Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Follower123

Enda from McPeaker is pretty useless he doesn’t know anything. Who told you the lawns would be ready for snagging mid August? Latest we were told was November

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭memomtoo

We are with Knight Franks.

The EA so far is brilliant to deal with as she updates every specifics and sets the expectation well as sometimes I know its hard to predict with the current situations. But any question I have asked, she is always there to respond which is fantastic.

This lady I know been working with Knight Franks from minimum 2016, because I met her at first showhouse times:)

HSAM2021 wrote: »
    How is everyone's dealings with there EA in HWR ? As there is two of them ?
    Positive or negitive experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CastroEC

Enda from McPeaker is pretty useless he doesn’t know anything. Who told you the lawns would be ready for snagging mid August? Latest we were told was November

Sorry, I've made a mistake... I'm talking about Drive... Their solicitor told my solicitor the estimated completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aronanubhav

Wow drive by mid August. EA told us October. Will call up & check with them if the timelines have changed. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rescue1122

Wow drive by mid August. EA told us October. Will call up & check with them if the timelines have changed. Looking forward to it.

Hi who said DRIVE by mid-August?
    I was wondering they were looking around mid October or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 msvsc

October? Really? It might be a different part of Drive.

Rescue1122 wrote: »
    Hi who said DRIVE by mid-August?
    I was wondering they were looking around mid October or so

October? Oh God. They told us mid august.
    It is on our contract.

It might be a different part of the Drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bruno84

msvsc wrote: »
    October? Oh God. They told us mid august.
    It is on our contract.

It might be a different part of the Drive.

Some parts of the drive are much further along than others such as the red brick ones along the main road

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shadab_27

Bruno84 wrote: »
    Some parts of the drive are much further along than others such as the red brick ones along the main road

We have booked 41 Hwrth Drive and were given est completion of Oct'20.

shadab_27 wrote: »

Agree,I am in 40's drive and October is date of completion,houses are already built up till ceilings and wondering why they will so longer on it.

• Advertisement

shadab_27 wrote: »

Ok, different parts of the drive

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Follower123

Did you all know that bat meadows is being built right up to as close as across the road from HWR houses and there is going to be no barrier or fence in between?!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭HSAM2021

Did you all know that bat meadows is being built right up to as close as across the road from HWR houses and there is going to be no barrier or fence in between?!

Yes it's going to be open plan space as per the town planners. You can see this on thoer site plan and HWR plan just join them up. It will be an open area green space

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

Has anyone been in contact directly with the builder? I'm hearing from a lot of people around me that we should just ask the builder directly about the house, or go into see the actual house as opposed to the show house.

colbarr wrote: »
    Has anyone been in contact directly with the builder? I'm hearing from a lot of people around me that we should just ask the builder directly about the house, or go into see the actual house as opposed to the show house.

In what sense ? The EA handles all questions and queries on thier behalf!.

In what sense ? The EA handles all questions and queries on thier behalf!.

Our current neighbour was telling us she got to go to her actual house, not the show house, because she was talking to the builder. And I have friends and family, who I'm asking about things to do with the house, such as back garden taps etc. saying I should just ask the builder.
    I understand that the EA is the middle man, but we've been asking them for house dimensions et cetera for months, and all they've offered us was an opportunity to go to the show house. That's not exactly the same thing as the house we've bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

colbarr wrote:
    Our current neighbour was telling us she got to go to her actual house, not the show house, because she was talking to the builder. And I have friends and family, who I'm asking about things to do with the house, such as back garden taps etc. saying I should just ask the builder. I understand that the EA is the middle man, but we've been asking them for house dimensions et cetera for months, and all they've offered us was an opportunity to go to the show house. That's not exactly the same thing as the house we've bought.

How did she contact the builder? Did she just go up to the site or did she have to do it through EA?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Saz94

Hi All, I bought one of the detached on the green, we were told 7th June for snagging and out of nowhere, it has been pushed to July. Does anyone else have this problem. I was on site on Wednesday looking through the fences and everything looks like it is flying along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

It's usually the internal fixtures and fittings that are the source of the delay - actually putting up the structure is quite straightforward and quick to do. But if the plumbers are going around three different sites, you don't necessarily get to see that work being delayed. The stop-start has created a lot of backlogs in construction, sadly, although I have to say delays in completion go all the way back to the start when it was a different builder in Hollywoodrath even! I think it's just a feature of new build homes, sadly.

Saz94 wrote: »
    Hi All, I bought one of the detached on the green, we were told 7th June for snagging and out of nowhere, it has been pushed to July. Does anyone else have this problem. I was on site on Wednesday looking through the fences and everything looks like it is flying along.

Hi Guys is there only electric connection or there is natural Gas Connection too in Hollywoodrath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Hi Guys is there only electric connection or there is natural Gas Connection too in Hollywoodrath

The new houses with heat pumps have only electricity. The older houses, most of what you might find second hand, have gas central heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shadab_27

My understanding is that for the recent houses there is no gas connection, we specifically asked EA for that and they confirmed.

Popped up yesterday and saw that the boarding blocking off the road on the Green has been changed to a fence. Finally got to see the house from ground level! Things must be progressing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭steve2012

Hi Guys,

Is Panda waste still the only provider of bins in the area, or is there others.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Saz94

Looks great apparently there is a delay with water connections so hopefully this will be resolved soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CastroEC

Here is a quick flight over the development site on 30/05.

youtube.com/watch?v=psvRJGsROO4

Enjoy

Hi,
    Would anybody happen to have Floor and Window measurements for the A7 style house ?
    Or perhaps anybody who will be snagging on the Green soon be able to email me them ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Archie2020

Hi,
    Would anybody happen to have Floor and Window measurements for the A7 style house ?
    Or perhaps anybody who will be snagging on the Green soon be able to email me them ?
    Thanks

I will be snagging next week I can send them on to you afterwards :)

Archie2020 wrote: »
    I will be snagging next week I can send them on to you afterwards :)

Congrats and thanks 👌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

Saz94 wrote:
    Looks great apparently there is a delay with water connections so hopefully this will be resolved soon

Are you getting this info from the EA? We're supposed to be in by the end of June but the only info we get when we contact them is that regency will be on to us soon with a snag date 🙄

Advertisement