few months move along quickly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dasaievcastro

Hi Lads,

Last week GEM fixed the snag list and I'm waiting the last steps to move to Hollywoodrath. I'm looking for a floor company, can you send me references? Another question, when I was visiting the house a GEM guy said that the first month the electricity bill will be paid by GEM than I need to choose a company to future bills. Which one do you think is the best option? And about Internet company, which one do you think is the best option?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Hi Lads,

Last week GEM fixed the snag list and I'm waiting the last steps to move to Hollywoodrath. I'm looking for a floor company, can you send me references? Another question, when I was visiting the house a GEM guy said that the first month the electricity bill will be paid by GEM than I need to choose a company to future bills. Which one do you think is the best option? And about Internet company, which one do you think is the best option?

Thanks

Don't have a recommendation on floors. Re electricity, just choose whoever is the cheapest. All the electricity comes from the same place, it's just the billing company you're going to select. Use the price comparison websites and change religiously every year for the best deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Just drove around there yesterday for the first time to charge the car battery from lack of use! The homes look lovely externally but the surrounding area seems very desolate or its like it's surrounded by industrial estates and empty ring roads. A lot of space looks undeveloped so maybe in years to come they will and there will be more of a sense of place to the area but right now, I found the location a bit unappealing and remote.

It seems very car-centric also and no shop or village centre/focal point appeared to be visible. Are Tyrellstown shops intended to be the retail catchment for this neighborhood also?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭on_the_roots

ongarboy wrote: »
    Just drove around there yesterday for the first time to charge the car battery from lack of use! The homes look lovely externally but the surrounding area seems very desolate or its like it's surrounded by industrial estates and empty ring roads. A lot of space looks undeveloped so maybe in years to come they will and there will be more of a sense of place to the area but right now, I found the location a bit unappealing and remote.

It seems very car-centric also and no shop or village centre/focal point appeared to be visible. Are Tyrellstown shops intended to be the retail catchment for this neighborhood also?

This is an area in ongoing development.

I think this is a very personal perception. For me this is nice, less crowded place, less traffic congestion but with easy access to schools and the shops in Tyrrelstown. Part of the lands surrounding the state will likely to be industrial (southwest), others are having planing permissions under analysis for residential development (northwest) but only God knows the future for other lands.

In effect, yes the shops in Tyrrelstown is your local. Though they're easily walkable and with a controlled pedestrian crossing now at lights off the roundabout for the school/tyrrelstown park.

Agreed it's very car centric in general. As I said upthread, while there is the connection now to Broombridge and from there onto Luas and Maynooth line, realistically the place is for folks with a car versus buying down in Roselawn. As a car user, the quick access onto either N2 or N3 and then M50 was a big draw, but I'd rarely use public transport in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭memomtoo

hello,

can please someone help us clarify few things if living near to Hollywoodrath green or drive as they seem to be neighbourhood lanes after this.

are there any short exit gates to reach bus stops? schools?

wondering if we walk by from there, how much walking distance to bus stop and school?

• Advertisement

there is a big road crossing, wondering if there is someone to help with crossing at school hours?
    train stations might be not an option here it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 26 paulholly20?

memomtoo wrote: »
    hello,

can please someone help us clarify few things if living near to Hollywoodrath green or drive as they seem to be neighbourhood lanes after this.

are there any short exit gates to reach bus stops? schools?

wondering if we walk by from there, how much walking distance to bus stop and school?

The bus stops are at the north east corner of the estate. Apart from the pathway that runs in front of every house, there is a cycle and walkway that traverse in and out of the estate around the entire perimeter, so walking from one corner to the other around or through the estate would be easy. Eventually the lawn will meet up with phase 2 of bay meadows.

Depends on which school your going to, if walking to the national school or secondary school at tyrelstown, 5 min walk at most

I need to commute to city centre for work
    wondering are there frequency of buses available to and fro?
    so the property seemed to be based beside Hollywoodrath green.

really good to know we have small exits to walk away from estate which makes it easy but
    1) walking to Tyrrelstown EDTS from there
    2)imp:out of these two ; Oaks stop: 7559 and Hollystown 7678, are there any more bus stops walkable? and how frequent are these running in morning and returning from city too please?

