Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Saz94

085andym wrote: »
    Are you getting this info from the EA? We're supposed to be in by the end of June but the only info we get when we contact them is that regency will be on to us soon with a snag date 🙄

I just got talking to one of the neighbours that's on the green who was told by a builder on site. We were told end of June too so hopefully it's not too long

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭085andym

Saz94 wrote:
    I just got talking to one of the neighbours that's on the green who was told by a builder on site. We were told end of June too so hopefully it's not too long

Yeah hopefully we'll all be in sometime soon.. they've been making great progress lately so hopefully the water connection is the only delay.. although saying that, the delays are welcome when it comes chosing furniture and floors etc were struggling to make decisions! lol

Yeah you and me both, its so exciting though!
    There is no showhouse for the detached so we can't get measurements until we go in for the snag, but we got our beds in ambassador beds in lucan. Eddie and Craig( the owners) are so nice and they have great deals which are ideal for spare rooms. The navan sofa factory to supposed to be brilliant for sofas so i think they are opening their new warehouse later this month, so you could try there :)

Saz94 wrote:
    Yeah you and me both, its so exciting though! There is no showhouse for the detached so we can't get measurements until we go in for the snag, but we got our beds in ambassador beds in lucan. Eddie and Craig( the owners) are so nice and they have great deals which are ideal for spare rooms. The navan sofa factory to supposed to be brilliant for sofas so i think they are opening their new warehouse later this month, so you could try there

Try Shane in goc carpets Glasnevin, they might have the measurements of your type of house. They fitted out the show houses and all the occu places too. He was telling us they've fitted a lot of the houses out there as they offer "the builders prices" in Hollywoodrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭HSAM2021

Has anyone employed an Interior Designer (within a reasonable price) to help with colour schemes and layouts of furniture etc ?

Could you reply with company and approx costs if so please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Archie2020

HSAM2021 wrote: »
    Has anyone employed an Interior Designer (within a reasonable price) to help with colour schemes and layouts of furniture etc ?

Could you reply with company and approx costs if so please?

Im having the same trouble myself, cannot decide on colour schemes or floors etc so rather than go with an interior designer I found a place in Templeogue that offers a consultation on what schemes to go with etc for your specific property.

Its not an interior designer as such but may help narrow down the choice & save you some money on an interior designer :). Its €150 for them to call out to the property for 1.5 hours and you can redeem €75 back off paint etc.

Attached is the link if you want to check it out https://templeoguedecor.ie/colour-consult/

Archie2020 wrote: »
    Im having the same trouble myself, cannot decide on colour schemes or floors etc so rather than go with an interior designer I found a place in Templeogue that offers a consultation on what schemes to go with etc for your specific property.

Its not an interior designer as such but may help narrow down the choice & save you some money on an interior designer :). Its €150 for them to call out to the property for 1.5 hours and you can redeem €75 back off paint etc.

Attached is the link if you want to check it out https://templeoguedecor.ie/colour-consult/

Thanks will check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rescue1122

Anyone got a snagging notification for drive recently

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Bruno84

Anybody receive a snagging date for anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 paulholly20?

Bruno84 wrote: »
    Anybody receive a snagging date for anywhere?

About 5 properties are or have been snagged since late last week/ early this week

I believe there’s a batch of 20 about to be given dates.
    Regency seem to be giving about a weeks notice, they’ll offer about 3 dates/times when they contact u

They’re progressing, after the loooooong wait

• Advertisement

I believe there’s a batch of 20 about to be given dates. Regency seem to be giving about a weeks notice, they’ll offer about 3 dates/times when they contact u

Do they contact directly or though solicitors? Our solicitor is extremely slow

085andym wrote: »
    Do they contact directly or though solicitors? Our solicitor is extremely slow

You'll get an email from Regency directly

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone in the detached houses on green have been called for snagging? Many thanks

Saz94 wrote:
    Just wondering if anyone in the detached houses on green have been called for snagging? Many thanks

We emailed regency on Friday, got a response yesterday evening saying the builder hopes to calls us for snagging mid July. We're in the terrace just to the left of the detached houses if you were looking over the fence, so not sure if we'll be called in batches or how it works..

Hi

Was anybody able to get the builders to move or add anything in while building was being done? ie water pipe/outside electrical socket. Sockets in the house so forth ? Anything similar to this ? Or changes to the kitchen ?

HSAM2021 wrote: »
    Hi

Was anybody able to get the builders to move or add anything in while building was being done? ie water pipe/outside electrical socket. Sockets in the house so forth ? Anything similar to this ? Or changes to the kitchen ?
    Unfortunately not, we asked when we bought it could we heighten the counter tops as both my partner and I are 5ft 11 and 6ft 4 and they said no. They said it slows down the process however, you should make sure they only tact your skirting boards so you dont take half your wall with you when you remove to put down your flooring :)

Guys are we allowed to plant any trees/hedges in back garden

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Rescue1122 wrote: »
    Guys are we allowed to plant any trees/hedges in back garden

Your garden… a neighbour can cut back any bits that end up over their boundary but not to the extent they kill the tree or hedge. https://www.treecouncil.ie/trees-and-the-law

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Your garden… a neighbour can cut back any bits that end up over their boundary but not to the extent they kill the tree or hedge. https://www.treecouncil.ie/trees-and-the-law

Thanks a bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭memomtoo

Does anyone got any update on primary school inside estate?
    by which year they are planning to get it ready and operational?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 aronanubhav

Hey, we got 40s HWR drive and today I got an email from Regency stating that the snagging dates are mid Jan 2022. Has anyone else also checked with them or have any update?

That is a news for me .

I t was told as we have house in 40's drive too , that snagging will be in October/could be September.

Who did you contact?

Hey, we got 40s HWR drive and today I got an email from Regency stating that the snagging dates are mid Jan 2022. Has anyone else also checked with them or have any update?

Structure is complete uptill 43 coming from 56
    That is a news for me .

I t was told as we have house in 40's drive too , that snagging will be in October/could be September.

Who did you contact?

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has snagged on the green as of yet ? Be great to hear how yous got on :)

Hi

Did you email them for an update ? Or did they contact you ?
    If you dont mind could you send me by private message the email or person inwould contact to get a.similar update?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aronanubhav

Structure is complete uptill 43 coming from 56

Was a news to me as well. I was also told Oct. But when I contacted Regency, they mentioned mid Jan. keeping finders crossed to get it sooner.

Saz94 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has snagged on the green as of yet ? Be great to hear how yous got on :)
    I did, house was in great shape very minor issues on the snag & was called to de-snag a week later, all done now just waiting on completion date which is really slow

I contacted EA and completion date for the drive is around August September.

Was a news to me as well. I was also told Oct. But when I contacted Regency, they mentioned mid Jan. keeping finders crossed to get it sooner.

HWR Drive house numbers in the 50's etc i got a response from Regency who advised completion date currently stands at Mid/Late September

• Advertisement

Archie2020 wrote: »
    I did, house was in great shape very minor issues on the snag & was called to de-snag a week later, all done now just waiting on completion date which is really slow
    brilliant. Did they give an approximate completion date?

Advertisement