Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rescue1122

HSAM2021 wrote: »
    Good to see some work on Hollywoodrath Drive has commenced on existing structure's and they have begun to start on the Meadows and Lawn also

If construction resumes in April will they able to complete Drive before August.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭HSAM2021

Rescue1122 wrote: »
    If construction resumes in April will they able to complete Drive before August.

I would say possibly but maybe ask Regency or your EA
    Go out and take a look and see the progress of your particular property maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dasaievcastro

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a company to install a system to fix the limescale problem that we have in Dublin. Could you recommend a company to do this job?

Thanks

The Government is providing first time buyers with the full deposit to buy a new home so I'm not sure why anyone would choose to rent if they could afford to buy. At the moment, a 30 year mortgage for the property referenced above would be in the order of 1.5k p.m and would require a gross income of c100k p.a.

Be under no illusion, most of these houses will be rented under the HAP scheme or directly to the Council... anyone who can afford to pay 2.1k p.m rent is not renting but buying. Fingal County Council already directly own c40 houses in Bay Meadows. On the basis that Occu and now, Round Hill Capital own north of 100 houses in the locality, it's hard to see where all these professionals are going to come from when every opportunity is being afforded to those same professionals to purchase themselves.

Under what provisions can you obtain this information ?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

Under what provisions can you obtain this information ?

By submitting a freedom of information act request to Fingal County Council.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dpw2021

Hi there, just signed recently for one of the houses on the Green, hopefully be ready by July. Just wondering is there a Facebook or WhatsApp group for people waiting to move into HWR?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bruno84

dpw2021 wrote: »
    Hi there, just signed recently for one of the houses on the Green, hopefully be ready by July. Just wondering is there a Facebook or WhatsApp group for people waiting to move into HWR?

Hi, is July the closing date you got from the EA? And what section of the Green is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dpw2021

Bruno84 wrote: »
    Hi, is July the closing date you got from the EA? And what section of the Green is this?

Hi, the estimate was from the developer's solicitor. It's one of the detached ones near the green area.

I note that the developer of the estate Regency is currently in Liquidation!

I'm concerned as to what effect this might have on the development going forward and also the upkeep and maintenance of the estate and so forth until it is handed over to Fingal ?

I note that the developer of the estate Regency is currently in Liquidation!

I'm concerned as to what effect this might have on the development going forward and also the upkeep and maintenance of the estate and so forth until it is handed over to Fingal ?

Where did you obtain this information?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Bargain_Hound

For info, Gembira Ltd is developing the estate... all planning applications for the Hollywoodrath estate are in the name of Gembira. It's largely irrelevant if Regency Estates Ltd is in liquidation. Property developers regularly setup various companies to deal with various aspects of a development (or in Regency's case they have more than one development on the go)... just because the name references the trading name of the developer doesn't necessarily mean that the developer has gone bust.

And just to be clear, Gembira Ltd is still active and is not in liquidation -

https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Gembira-Limited-540374

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bruno84

Has anybody received any updates on the green or drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

We got an email from the EA last week saying they are expecting snagging to start on the Green in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

Bruno84 wrote:

We got an email from the EA a week or two ago to say they're aiming for completion end of June

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭memomtoo

hello,

anyone have a good feedback on a commutable secondary school from Hollywoodrath estate?
    In case we don't get in Lei Cheille, what is the very next option?
    I see mixed feedbacks
    and also with this lottery system, hard to predict but checking what's the next best possibility?
    can we also try Castleknock secondary school?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

memomtoo wrote: »
    hello,

anyone have a good feedback on a commutable secondary school from Hollywoodrath estate?
    In case we don't get in Lei Cheille, what is the very next option?
    I see mixed feedbacks
    and also with this lottery system, hard to predict but checking what's the next best possibility?
    can we also try Castleknock secondary school?

I'm not in tyrellstown I'm in mulhuddart. We applied to three secondary schools, le Cheile, Edmund rice and Eriu community school. At first we didn't get an offer from any but then subsequently got offers from le Cheile and Eriu (we were 14 on the wait list for le Cheile and 3 for Eriu). Eriu is in Barnwell in Ongar, a relatively new school. We decided to go with them.

You can apply for any school but the admission criteria for each is different so make sure you check those out.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Tec Diver

Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a company to install a system to fix the limescale problem that we have in Dublin. Could you recommend a company to do this job?

Thanks
    We live about 11k from Hollystown and have the same limescale issue. I bought a unit from this company: https://www.thewatertreatmentcentre.ie/
    They're based in West Meath I think. We only had one issue with it over 8-9 years and it was fixed by them in a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Archie2020

I was told Id be called for snagging in May - they couldn't specify when in May but will keep you posted when I hear more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

I see Bay Meadows right beside Hollywoodrath has been mostly bought out by an investment fund as rental properties https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/investment-firms-buy-estate-of-112-new-houses-in-dublin-to-rent-out-1.4554949

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

Archie2020 wrote:
    I was told Id be called for snagging in May - they couldn't specify when in May but will keep you posted when I hear more

Is that on the green or drive? The EA told us they're aiming for completion mid to end of June so I'm assuming we'll be called for snagging around the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Archie2020

085andym wrote: »
    Is that on the green or drive? The EA told us they're aiming for completion mid to end of June so I'm assuming we'll be called for snagging around the same time
    On the green - I bought one of the 4 beds behind the boarded up area so it could be just that row in May? I am not sure if its all houses on the green

has the EA confirmed anything about when Lawns will get ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Follower123

We were initially told July and then they said November. Drove out today they have what looks like number 1 and 2 the lawn up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rescue1122

Have anyone heard anything about completion date of Drive

has the EA confirmed
    anything about when Lawns will get ready?

1 -6 the Lawn appears to be starting to get off the ground

Rescue1122 wrote: »
    Have anyone heard anything about completion date of Drive

Which number ? There done in phases but looks like a good bit of progression has been made since the reopening for construction

that's sounds so fast-wow
    delighted to know this.

last month when we drove across-saw the last property before the blocking fence that is undergoing constructions was somewhere at 56 Drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CastroEC

has the EA confirmed anything about when Lawns will get ready?

We were told by the EA it will be read for snagging by mid August.

• Advertisement

How is everyone's dealings with there EA in HWR ? As there is two of them ?
    Positive or negitive experience?

Advertisement