Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Thestart

I live very close to Hollywoodrath in Tyrrelstown. I honestly don't notice them anymore. But the flight path is almost directly overhead and you can hear them but as i say you get used to them.
    For me its not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Hollystown

Any idea about social housing in this location?

I found a map, see below, but I do now understand it! any helpe? I afraid that they will build social housing in there.

http ://rebuildingireland.ie/news/rebuilding-ireland-land-map/

Hollystown wrote: »
    Any idea about social housing in this location?

I found a map, see below, but I do now understand it! any helpe? I afraid that they will build social housing in there.

http ://rebuildingireland.ie/news/rebuilding-ireland-land-map/

If you give fingal county council a call they will tell you. As far at I know 10% of the houses should be social housing. It's the law!!!!!! So 40 or more on the existing site and more on the adjacent one that is not being built on at the moment.

Okay, when I was buying the house, the lady from Mc Peake Auctioneers said that there will be no Social Housing at all in Hollywoodrath. So basically that was a lie ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Has to be at least 10%, down from 20%. So whoever said no social housing is lying.....

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/reduced-social-housing-quota-set-to-encourage-building-1.2337762

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Thestart wrote: »
    more on the adjacent one that is not being built on at the moment.

Ground works commenced there a while ago.

If you do live in Hollywoodrath, you could request the builders to clean the road. It a mess the whole area around the estate. I don't see any other estate in Dublin allow the mess of dirt on roads etc. I can't see how anyone could live there at the moment. Any wet weather and it filthy and any dry weather and it is dust hell..

Really should not be allowed

In regards to flights. I live further out in Kilbride but in same flight path. Planes are no issue. When I bought house I had survey done and the guy tested the noise levels and even out in garden there was no issue.

The planes are a little bit further up here but nothing massive so that would not concern me. The dirt and dust would. Got help you if you had kids with asma

* Just to note I have worked on sites for many years......

• Registered Users Posts: 28,993 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    If you do live in Hollywoodrath, you could request the builders to clean the road. It a mess the whole area around the estate. I don't see any other estate in Dublin allow the mess of dirt on roads etc. I can't see how anyone could live there at the moment. Any wet weather and it filthy and any dry weather and it is dust hell..
    There are usually planning conditions about keeping surrounding roads clean. It might be worth getting onto the Fingal planning dept on this.

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Contact the councillors. I did it a couple of times and one or two visited the site and site manager. It was ok for a bit but I've noticed it sliding again and will only get worse with Autumn approaching.

I stopped using that road because of it during bad weather and I'd take the longer route on the new road, which itself would often be filthy. With the new site entrance onto the Ratoath Road it won't be long before I'll be contacting them about that one either. They made an attempt at concreting the site entrance this time (unlike the original which was directly into the muck) but the trucks are dragging the crap onto the Ratoath Road now.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Contact the councillors. I did it a couple of times and one or two visited the site and site manager. It was ok for a bit but I've noticed it sliding again and will only get worse with Autumn approaching.

I stopped using that road because of it during bad weather and I'd take the longer route on the new road, which itself would often be filthy. With the new site entrance onto the Ratoath Road it won't be long before I'll be contacting them about that one either. They made an attempt at concreting the site entrance this time (unlike the original which was directly into the muck) but the trucks are dragging the crap onto the Ratoath Road now.

Same as yourself, I stopped using the road going past the main entrance because of the dirt. They are now dragging it out onto the other road.

There seems to be no consideration. I don't know how anyone would buy a house in estate and then put up with that filth. It is a disgrace but I only have to drive past it, not live in it

The fields of grain are all been cut at the moment, Mickey & Roland are on the move, when the place is infested they might clean it up

• Advertisement

They used to use a, and I use the term very very loosely, street sweeper. All it did was coat the road in liquidised mud from one roundabout to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,993 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

They're not the first building site to have to deal with a mucky site. There are normally specific planning provisions about having a wheel washer in place to wash truck wheels before they exit the site. Contact Fingal planning dept.

Ground works commenced there a while ago.

That's the same site just the far side of a green on the Hollywoodrath development.
    Another part of the lands are owned by another developer, a diamond shaped parcel of land to the north east of the fields the housing is going on.

Okay, when I was buying the house, the lady from Mc Peake Auctioneers said that there will be no Social Housing at all in Hollywoodrath. So basically that was a lie ?

If you get a chance to talk to the estate agent again I would love to know what they say!

I see that all the adverts on daft and myhome are gone for these houses.

That's the same site just the far side of a green on the Hollywoodrath development.
    Another part of the lands are owned by another developer, a diamond shaped parcel of land to the north east of the fields the housing is going on.

That's where the ground works started, Northeast corner, entry and office prefabs have been put in.

