Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

long handled back sponge

Options
  • 03-02-2016 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭

Had no idea where to ask this, so went for where I'd be shopping....

Anyone have any idea where I'd find one of those long-handled back sponge things, preferably in a B&M shop? Ive looked on the Boots website but no joy.

Can't think how better to describe it.... Hope someone know what I'm on about!

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

endacl wrote: »

Cheers, that's the sort of thing I'm after alright, except I'd prefer a sponge rather than loofah. It's for applying cream to hard to reach area on the back. Suppose one could wrap the loofah with something if all else fails!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

This might sound mad but I know someone who did it and said it was perfect. A foam mini paint roller. Cost less than a fiver and she said it was ideal for putting cream on her back.
    You'd get one in any hardware shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

fineso.mom wrote: »
    This might sound mad but I know someone who did it and said it was perfect. A foam mini paint roller. Cost less than a fiver and she said it was ideal for putting cream on her back.

Wow - that is a CLASS suggestion!

Nice lateral thinking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Nice lateral thinking :D
    Use it sideways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

It's called a loofah.

"Luffa is a genus of tropical and subtropical vines in the cucumber (Cucurbitaceae) family.

In everyday non-technical usage, the luffa, also spelled loofah, usually means the fruit of the two species L. aegyptiaca and L. acutangula"

I'm surprised you have troube getting them because I regularly see them and I'm not in the metropolis. If not in a chemist's, try a health shop.

And if you decide to go with the paint roller be sure to use the right colour paint. Ireland's soccer team is on the march again. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Loofahs are kind of unhygienic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

spurious wrote: »
    Loofahs are kind of unhygienic.
    Not as unhygienic as the sponge on a stick that I was expected to wipe my arse with in Mali :eek: :D

c2e168e0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Not as unhygienic as the sponge on a stick that I was expected to wipe my arse with in Mali :eek: :D

c2e168e0.jpg

Well done for bringing it home with you. I suppose the customs people didn't investigate too closely.

Advertisement