Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

Tyrellstown is not only a ten minute walk from all areas of the estate and I don’t think I would fancy walking up there late at night if I needed something. I would be delighted with a shop in the estate and think it would do well

Yeah but the petrol station at Hollystown is, at max, a 10 minute walk from all parts of the estate. Tyrellstown will still be where most people will do their main shop. If someone goes in there with a shop, I'd be shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭memomtoo

apart from tigerscreche, is there any after school clubs in side or nearby Hollywoodrath?

The bus stops are at the north east corner of the estate. Apart from the pathway that runs in front of every house, there is a cycle and walkway that traverse in and out of the estate around the entire perimeter, so walking from one corner to the other around or through the estate would be easy. Eventually the lawn will meet up with phase 2 of bay meadows.

Depends on which school your going to, if walking to the national school or secondary school at tyrelstown, 5 min walk at most

So is it still 5min walk from hollywoodrath green to tyrresltown etns or stlukes?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 paulholly20?

memomtoo wrote: »
    So is it still 5min walk from hollywoodrath green to tyrresltown etns or stlukes?

Looking at google maps they’re right beside one another

Looking at google maps they’re right beside one another

Depending on how fast or slow you move, I think 5mins is a decent estimate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

As far as I know you have to access both primary schools through the tyrellstown main Street. so it would be a bit more than five minutes walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Just looking at Google maps and it's estimated that from the entrance to Hollywoodrath opposite bellingsmore it is about 16 minutes walk to the primary schools.

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Just looking at Google maps and it's estimated that from the entrance to Hollywoodrath opposite bellingsmore it is about 16 minutes walk to the primary schools.

Finally we booked one in there, it was such a fear this time as we already been waiting from 4years to gather funds to make it to this figure, and as we keep moving with time-they simply increase in a second. Now after this season, if they increase more-we can only sell our kidneys and liver:o:o:), blood is already sucked out now:)
    just within few months-they increased from 360k-385k now, even after paying so much now said they won't provide solar panels and its builders decisions...not sure we have a space to negotiate on anything . hope they will keep current features as stated.

We drove around area, since too early for Lawns build works to begin-its blocked, unable to verify the distance if kid can walk down and is easy to cross the roads etc.,
    we tried to check at both school premises, stlukes and tyrresltown etns, not sure if they have another entry gates other than main gate to make it shorter to walk at busy times......

• Registered Users Posts: 8 megastar30

Hi guys,
    any suggestions on the solicitors for mortgage process, we see people charging differently, not too sure of the difference in prices??
    thanks in advance for any help

megastar30 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    any suggestions on the solicitors for mortgage process, we see people charging differently, not too sure of the difference in prices??

try directlaw.ie

really reasonable I believe but if you found something else, best of luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

For walking, the area is quite safe. Modern wide footpaths with properly sized pedestrian and bicycle lanes. Walking out onto Hollywoodrath Road you have traffic lights controlling the crossing that gets you across to the Tyrrelstown / schools side of things. As for the distance, I remember walking into Tyrrelstown during the big snow a few years back and it was grand, let alone on a normal day.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

megastar30 wrote:
    Hi guys, any suggestions on the solicitors for mortgage process, we see people charging differently, not too sure of the difference in prices?? thanks in advance for any help

We're using direct law solicitors in skerries they were the cheapest we found and were recommended by a few people. €1200+ vat and so far so good we signed contracts on a video call and she went through everything we needed to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Archie2020

Hi guys,
    I went with Direct Law. They have dealt with a few purchases in Hollywoodrath & have a good relationship with the Developers Solicitor which helps speed up the process. Very reasonably priced too.

LorelaiG wrote: »

You could walk on your hands in 16 mins :)
    Round trip would be 10-15mins
    Keep in mind there’ll be a new entrance to the Green from Bay Meadows side

I think the main thing is it’s very walkable
    But, if looking for a shorter walk then consider either Bellingsmore or Bay Meadows

You could walk on your hands in 16 mins :)
    Round trip would be 10-15mins
    Keep in mind there’ll be a new entrance to the Green from Bay Meadows side

I think the main thing is it’s very walkable
    But, if looking for a shorter walk then consider either Bellingsmore or Bay Meadows

:), booked now
    not changing mind:)
    only at busy times but absolutely enjoy walking around

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Follower123

Hi guys,

Hi we’re using Terry McLoughlin and our neighbours in Hollywoodrath are also using him. He was recommended by a friend and although we haven’t signed contracts yet we’re very happy with his service. He replied within minutes to any queries we have had. Our price is €2800 all in

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

Got word from the estate agent today that regency are aiming for completion of the green mid/end of June, obviously depending on any further covid restrictions. I'm not holding my breath but hopefully it won't go too far past the expected date

do we have gas connections if someone want a gas hob instead of electric ceramic one that builder is providing along?for cooking

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rescue1122

Hi Folks
    Any idea when they gonna complete HWR drive.