That's where the ground works started, Northeast corner, entry and office prefabs have been put in.

Your right, I should have said "south east corner" that's where the other developers site is

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭BGozIE

Sorry guys - may be a stupid question but, would others be put off by a manhole in the back garden?

Don't know if its common in new builds in general, but we went to view a property in hollywoodrath and there is two manholes (covered up obviously, by manhole cover) in the back garden.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wpisdu

BGozIE wrote: »
    Sorry guys - may be a stupid question but, would others be put off by a manhole in the back garden?

Don't know if its common in new builds in general, but we went to view a property in hollywoodrath and there is two manholes (covered up obviously, by manhole cover) in the back garden.

Thanks!

The only issue with a manhole in the back garden is that it's there. So you have to ask yourself if you can leave with it or not. Possibly, council may want to access it for a maintenance, but another possibility is that this will never happen.

If you get a chance to talk to the estate agent again I would love to know what they say!

I see that all the adverts on daft and myhome are gone for these houses.

I got a house in Hollywoodrath and all good so far. All neighbours seem to have a decent cars and it's hard to say if there are any social houses, I'm happy with 10% anyway. However, before I bought my house I emailed McPeake about social housing and here is the answer I got from them:
    There is no social housing in Hollywoodrath. Part V agreement has been done off site.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭zbluebirdz

Thanks!

I wouldn't buy that property
    1) You could potentially spending a bit of time in unblocking them.
    2) You'd could have foul smell quite a few times.
    3) If you plan to build an extension, I think you'd have to pay to have them moved (if they're in the way).
    4) Can be awkward in having a nice backyard created ...

I lived in a house with 2 manhole covers in the background for about 15 years. They were either covered with flower pots and the likes, or eventually outdoor soft tiles for a kids play area.

They never had to be accessed nor smelled, you'd be very unlucky if they had to be.

Although I thought I read since that new regulations meant that they no longer could appear in a back garden or something along those lines, probably in one of the construction forums here.

• Advertisement

zbluebirdz wrote: »
    I wouldn't buy that property
    1) You could potentially spending a bit of time in unblocking them.
    2) You'd could have foul smell quite a few times.
    3) If you plan to build an extension, I think you'd have to pay to have them moved (if they're in the way).
    4) Can be awkward in having a nice backyard created ...

Not sure i'd let it be the deciding factor but I take on board the points, something to consider.

Thankfully they wouldn't be anywhere near any extension considerations (they are about 30 feet from the house, down the back of the garden)
    I lived in a house with 2 manhole covers in the background for about 15 years. They were either covered with flower pots and the likes, or eventually outdoor soft tiles for a kids play area.

They never had to be accessed nor smelled, you'd be very unlucky if they had to be.

Although I thought I read since that new regulations meant that they no longer could appear in a back garden or something along those lines, probably in one of the construction forums here.

Thanks for the input. Not sure of any regulation but I'll do some research. Altho I cant see it changing much now that they are there.

Cheers!

Not sure i'd let it be the deciding factor but I take on board the points, something to consider.

Thankfully they wouldn't be anywhere near any extension considerations (they are about 30 feet from the house, down the back of the garden)

Thanks for the input. Not sure of any regulation but I'll do some research. Altho I cant see it changing much now that they are there.

Cheers!

Ask them for 20k off because they are installed

They'll laugh and offer the house to the next person on the waiting list, probably for more than the poster is offered it for.

They'll laugh and offer the house to the next person on the waiting list, probably for more than the poster is offered it for.

The skill of negotiating seems to have left this country.....

Wall down the road less than 5 mins and plenty of houses for sale

You can't negotiate much when demand exceeds supply. And whatever houses are down the road, I doubt people are bidding downwards on them.

I've been looking at purchasing a house for the last year - there is nowhere that is negotiating on the asking price and most second hand homes sell for more then the asking price.

"There is no social housing in Hollywoodrath. Part V agreement has been done off site."

What does it mean Part V?

I know there is next Next phase launching this Saturday, if anyone is going to see houses, could you ask Agency about Social Housing pleaase

"There is no social housing in Hollywoodrath. Part V agreement has been done off site."

What does it mean Part V?

Google it as I cannot insert links.

Part V is a mechanism, introduced by the Government, through which local authorities can obtain up to 10% of land zoned for housing development at “existing use value” rather than “development value” for the delivery of social and affordable housing.

Okay thanks, so basically they lied again as the above user got an email from Agency saying:

Quote:
    There is no social housing in Hollywoodrath. Part V agreement has been done off site.

• Advertisement

Okay thanks, so basically they lied again as the above user got an email from Agency saying:

Quote:
    ?

Where exactly they lied? I'm the user who got that email, they said there is no social housing in Hollywoodrath as it's done off site wherever the off site is...

Advertisement