Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dasaievcastro

Hi,

I moved for hollywoodrath place 2 days ago and I've been enjoying the place and the house. Thank you guys for all support through the process to buy my house. I have one question, about security and cameras do you recommend any company to install cameras and alarms? I have seen many cables at the doors and windows and I think they are for alarms aren't?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 megastar30

We have our contracts and have got our solicitor to question the developer whether the attic trusses assist future adaptability so will let you know here when we get a response. We got the G2 type semi D that’s 120sqm so may be different to the slightly smaller mid terrace.

Our BER rating we received states it is A2 ( I believe it was previously A3) so I’m hoping we’re happy with their decision to remove the solar panels in the long term

Thanks for taking initiative mate, please update the post once you hear from your solicitor.
    only reason for going for 3-Bed SD house is in the hope of extending the attic in future when kids grow up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Hi,

I moved for hollywoodrath place 2 days ago and I've been enjoying the place and the house. Thank you guys for all support through the process to buy my house. I have one question, about security and cameras do you recommend any company to install cameras and alarms? I have seen many cables at the doors and windows and I think they are for alarms aren't?

Thanks
    The cables are for alarms.
    In terms of alarms it depends. There are monitored and self monitored.
    In self monitored alarms, different panels are available. The most popular is HKC. However I chose Siemens.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭ra0044

I see a planning permission sign has been erected on the former Hollystown Golf course site adjacent to Hollywoodrath. Looks to be a sizable development to be competing for local infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

That's their second attempt, first was rejected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭HSAM2021

We bought on the lawn so I’m not sure about the boundary finish sorry.

With regards to PV panels we brought this up with our solicitor and he states as we have not yet signed contracts and it is still going to be considered A rated we don’t really have a leg to stand on. I beg to differ though as their site still advertises PV panels which is misleading and false advertisement. Nothing we can do about it unfortunately, if we refuse then someone else will be happy to swoop in and buy our house instead so it’s put up and shut up :(

We did requests from the EA the name of the air to water heat pump we will have and it is the Daikin Altherma 3 . They made it out to us like this is a better heat pump than previous phases hense no need for the PV panels however it would be interesting to hear from previous phases whether this is the same pump they have or not

So I took another trip out and had a look in some of the back gardens of the houses on the Green and the Place.
    The Pump fitted to those are "Daikin Inverter R32"
    So I need to do some research to determine the difference between the two of them !

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Archie2020

HSAM2021 wrote: »
    So I took another trip out and had a look in some of the back gardens of the houses on the Green and the Place.
    The Pump fitted to those are "Daikin Inverter R32"
    So I need to do some research to determine the difference between the two of them !
    Keep us posted if you can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭steve2012

Hurrache wrote: »
    That's their second attempt, first was rejected.

This time around they seem to only be applying for planning on a smaller section of the "residential zoned" piece. It only houses this time. It looks like they're attempting to get some homes on it and upgrade sewage ect. Wouldn't surprise me if they still attempt to get apartments on the site later on down the line like they planned to in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Follower123

Has anyone bought recently and signed their contracts?

Our contracts are very vague with no detail about the size of the house or garden we’re buying, no dimensions of rooms, no mention about the kitchen island being included it’s basically very vague and not what we expected. Was everyone in previous phases the same?
    I thought the contracts would go into great detail about exactly what we’re buying but we’re none the wiser after reading them

Our contracts are very vague with no detail about the size of the house or garden we’re buying, no dimensions of rooms, no mention about the kitchen island being included it’s basically very vague and not what we expected. Was everyone in previous phases the same?
    I thought the contracts would go into great detail about exactly what we’re buying but we’re none the wiser after reading them

That's disappointing thing to hear. I am awaiting mine and I will definitely question all aspects of this as I'm sure will be the same contract with my solicitor

• Advertisement

So for anyone who has purchased on the Drive or the Lawns I can inform you that the development which will be across the open green area which is Bay Meadows has been sold in its entirety to a real estate investment fund (Round Hill Capital)
    In essence all homes will be privately rented similar to what's currently in Hollywoodrath by the company OCCU.
    I think this is good news as there will be no social housing or no sales to any other housing agencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Shades799

So for anyone who has purchased on the Drive or the Lawns I can inform you that the development which will be across the open green area which is Bay Meadows has been sold in its entirety to a real estate investment fund (Round Hill Capital)
    In essence all homes will be privately rented similar to what's currently in Hollywoodrath by the company OCCU.
    I think this is good news as there will be no social housing or no sales to any other housing agencies.

Hey there, what green area is that please?

Shades799 wrote: »
    Hey there, what green area is that please?

Opposite Hollywoodrath Drive (part off) and Hollywoodrath Lawns as per the site plans. This pertains to the current phase of houses being sold

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭on_the_roots

I'm buying in another new estate, with another builder and my contract is exactly like this, totally vague and there is not a minimum specification about the house I'm paying for. I feel like I'm playing a gambling game, but spending hundreds of thousands of euros on that. I guess this is the "normal" for new home purchases in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

Just because property has been sold to a real estate fund doesn't mean that the council could not rent same or provide assistance under the HAP scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,794 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Plenty of REIT properties are rented out in their entirety to councils or housing bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭ra0044

L1011 wrote: »
    Plenty of REIT properties are rented out in their entirety to councils or housing bodies.