Also is there a good internet company around in that area

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aronanubhav

Hi all, I’m a potential buyer. I want to clarify couple of things
    1. What is the difference between A6 & A7 house types
    2. Read a lot about Occu, I hope that’s not an issue for the home owners. As I understand there can be some nuisance.
    3. Which is a good closeby school (Tyrrelstown, any others)
    4. How big are the rear lawns.

Thanks in advance for the help. Looking forward to getting a house there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭HSAM2021

Hi all

Anybody buying on HWR Drive or Meadows ? And have information with regard to the development opposite and also the boundary finish or more information ?

Also with regard to the builders outlining no PV panels on the roof now (whereas others do) what's you observations? Have your EA outlined anymore details.

Thanks In advance

Hi all, I’m a potential buyer. I want to clarify couple of things
    1. What is the difference between A6 & A7 house types
    2. Read a lot about Occu, I hope that’s not an issue for the home owners. As I understand there can be some nuisance.
    3. Which is a good closeby school (Tyrrelstown, any others)
    4. How big are the rear lawns.

Thanks in advance for the help. Looking forward to getting a house there.

Take a look online the layouts for A6 and A7 are easily available

HSAM2021 wrote: »
    Hi all

Anybody buying on HWR Drive or Meadows ? And have information with regard to the development opposite and also the boundary finish or more information ?

Also with regard to the builders outlining no PV panels on the roof now (whereas others do) what's you observations? Have your EA outlined anymore details.

Thanks In advance

Re: boundary finish, I've been asking the same to the agent but still not sure if there will be a fencing or a wall built. lawn seems to be big enough to take to road but unsure of fencing yet

Hi all

Thanks In advance

We bought on the lawn so I’m not sure about the boundary finish sorry.

With regards to PV panels we brought this up with our solicitor and he states as we have not yet signed contracts and it is still going to be considered A rated we don’t really have a leg to stand on. I beg to differ though as their site still advertises PV panels which is misleading and false advertisement. Nothing we can do about it unfortunately, if we refuse then someone else will be happy to swoop in and buy our house instead so it’s put up and shut up :(

We did requests from the EA the name of the air to water heat pump we will have and it is the Daikin Altherma 3 . They made it out to us like this is a better heat pump than previous phases hense no need for the PV panels however it would be interesting to hear from previous phases whether this is the same pump they have or not

I note recently that the builders are now not providing PV panels on the roofs of the current phase being completed now.

Has there been any other variations to the build quality since ? I note during construction in 2019 there was a change in builder.

Some people have commented on here the attics are different to the orginal ones built ? Any observations please

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 megastar30

We were told that there is a possibility of attic conversion for all houses. Double check with the builder/agent also.

We were told that there is a possibility of attic conversion for all houses. Double check with the builder/agent also.

I would question what value you would get from an attic conversion in the newer 3 bed terrace houses. The 3 beds in the first number of phases are quite spacious but it's clear to me that the 3 bed terrace houses are significantly smaller. In reality you will only know when you get up into the attic yourself. The agent / builder will tell you what you want to hear. In reality to get a stairs up into the attic you may have to loose part of the box room. Questionable if that's worth doing, people will still need a space to put away items such as decorations etc.

I note recently that the builders are now not providing PV panels on the roofs of the current phase being completed now.

Has there been any other variations to the build quality since ? I note during construction in 2019 there was a change in builder.

Some people have commented on here the attics are different to the orginal ones built ? Any observations please

Thanks

We have our contracts and have got our solicitor to question the developer whether the attic trusses assist future adaptability so will let you know here when we get a response. We got the G2 type semi D that’s 120sqm so may be different to the slightly smaller mid terrace.

Our BER rating we received states it is A2 ( I believe it was previously A3) so I’m hoping we’re happy with their decision to remove the solar panels in the long term

I would question what value you would get from an attic conversion in the newer 3 bed terrace houses. The 3 beds in the first number of phases are quite spacious but it's clear to me that the 3 bed terrace houses are significantly smaller. In reality you will only know when you get up into the attic yourself. The agent / builder will tell you what you want to hear. In reality to get a stairs up into the attic you may have to loose part of the box room. Questionable if that's worth doing, people will still need a space to put away items such as decorations etc.

We are.looking at the 4bed homes so I belive they have great potential to convert

• Advertisement

We are.looking at the 4bed homes so I belive they have great potential to convert

You won't have any issue converting the attic in any of the 4 beds. 2 bedrooms would be achievable but 1 bedroom and an ensuite would be recommended.

Advertisement