I need to commute to city centre for work
    wondering are there frequency of buses available to and fro?
    so the property seemed to be based beside Hollywoodrath green.

really good to know we have small exits to walk away from estate which makes it easy but
    1) walking to Tyrrelstown EDTS from there
    2)imp:out of these two ; Oaks stop: 7559 and Hollystown 7678, are there any more bus stops walkable? and how frequent are these running in morning and returning from city too please?

Frequency can be found in dublinbus website, you can search by stop number or route number, frequency changes throughout the day
    Or download dublinbus app you can save favourite routes, it has live updates of expected arrival on a stop by stop basis

40E goes to broombridge luas & train station, which take you to most parts of inner city (rush hour there is bottleneck through Finglas south on bus)
    40D goes straight into city centre (rush hour bottleneck at Glasnevin onwards to city & return)

Tyrelstown EDTS 5 min walk at most
    Bus stops 5 min walk at most

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bruno84

Any idea when the houses on the green are due to be ready?

thanks so much, really helpful.
    two ways confused, is this area too remote but in love with the way estate looks like too and property.

Are there any burglaries noticed here?
    Social housing: I understand if these are in place and noway want to disrespect that because one of our friend-the family is in s.housing but absolutely one the sweetest kind, but the other side is -bothering or annoying others(the menace type), but hoping we will have brilliant neighbourhood.

from your words please?

And also can someone please please PM, if living near Green or nearby ones really have some questions?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

Bruno84 wrote: »
    Any idea when the houses on the green are due to be ready?

We got an update from EA on 4th February;

"We asked if any further completion update could be provided this week and they have advised in terms of completion updates, that they don’t have any revised dates yet. They have been snagging in Hollywoodrath Place over the last few weeks and beginning to close houses in this section of the site. They have advised that The Green were due for delivery towards end of March/end of April time and these units will be delayed by the lockdown. It is difficult to give any indication on the impact of the delay until construction is allowed back on site. This is currently set for 5th March and then they have advised that they will need at least a full week back working to be able to see where they are at and make any revisions to the build schedule and provide us with an update then."

We have been up there since they opened the road around to the Place and got our first look at the back of the houses. The fences and landscaping are still not started yet. So it's anyone's guess as to what the inside of the house look like. Our guess is May/June, but it could still be sooner as from a distance, most houses seem to be structurally complete on the Green. There could still be some work ongoing.

Despite the current restrictions, I'm seeing plenty of construction work going on around Dublin.

thanks so much, really helpful.
    two ways confused, is this area too remote but in love with the way estate looks like too and property.

Are there any burglaries noticed here?
    Social housing: I understand if these are in place and noway want to disrespect that because one of our friend-the family is in s.housing but absolutely one the sweetest kind, but the other side is -bothering or annoying others(the menace type), but hoping we will have brilliant neighbourhood.

from your words please?

And also can someone please please PM, if living near Green or nearby ones really have some questions?

Thank you

All new housing estate require a certain percent of social housing.
    However, you can be lucky and unlucky with neighbours, there is always that element of a gamble, but this can be private owners as well as social housing so no guarantee really.
    That said most around seem to be pleasant.

Burglaries are a common threat in all communities, particularly on new estates where those prey on unsuspecting owners.
    Main thing is to be vigilant until everyone gets to know one another, the community is well connected, news travels very fast via the different groups, so good to get connected when u move in, so people get to know you a bit and vice versa. Different parents seem to monitor the playground frequently, so children and teens, seem to be reasonably well behaved

if the builder mentioned as Appliances included meaning ?
    what exactly are included?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Hi Lads,

Thanks

Re floors I cannot recommend lawless interiors enough. We recently moved into a property (not in Hollywoodrath but in the d15 area) and they were the best in terms of communication and price. We had our sitting room, hall, stairs, landing and three bedrooms done. (Stairs in carpet rest in wood flooring) and they were quick, clean, and I had a problem with beading that they fixed immediately.