Absolutely. Our previous estate had many such properties owned by investment funds and let out to the council under HAP. Makes good financial sense to do so, guaranteed income for the length of the long term lease ( 20 years + in some cases ) , house returned to owner in as new condition when lease is up. It really is a win win for them.
    Sadly if you do get nuisance tenants the council then wash their hands of them as it is technically a private rental and the investment fund will fob you off with it being the council's responsibility.

Just because property has been sold to a real estate fund doesn't mean that the council could not rent same or provide assistance under the HAP scheme.

That is very true however given the cost of the land and the purchase cost of these homes they will need to aim at the professional market in order to make the investment work.

Just look.at a similar company OCCU and the cost of thier rentals in Hollywoodrath. €2,100 for a three bed I'd be confident it's the professional market these homes will be aimed at

ra0044 wrote: »
    Absolutely. Our previous estate had many such properties owned by investment funds and let out to the council under HAP. Makes good financial sense to do so, guaranteed income for the length of the long term lease ( 20 years + in some cases ) , house returned to owner in as new condition when lease is up. It really is a win win for them.
    Sadly if you do get nuisance tenants the council then wash their hands of them as it is technically a private rental and the investment fund will fob you off with it being the council's responsibility.

What was the estate and rental company?

That is very true however given the cost of the land and the purchase cost of these homes they will need to aim at the professional market in order to make the investment work.

Just look.at a similar company OCCU and the cost of thier rentals in Hollywoodrath. €2,100 for a three bed I'd be confident it's the professional market these homes will be aimed at

The Government is providing first time buyers with the full deposit to buy a new home so I'm not sure why anyone would choose to rent if they could afford to buy. At the moment, a 30 year mortgage for the property referenced above would be in the order of 1.5k p.m and would require a gross income of c100k p.a.

Be under no illusion, most of these houses will be rented under the HAP scheme or directly to the Council... anyone who can afford to pay 2.1k p.m rent is not renting but buying. Fingal County Council already directly own c40 houses in Bay Meadows. On the basis that Occu and now, Round Hill Capital own north of 100 houses in the locality, it's hard to see where all these professionals are going to come from when every opportunity is being afforded to those same professionals to purchase themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

Fingal County Council already directly own c40 houses in Bay Meadows.

Source for this claim?

richardjjd wrote: »
    Source for this claim?

Fingal County Council will provide the information if requested. Anyone can request this information.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rescue1122

Hi guys anyone any idea when homes on Hollywoodrath Drive will get completed

Rescue1122 wrote: »
    Hi guys anyone any idea when homes on Hollywoodrath Drive will get completed

Depends which number you bought from the ones released ! There at various stages it would seem

Depends which number you bought from the ones released ! There at various stages it would seem

We bought the ones released in March ☺️.Is anyone living there to see

We bought the ones released in March ☺️.Is anyone living there to see

You can go into Hollywoodrath Place where there are the same 4 bed houses to look at and maybe peak in the windows etc.

Otherwise maybe visit the dhowhouse with your EA

Thanks for reply,we have visited the showhouse with EA.

Wondering backgarden is 87 sq m,
    What is it in showhouse as it looked massive ( our one is definitely smaller)

Our tentative completion date is October, wondering is it not too late as I have to renew my loan offer etc

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

The Government is providing first time buyers with the full deposit to buy a new home so I'm not sure why anyone would choose to rent if they could afford to buy. At the moment, a 30 year mortgage for the property referenced above would be in the order of 1.5k p.m and would require a gross income of c100k p.a.

Be under no illusion, most of these houses will be rented under the HAP scheme or directly to the Council... anyone who can afford to pay 2.1k p.m rent is not renting but buying. Fingal County Council already directly own c40 houses in Bay Meadows. On the basis that Occu and now, Round Hill Capital own north of 100 houses in the locality, it's hard to see where all these professionals are going to come from when every opportunity is being afforded to those same professionals to purchase themselves.

You're dead right. The homeless hap rate for fingal for a family of (either two adults or a single person with a few kids) is €1,950 and they allow you to top it up by a certain amount directly to the landlord too. The houses at €2.100 or even €2.200 are well within the limits for homeless hap recipient's.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Follower123

Thanks for reply,we have visited the showhouse with EA.

Wondering backgarden is 87 sq m,
    What is it in showhouse as it looked massive ( our one is definitely smaller)

Our tentative completion date is October, wondering is it not too late as I have to renew my loan offer etc

Just found the plans
    We viewed the show house on 4 hollywoodrath green
    The mid terrace back garden was 82 sq metres and the end terrace with side entrance view was 100sq m

• Advertisement

Good to see some work on Hollywoodrath Drive has commenced on existing structure's and they have begun to start on the Meadows and Lawn also

Advertisement