Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Hurrache wrote: »
    Only something like 2 buses a day started at Hollystown, it was an extension of the existing 40D that starts at the hotel.

The issue with the 40E route as outlined in the map above is that there's plans to close the road it uses between the hotel down the side of Hollywoodrath.

They could just put a stop on the main road to the south of the swing roundabout. Or run the bus through the estate when the avenue opens up to the far side. They'll need to put in traffic calming in the estate once that thru road is open, regardless of what they do with closing that road. The road they're proposing to close is quite sharp and windy and I wouldn't be surprised if in future it's a hazard when there's brand new, well lit, wide roads with adequate footpaths etc nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

True, they could reroute it through Hollywoodrath, might make a bit more sense than sending it around the link road and then doubling back on itself. Although it's not yet a given that it will be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kevincheung

anyone know do I need to install water filter in hollywoodrath ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tom__jnr2

Water is rather on a soft side so no much scale builds up. We have it for drinking water, some ppl installed full system.

Tom__jnr2 wrote:
    Water is rather on a soft side so no much scale builds up. We have it for drinking water, some ppl installed full system.

thanks !

• Advertisement

Some people have them in, systems from EWS and others. I'd say if you're descaling your machines regularly you'll be fine, it's not that hard, bout normal levels of limescale buildup. I had to clean out a shower head after 2 years of use as it was down to about 75% efficiency I'd reckon. But some folks do prefer to just not have the hassle at all.

Nijmegen wrote:
    Some people have them in, systems from EWS and others. I'd say if you're descaling your machines regularly you'll be fine, it's not that hard, bout normal levels of limescale buildup. I had to clean out a shower head after 2 years of use as it was down to about 75% efficiency I'd reckon. But some folks do prefer to just not have the hassle at all.

great !thanks for the information

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Hollystown

Tom__jnr2 wrote: »

Lol where is soft water in Hollywoodrath ? It’s very hard water...
    I have skin problems after moving to Hollywoodrath! I lived in dundrum and I can say that The south has soft water but not north. You have to buy filter system, believe me!!

I have attached images of my checks.

1. Hollywoodrath 268PP after Limescale removal. Before filter I had 360PPM
    2. Dundrum 85 PPM

https://www.ehow.com/info_8007599_degrees-hardness-ppm-hard-water.html More info

Hollystown wrote:
    Lol where is soft water in Hollywoodrath ? It’s very hard water... I have skin problems after moving to Hollywoodrath! I lived in dundrum and I can say that The south has soft water but not north. You have to buy filter system, believe me!!

Hollystown wrote:
    1. Hollywoodrath 268PP after Limescale removal. Before filter I had 360PPM 2. Dundrum 85 PPM

Hollystown wrote:
    I have attached images of my checks.

thanks for information, which filter were you using ?only for sink water or for whole house ?

Whole house THE EWT 606 https://www.ewtechnologies.ie/ I used them.

Just remember this is only limescale removal it wont remove another minerals from water.

• Advertisement

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rosexanne

advertsfox wrote: »
    New update at last from KnightFranck:

So all going to plan, we could be in ours by February.

We were also communicated Feb when the new builders were appointed but just yesterday we got an email saying it is now late April. Anyone else get a similar update???

Please note the estimated handover date is late April. This is purely a guideline and would be subject to service connections

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ajmat

Hi all, we do received same email yesterday saying another two months delay, which is late April. At the moment we don't know the reason for this delay and waiting for more reply from our agent McPeak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

ajmat wrote: »
    Hi all, we do received same email yesterday saying another two months delay, which is late April. At the moment we don't know the reason for this delay and waiting for more reply from our agent McPeak.

Well it is funny, builder started.....a few guys around the site.....then they spent ages putting up covers around the whole site with the company name.....

I wasn't up past for a few days, now today, all that is gone....the site is wide open again....did that builder quit? looks like it

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Well it is funny, builder started.....a few guys around the site.....then they spent ages putting up covers around the whole site with the company name.....

I wasn't up past for a few days, now today, all that is gone....the site is wide open again....did that builder quit? looks like it

Nah, there's diesel engines running the lighting on the site and security present etc, so they're still going I'd say. The issue is likely just that the developer is looking to keep people strung along - if they say Feb and then after the assessment is done a few weeks later and they say April, folks are less likely to pull out I'd guess because they're pretty locked in to getting the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Aniwoo971

Hi All,
    Just wondering which road this new update concerns. We haven’t received the latest update from McPeake and are awaiting a house on the drive. Thanks

Aniwoo971 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Just wondering which road this new update concerns. We haven’t received the latest update from McPeake and are awaiting a house on the drive. Thanks

We are in the Drive and this is the update we got on Friday after following up with them to ask if they had a more specific date in February.

Rosexanne wrote: »
    We are in the Drive and this is the update we got on Friday after following up with them to ask if they had a more specific date in February.

Ok thanks. From the outside it looks as if our house is complete is yours the same? We never heard anything from McPeake very frustrating!

Aniwoo971 wrote: »
    Ok thanks. From the outside it looks as if our house is complete is yours the same? We never heard anything from McPeake very frustrating!

Yes ours is the same, looks complete from the outside but we haven't seen inside close up obviously. Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Also on the Drive but our house is just frame, windows and doors (no brick work / roof etc. yet). Our last email said end of January for first handovers but still nothing heard back from KnightFranck for an update. Got my solicitor to get in touch with Recency as well. They can't keep us in the dark like this, a lot of money has been handed over by all of us here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Nah, there's diesel engines running the lighting on the site and security present etc, so they're still going I'd say. The issue is likely just that the developer is looking to keep people strung along - if they say Feb and then after the assessment is done a few weeks later and they say April, folks are less likely to pull out I'd guess because they're pretty locked in to getting the house.

For a working site it is very quiet.....too quiet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alanfitz151188

Hi guys I am number 11 the drive
    We where told last Tuesday by Our Solicitor that it would be May/June until handover are ready. Initially November then January.

Crazy to say the least

hi Alan, I am your next door neighbor on number 10,I never heard about it from my agent and solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alanfitz151188

Looks like we are all neighbours here ... it is crazy these timelines . Was there this afternoon not one buildier on site

anyone know any Facebook group and whatapps group for this community ??I couldn't find on Facebook thanks

anyone know any Facebook group and whatapps group for this community ??I couldn't find on Facebook thanks
    This is the main one for Hollywoodrath - there is also a website, links below:

https://www.facebook.com/Hollywoodrath/

https://www.hollywoodrath.org/

There's a private group for residents, FB and Whatsapp. Drop me a PM and I'll send you a link.

Finally got an update from KnightFranck (after 3 emails). So it has went from end of January for first handovers to potentially June... :eek:
    We have been informed this morning by Regency that the new contractor has updated the completion dates for Hollywoodrath Drive and the proposed completion date for 12 Hollywoodrath Drive is now looking like it will be towards May/June 2019.

As with all new homes this is an approximate indication and will be dependent on how the site works progress, third party contractors scheduled on site, individual ESB connections, weather dependent etc. so Regency will endeavour to provide more accurate dates for snagging and handover closer to the completion date of each individual unit.

We will keep you updated as any further updates are provided by the development team.

advertsfox wrote: »
    Finally got an update from KnightFranck (after 3 emails). So it has went from end of January for first handovers to potentially June... :eek:

😮😮😮 this is disgraceful. The new contractors have been on site weeks at this stage with absolutely no meaningful work being done. The lack of communication and then terribly wrong information is making this whole process very unfair. Do they know/care that these huge delays have a knock on effect on mortgage approval or selling current homes?

• Advertisement

Guys,

Advertisement