I'm absolutely delighted with their work.

• Advertisement

Wondering which one the is closest train station to commute to city?
    And is there a good car parking availability for sure?
    Even if its paid, checking if we go by 7.30am
    Can we definitely get parking?

When we pay for parking does it mean a space if reserved for us?
    Im seeing coolmine as closest i 🀔 think

if the builder mentioned as Appliances included meaning ?
    what exactly are included?

Fridge, microwave, cooker, oven and dishwasher when I moved in. It'll be detailed in the contract if any of that has changed. E.g. when I moved in it was an electric hob, could now be induction for example.
    Wondering which one the is closest train station to commute to city?
    And is there a good car parking availability for sure?
    Even if its paid, checking if we go by 7.30am
    Can we definitely get parking?

When we pay for parking does it mean a space if reserved for us?
    Im seeing coolmine as closest i �� think

There is a bus that runs from the estate to Broombridge where you can change over to the Luas or to the Maynooth line. There's no parking at Broombridge.

The nearest Maynooth line train station is going to be one of Clonsilla/Coolmine. Parking is first come, first served and in the pre-covid days at least the competition for spaces is fierce.

You're also about a 15 minute drive from the M3 Parkway train station, which I believe has more parking. You can change at Clonsilla, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

It seems very car-centric also and no shop or village centre/focal point appeared to be visible. Are Tyrellstown shops intended to be the retail catchment for this neighbourhood also?

HWR has a good community spirit. I've been living there for the past year and I love it. I have got lovely neighbours and to be honest, I like a serene and quiet area than a busy crowded place.
    A spar and Creche will be opening soon within the estate. At the moment, the nearest is Tyrrelstwon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bruno84

jinish wrote: »
    HWR has a good community spirit. I've been living there for the past year and I love it. I have got lovely neighbours and to be honest, I like a serene and quiet area than a busy crowded place.
    A spar and Creche will be opening soon within the estate. At the moment, the nearest is Tyrrelstwon.

Where did you find the information about the spar how do you know this?

According to the original planning permission docs on the Fingal Co. Council website, a portion of the creche building is reserved for a shop unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

colbarr wrote: »
    According to the original planning permission docs on the Fingal Co. Council website, a portion of the creche building is reserved for a shop unit.

But is it Spar that plan to setup in the unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Apologies, I remember I read it somewhere that its a Spar coming to the estate after the crèche project is completed.
    Unfortunately I can't locate the source now.

Sorry, I should have added that that was only proof that a shop unit would be there. I have no info on whether it will be a Spar. Either way, it's good news to know that there will be a shop on the estate for the likes of bread & milk etc. Now all I need is for the Government to allow GEM get back onsite and finish my house off!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

colbarr wrote: »
    Sorry, I should have added that that was only proof that a shop unit would be there. I have no info on whether it will be a Spar. Either way, it's good news to know that there will be a shop on the estate for the likes of bread & milk etc. Now all I need is for the Government to allow GEM get back onsite and finish my house off!

To be honest, you'd want to be selling a lot of milk and bread to make a shop work in this estate given there's already a Spar, Lidl and Supervalu all within 10 minutes walk. I would be very surprised if someone brings a Spar to the estate to be honest. The unit, as far as I know will be a small one (90sqm) and probably would be better suited to a coffee shop or the like.

• Advertisement

To be honest, you'd want to be selling a lot of milk and bread to make a shop work in this estate given there's already a Spar, Lidl and Supervalu all within 10 minutes walk. I would be very surprised if someone brings a Spar to the estate to be honest. The unit, as far as I know will be a small one (90sqm) and probably would be better suited to a coffee shop or the like.

Tyrellstown is not only a ten minute walk from all areas of the estate and I don’t think I would fancy walking up there late at night if I needed something. I would be delighted with a shop in the estate and think it would do well

Advertisement